Anime everyone else thinks is crap but you like

Well, if I'm a moe hater I guess that makes you a moe lover?

Its not so much the fact that the characters simply have stereotypical anime elements to them ie. big watery eyes, spikey hair, things that 90% of female anime characters have. It's to do with how forgetable and clearly un- inspired they look. All the female characters essentially(if you change eye/ hair colour) are all nearly identical. This is not the case with all anime, just the ones with uninspired character designs.

As for Afterstory, why would I bother watching it when I didn't watch Clannad and thus have no care for its characters. Its clearly going to still be about the same themes.

Reaper gI said:
Ryu Shoji said:
Reaper gI said:
Mayoi Neko Overrun!, changing director and studio each ep was at least new, and Peko.
I actually dropped that show after a couple of episodes. It's a shame that after Black Cat, all Kentaro Yabuki is doing these days is illustrating those kind of series'...also, it was too similar to To Love Ru xD
He's the ilustrator on the Manga (tie-in to the anime) not the original novel, that was Peco.
You didn't even get to the filler.
Yeah, he didn't do TLR's story either - he just draws it...which is worse tbh - at least think of it xD

*Deep breathes* I like:
Naruto (and Shippuden; just not the filler)
Tokyo Mew Mew
Pokémon
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Romeo x Juliet (I haven't heard much positive talk about this series).

Oh wow, the long, long list of **** that I will watch...

OK, ignoring stuff that I also think is crap but like anyway, I am going to give shout-outs to two recent series that I see getting hated on for different reasons:

Senkou no Night Raid
Seikon no Qwaser

Both of these shows are sick in their own way, and don't get the credit they deserve.

Reaper: please stop trolling these threads.

Maxon said:
Ian Wolf said:
Judging by the comments I've seen elsewhere on the forum I'm tempted to say Martain Successor Nadesico.
No that's just maes.
He sounds like a cool guy.

I don't like Nadesico either. I must have tried watching it 5 or 6 times and not once did I get even half way /o\

I'm struggling to think of anything I like that's generally regarded as "crap", perhaps because I tend to avoid those shows. Go me!

Samurai 7's a freakin' AWESOME show. never understood why anybody's openly dissed it.

One of those shows where I hear the complaints, and think to myself ' Uhh... did they actually watch the whole thing?'

HdE said:
Samurai 7's a freakin' AWESOME show. never understood why anybody's openly dissed it.

One of those shows where I hear the complaints, and think to myself ' Uhh... did they actually watch the whole thing?'
thats a good anime i like that

sanji no 1 said:
Oh you liked the ninja scroll series aswell? Thats good to know :)

Did you perfer it to the movie?
thats a tight one but since the movies a classic and a good one and the series is a series with less violence.............................. i dont know i like em both

Jaymii said:
Do you love the Fist of the North Star aesthetic, too, Reaper?
Yup, I like heavly stylised, irrespective of how it's stylised.

Wether that be super cute, realy gritty, water colours, or SHAFT pop art stuff etc.

ilmaestro said:

Fine I'll contribute more then.
Happiness, can the one good character carry the whole (otherwise realy bland) show, yes (errrm) he can.

IS: Infinite Stratos, another total trainwreck that's stupid enough to be fun.

Reaper gI said:
Jaymii said:

Wether that be super cute, realy gritty, water colours, or SHAFT pop art stuff etc.

ilmaestro said:

Happiness, can the one good character carry the whole (otherwise realy bland) show, yes (errrm) he can.

i saw the Fist of the North Star 4 - 5 years ago on channel 4 early in the morning and i was like finally a violate anime lol

animefreak17 said:
HdE said:

thats a good anime i like that

The great irony is, it's not just 'good' - it's really top flight stuff!

I've spotted criticisms online as follows:

'It's not a proper re-telling of Seven Samurai! Waaa!' - Uhh... I'd have thought that was evident 30 seconds into the first episode?

'The characters are all cliches! Waaa!' Uh... no they're not. No more than in most adventure shows, and certainly they're close to the spirit of the characters in Seven Samurai. Plus, they grow and follow compelling arcs, to the last man. By the end, you care about all of them.

Except Kyuzo. Coz he's a douche.

'The show has no heart! Uwaaaaa!' - Really? I defy you to make it to the final scenes of the last episode without having a little tremble in your throat.

I can only suppose that some folks feel like it's not the product they thought they were signing up for. Or maybe it's just not for them - which is cool. But as a story, it's so strong in terms of execution (barring the forgivable sag in the middle of the series) that I can't see solid grounds for complaint.

HdE said:
'The show has no heart! Uwaaaaa!' - Really? I defy you to make it to the final scenes of the last episode without having a little tremble in your throat.

Done. I win.

Seriously, forget all that nitpicky criticism. The only real reason it sucks is because it's boooooooooring.

Reaper gI said:
Very interesting recent example, the show definitely sucks, but lots of people clearly like it. I guess I would also be in that camp, as it was one of the shows that I was always up to date on as it aired.

Reaper gI said:
Jaymii said:

ilmaestro said:

The greatest thing since sliced bread....is Charl from Infinite Stratos. Luckily she saved the show for me!

Divergence eve. So many people I know bashed it but I actually think it's really good. Misaki was such a likeable heroine, at least to me.

VivisQueen said:
Seriously, forget all that nitpicky criticism. The only real reason it sucks is because it's boooooooooring.

Well, I call personal taste on that one.

It may be a boring show to some - and I suspect that a lot of folks have picked it up expecting it to be an action-fest - but I found it a really engrossing show, with involving characters and a well measured pace.

It's funny - I think it's much the same story with Wolf's Rain.

Back