Animax on in the UK?

chaos said:
Nice to know. I'm wondering if I can get one of these steerable dishes for me and install on my flat. I'm not sure I can point it in any direction though, as my flat faces only one direction.
Judging by your optimistic tone, I take it that you've changed your mind about continuing to own television-viewing equipment. To your credit, I suppose you'd be getting Licence Fee's worth by doing this...

I've always been curious about them families that receive channels from wherever they are from. Italian families tend to always have a TV with UK Sky and Italian satellite. They know somewhere we do not.

Project-2501 said:
and I can pick up a couple of thousand channels.
Channels from what countries?

chaos said:
Ryo Chan said:
however, if more than 3 people watch it in your house, you need to apply for a licence from the goverment.

only costs 12 grand though
? you're just joking right?

nope, more than 3 people watching it require you to apply for a broadcasting licence, the kind pubs have

which cost 12grand a year

Ryo Chan said:
chaos said:
Ryo Chan said:
however, if more than 3 people watch it in your house, you need to apply for a licence from the goverment.

nope, more than 3 people watching it require you to apply for a broadcasting licence, the kind pubs have

But I'm not broadcasting, I'd be on the receiver end of it...

chaos said:
Ryo Chan said:
chaos said:
Ryo Chan said:

But I'm not broadcasting, I'd be on the receiver end of it...

not sure what the official term for it is, it's a licence pubs need to show programs to the general public. Stupid i know

^ Yeah Ryo, the general public. If you leave the door of your house open and let anyone wander in off the street to watch your TV you'd need one of those licences. Private citizens you invite to your house don't count. :lol:

Ryo Chan said:
well ur risk, just don't end up like the guy round me with a £42k fine ;)
Can you tell me what the guy did?

Suppose is father, mum and two kids, would this family haveto pay 12k for a license?

chaos said:
Ryo Chan said:

Suppose is father, mum and two kids, would this family haveto pay 12k for a license?

I highly doubt it who care about stupids laws anyway

You know it's illegal to tape music off the radio?

unellmay said:
chaos said:
Ryo Chan said:

I'm interested in knowing why.
This example you gave, albeit weird, is something I can actually see hapenning. Being enforced though, is a complete different matter.

chaos said:
unellmay said:
chaos said:
Ryo Chan said:

This example you gave, albeit weird, is something I can actually see hapenning. Being enforced though, is a complete different matter.

Most police officers don't know half of the laws

I saw a show with a guy who was recording them walking past from his garden they tried to arrest but couldn't because it wasn't illegal

also No police man will find by loli stash NEVER!!!!

unellmay said:
chaos said:
unellmay said:
chaos said:
Ryo Chan said:

I saw a show with a guy who was recording them walking past from his garden they tried to arrest but couldn't because it wasn't illegal

Do you read what I've wrote up there?
I don't care if they arrest or don't arrest people who do that, I'm interested in knowing what is the law behind it.

Also, what loli has to do with the subject at hand?

chaos said:
unellmay said:
chaos said:
unellmay said:
chaos said:
Ryo Chan said:

Do you read what I've wrote up there?
I don't care if they arrest or don't arrest people who do that, I'm interested in knowing what is the law behind it.

Also, what loli has to do with the subject at hand?

Law behind what? I'm confused now
The radio thing is probably some old forgotten law from the 70s or something when radio was actually important because you couldn't download the songs in two minutes

Loli is life plus it's now illegal dammit!

Sky require you to pay a special rate for non-domestic useage of their pay channels.

If you have a TV license you are allowed to own and use TV reception equipment. And so long as you're not illegally decoding it (ie with a copied card etc..) or rebroadcasting it or showing it to people other than your family/people you live with you can watch it. The TV license USED to say that you had to report to them if you could pick up any overseas radio or TV. Now with satellites covering most of northern europe its a bit hard to stop that ;)

If Overon (the provider of the Animax stream) didn't want anyone other than the intended audience to view it they would encrypt it. People have been using steerable dishes for decades to go looking for other FTA channels.

unellmay said:
Law behind what? I'm confused now
The radio thing is probably some old forgotten law from the 70s or something when radio was actually important because you couldn't download the songs in two minutes

Loli is life plus it's now illegal dammit!

Yep, you dont read what people write :p
I'm asking for the law that gave an absurd fine to Ryo's neighbour.

I understand the tape things out of radio, but there is virtually no way to enforce such law.

Loli is not banned just yet, if you're talking about the coroner's bill. Look in the forums for our discussion on the topic. Also, take a look in Nakama Britanica for a folk called Derfel. He posted a large analysis into this bill in his blog.

Back