Anime lets downs

Maxon said:
Pomtry said:
Oh my godess was a piece of crap it was just like any other lovey dovey anime Ive seen. Apart from the fact that there godesses
I have to agree. I got a bit annoyed when I picked up a copy of Neo and I saw Ah! My Goddess on the cover and when I found it was the main article of the magazine. People rave about it a lot but I don't see why. I managed to get through the first season due to pure curiosity, but only made it to five episodes in the second season and gave up.

Have to agree. It isn't even very romantic. I can't imagine who would want Belldandy as a girlfriend. She's a complete doormat.

Chrono Demon said:
Maxon said:
Chrono Demon said:
Why does everyone pick on FF7 : AC, I can watch it a billion times and never get tired of it.
People "pick on it" or the reasons WTFDaveMustaine has said.
Chrono Demon said:
Seriously, I don't know why everyone watches naruto, its just Ninjas throwing stuff
Then what about Bleach? It's just people fighting with swords. :roll:

At least the Main Charater in Bleach is more better and funnier than Naruto.... Naruto is like one of the worst anime Characters.

I rest my case
That's the case you pose for Bleach? Oh dear.
Ark said:
Maxon said:
Pomtry said:
Oh my godess was a piece of crap it was just like any other lovey dovey anime Ive seen. Apart from the fact that there godesses
I have to agree. I got a bit annoyed when I picked up a copy of Neo and I saw Ah! My Goddess on the cover and when I found it was the main article of the magazine. People rave about it a lot but I don't see why. I managed to get through the first season due to pure curiosity, but only made it to five episodes in the second season and gave up.

Have to agree. It isn't even very romantic. I can't imagine who would want Belldandy as a girlfriend. She's a complete doormat.
There's that and the whole staring at each other and repeating each other's names with a misty eyed expression...

Seriously, Whatever I like, people go against it. Me and AUKN are so different.

I blame Paul, you breed people like them.

Back on topic : Seriously, Worst anime is Bobobobobobo (you get the picture), so random and stupid....

Ramadahl said:
hopeful_monster said:
Wonder how many are on this list not because they are bad or you don't like them, but because they were either over hyped or missrepresented.
Uh, if the topic is let-downs, surely lots of titles that people list should be ones that were overhyped or misrepresented? Because if this is a thread about titles we don't like I sure messed up my post, as I like some of the ones I mentioned.

Not all let downs are due to over hype, there are those with poor endings, sequels (another common theme) and of course things you wanted to like but didn't (as seen in my thread a week or so ago).
Another to add to the list are Gundam Wing , voerly long with overy powerful mecha and black and white politics.

gaara-sama said:
final fantasy spirits within tht was a let down i was gutted when i watched it i was looking forward to some decent action. :(

Agreed I hated that movie, ok so Steve Bushimy (sp?) is a great voice choice, but the film itself was aweful

I thought Spirits Within was ok. I guess the reason why it gets blasted so much is because it wasn't really related to anything Final Fantasy right? Because it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

WTFDaveMustaine said:
I thought Spirits Within was ok. I guess the reason why it gets blasted so much is because it wasn't really related to anything Final Fantasy right? Because it's not nearly as bad as people make it out to be.

You know i liked it as a film, the CG was pretty good. But as i've said before i think it got such harsh feedback because people bought it with the notion it would be like Advent Children.

If they renamed it to Spooky Crap From Space, it would have gotten a better reception.

gaara-sama said:
final fantasy spirits within tht was a let down i was gutted when i watched it i was looking forward to some decent action. :(

Unlike 99.9% of people who watched that movie, I was expecting a sci-fi movie just like I thought it was going to be. Thats what I got.

Everyone else was blowing out their ass because OMFG cloud wasn't in it or whatever >_>, or the fact it had zero things related to the game.

Hyaku said:
Everyone else was blowing out their ass because OMFG cloud wasn't in it or whatever >_>, or the fact it had zero things related to the game.
Only connections l could make were
1. Character called Sid or Cid (common in almost all the games)
2. Life stream like thing (FF7)
3. ... no that's it
While it wasn't brilliant it was decent enought, but the hype and hope that pretty much killed it.

i fought the end of EoE wa a let down and some animes that are meant to be realy good tend to be ruined by exezive use of gore and even tho im one for gored up stuff it beleave an anime with no violence is just as good as onee with lots of violence. the thing is exisive use if violence makes th plot line rubbish and the anime dull. its like watch cuz im gorey. not want all the time. sorry to rant .
________
Marijuana Vaporizer

Eureka 7 the end is so quick and it doesn't really explain certain stuff, like where Renton and Eureka go or Talho and Orlando what happens to them, I was hoping when it flshed up one year later we'd get to see how everyone is now doing and what kinda life they are living but only seeing the kids with Rentons grandfather really was a bit of a let down. Although seeing the Giant Heart with Eureka and Rentons name name carved into it covering the moon was really cool

Last edited by a moderator:
Eureka 7 the end is so quick and it doesn't really explain certain stuff, like where Renton and Eureka go or Talho and Orlando what happens to them, I was hoping when it flshed up one year later we'd get to see how everyone is now doing and what kinda life they are living but only seeing the kids with Rentons grandfather really was a bit of a let down. Although seeing the Giant Heart with Eureka and Rentons name name carved into it covering the moon was really cool

The ending of samurai champloo again the ending was rushed and the series ended when it shouldnt off. The last fighting scene wasnt as great as it should of been aswell

McIcy said:

i noticed i know this is a anime let downs forum but every time i read a manga then whatch the anime everything is different and i find it harder to keep up with the story line.
________
One Vaporizer

Pomtry said:
The ending of samurai champloo again the ending was rushed and the series ended when it shouldnt off. The last fighting scene wasnt as great as it should of been aswell
Really? I'm not sure how you could say the ending was rushed, as it was all really just a series of episodes - there wasn't any real plot to wrap up anyway. I thought the last fight was pretty cool, too... it was actually a challenge for them, unlike pretty much all the other opponents they faced.

Back