UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Have watched all of A Place Further than the Universe over the last few days.

The set is very nice, the booklet in particular is nicely produced. Then the inclusion of the subs being exactly the same as the ones on Crunchyroll is very nice in terms of the details. the discs do have a misprint in terms of episode count as noted elsewhere but nothing major.

The main problem is on the English dub track where a line from episode 10 is missing (with the character saying it is visibly on screen, with no sound).

this was also present on my own copy too. fwiw, the JP track is fine there with no problems. must have been missed somewhere in the pipeline

Reps from the company are aware of the issue and are looking into it. It may be worth, from interested parties, sending an email registering an interest in a replacement. hopefully any standard edition also fixes this problem.

Last edited:
Have watched all of A Place Further than the Universe over the last few days.

The set is very nice, the booklet in particular is nicely produced. Then the inclusion of the subs being exactly the same as the ones on Crunchyroll is very nice in terms of the details. the discs do have a misprint in terms of episode count as noted elsewhere but nothing major.

The main problem is on the English dub track where a line from episode 10 is missing (with the character saying it is visibly on screen, with no sound).

this was also present on my own copy too. fwiw, the JP track is fine there with no problems. must have been missed somewhere in the pipeline

Reps from the company are aware of the issue and are looking into it. It may be worth, from interested parties, sending an email registering an interest in a replacement. hopefully any standard edition also fixes this problem.

With the number of errors that keep on cropping up in Anime Limited's releases, there has to be a systematic problem on their end that means they keep missing these issues in whatever quality control procedures they have.

Not spotting misprinted episode numbers on discs (like c'mon, I'm all for giving smaller companies the benefit of the doubt and I really want to support physical anime releases in the UK, but they're making it increasingly more difficult).

At the end of the day, we're paying premium prices for what are essentially 'boutique' anime blu-ray sets, I would expect things to be printed correctly, audio tracks to be complete, and subtitles to be accurate at this price point. I understand things may slip through on occasion, but it seems to be a regular occurrence with AL.

I've been looking forward to getting my hands on the forthcoming Bleach and Naruto sets, but now I am only worrying about the host of errors and issues that may crop up.

It really is a lovely set otherwise, much better than the typical "collector's edition" they seem to trot out.

Last edited:
Back