Animax on in the UK?

SundayMorningCall said:
chaos said:
Zin5ki said:
Steerable dishes eh? It strikes me as somewhat amusing to learn that simply looking towards a different satellite is all that's required to watch foreign television. That could make for some interesting lonely nights indoors.
To catch the signal, yes, but you would still need to have a decoder, such as an sky box for animax, I believe.

eh?

so...I can just adjust the Sky dish and get US channels?

If only it were that simple we all would have done it, i'm sure. :p

A sky mini-dish is too small, I've got an 80cm and even that is a bit small. I would love to put up a 1.2m dish but I fear complaints. They look HUGE compared to a sky dish.

You can't get US TV, the beams point the wrong way. Basically anything where the beam hits the UK can be picked up, some require bigger dishes, others don't.

A sky box could probably pick it up but they are a mare to tune, the best bet is a dedicated FTA box (ideally something like a dreambox) or a PC card.

unellmay said:
Tv's overrated...
Internet streaming is the way foward
less adverts
TV adverts are an effective way for companies to sell products. As long as people are buying the products, as well as the technologies associated with TV (DVD, satellite, BluRay), TV will always be around. Streaming is not a profitable venture for most companies.

Maxon said:
unellmay said:
Tv's overrated...
less adverts
TV adverts are an effective way for companies to sell products. As long as people are buying the products, as well as the technologies associated with TV (DVD, satellite, BluRay), TV will always be around. Streaming is not a profitable venture for most companies.

I can buy most of that crap with out a TV advert, a media that is printed on paper in a form of what they call "magazines". Very helpful, you read articles on it to obtain information

Maxon said:
unellmay said:
Tv's overrated...
less adverts

.......That's nice
I'm still gonna stream

Mutsumi said:
I don't see the point is streaming when you can download it to keep.

If you have inifite hard drive space and wanna wait at least 30 minutes each time to watch it

and if you wanna go down that route why even buy anime dvds?
we can download for free sometimes at the same quality

Project-2501 said:
Cos the streaming is legit and torrents are not... maybe thats why :roll:

And if you want to keep it just buy the DVDs ;)

Indeed. Please could everyone respect one of the tiny handful of rules we actually have and not discuss illegally watching/copying anime on the forum. This isn't that kind of site.

As I'm actively removing posts which even vaguely imply how to do it or support this behaviour, please don't bother making them.

R

Ahhh, I thought I'd replied earlier but couldn't see it now! :O

Where is there a legit streaming available in the UK then? I know it is available int he US, but this ain't the US. :/

Back