UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Granbelm arrived safe and sound. The North America release of A Place Further than the Universe is delayed into May, I hope that the UK release won't be delayed to May as well 🤞 After that there is sadly nothing for me. I hope AL will announce some new releases/licenses in May or July and that there is something for me, especially since last year was such a lackluster year for me in terms of their releases that I only ordered two releases from them during the whole year.

1. So no normal newswire this month? 2. Gundam Build Fighters try part 1 was supposed to be released on the 25th of March but haven't received any email about dispatch or delay.

I will definitely be picking up Venus Wars, the more retro anime the better. Glad I passed on the Sentai limited edition with its cheap cardboard box, I expect the AL release will be the same as Sentai's meaning no Manga UK dub unfortunately. Looks like I will just have to rip it and add the dub myself.

I will definitely be picking up Venus Wars, the more retro anime the better. Glad I passed on the Sentai limited edition with its cheap cardboard box, I expect the AL release will be the same as Sentai's meaning no Manga UK dub unfortunately. Looks like I will just have to rip it and add the dub myself.
I got that release with the cheapo slipcover. Figured the film would never be released here (again). Bleh. Narratively Venus Wars is a bit weak but the art and animation are incredible, absolutely peak 80s anime.

Nostalgia aside, I found the Sentai dub to be a lot better than the Manga UK one. It's a pity that the disc doesn't include both though.

I mentioned this before, but did I miss an announcement from AL about new CEs being store exclusive? The last batch (Granbelm, Golden Time, etc) still haven't shown up anywhere else as far as I can see.

Nostalgia aside, I found the Sentai dub to be a lot better than the Manga UK one. It's a pity that the disc doesn't include both though.
I honestly wouldn't have a problem with Sentai redubbing anime if they actually bothered to include the original dub. The more choice the better and it's not like they have never included old dubs before. For example Sentai's releases of Appleseed (2004) has both the Animaze dub and the Sentai redub. I just wish more companies were like Discotek and sometimes Funimation when it came to making sure all dubs were included.

Things I would LOVE to see AL license:
Sound! Euphonium Season 2
March Comes in Like a Lion Season 2
Bocchi the Rock
Lycoris Recoil
The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady
Healer Girl
Symphogear
The Rose of Versailles
Oniisama e (Dear Brother)

Just gimme something!

Last edited:
Bocchi the Rock
Lycoris Recoil
Symphogear
The Rose of Versailles

Just gimme something!
I'm guessing Dear Brother would be unlikely, as Discotek's license was a short one, although it's not listed as out of print on Discotek's website yet, but if I remember correctly, before RightStuf shut down, Dear Brother was listed as a Last Chance item. But we'll never know, seeing as both Anime Limited and MVM have released titles using masters from already out of print releases on multiple occasions. It depends on whether the Japanese licensor (which I believe is NHK, but I could be wrong) would allow a UK release.

More thinking of them releasing on blu ray as they did Last Evolution Kizuna which this is a sequel too.

I'm pretty sure I remember AL saying they would be releasing more Digimon, forgot where they said it though and correct me if I'm wrong.

I took it as they'd be releasing the new movie over anything else so I feel pretty confident we'll get it eventually.

Bocchi the Rock
Lycoris Recoil
Symphogear
The Rose of Versailles

Just gimme something!
Oh, the amount of times I've said to Anime Limited's faces that I want Symphogear lol

As we're talking about licenses, I can't wait until AL announce Carole & Tuesday, fingers crossed it'll include a soundtrack.

It being a Watanabe directed show along with it being a Sentai license it's just a matter of time I feel.

Would be nice if they could license Devilman: Crybaby as well as that has no release yet, seeing as they've released most of Yuasa's works. Could see it being a title they release in the U.S. as well if they did it seeing as they've been doing that more and more lately with most of them being Netflix shows at that.

Not sure if Sentai still have the license or not but I know they released the original Vampire Hunter D on BD so if AL could get that as well in the vein of Venus Wars that'd be great. Plus seeing as they released Bloodlust way back, it'd be complete having both movies.

Back