Amateur Hour

Going up in the world Black... your very own thread! :p

Looking good though, you're definately getting the hang of computer shading. Large single coloured areas (like the robe in the pic above) can be pretty hard to get right.

Thanks Ayase to test myself further i'm going to try a series of fan art drawings for the next couple of weeks while i' sort some thing out, although these can end up going either way in terms of quality. :)

Fan art is definately good practice. Gets you used to proportion more than anythings. Always better to have your own drawing style mind.

Looking good Black. Your definately getting better with the more practice you get. [spoilers]Boobies XD[/spoiler] *ahem*

Looking forward to seeing some fan art of yours. :D

Well the first piece in my fan art series is completed...although looking on it now i think i messed up in a few places, including some obvious stuff -_- Still learning though.

Anyway without further ado, here's the first piece. Mion Sonozaki* from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (Higurashi: When They Cry)

*- suposed to be...

I said this the other day to you but once again... I'm loving your Mion. Shaded well and I can tell who it is from first glance. Not bad for your first fanart attempt mate. Plus, I like the fact that it has a look of oy your character style too. So you can tell that you drew it.
Looking fwd to more mate. Keep up the practice! :D

Thanks for the comments :) the next piece is coming along nicely, i have the basic composition sketched out, just need to add the body structure and details

Looks like my estimate of getting the second piece of fan art finished was a bit off, here's some sketches i did while bored instead :p I'll try and have the fan art uploaded by sunday night at the latest

Truely awesome sketches here Black. I'm impressed. Particularly like the top left one. She cute (I'm assuming it's all female lol). Honestly Black if you drew these free hand then you've definately advanced.
Nicely played mate. :thumb:

Two Updates here, firstly the last of the face sketches for a while, those with keen eyes may recognise that i've attempted to draw the masked character from one of my other digital attempts.

Then onto the main reason for this update, after a week's delay here's the second in my fanart project. The anime is Lunar Legend Tsukihime and the characters are Arcueid Brunestud and Shiki Tohno (or should that be Shiki Nanaya*) Personally i'm not happy with how the faces turned out, i'm liking the shading on Shiki's school uniform however but its nothing like the picture i had in my mind :( Still like i said before i'm learning.

Next up in my fan art project will be Archer from Fate/Stay Night,

Last edited by a moderator:
Another good scetch their their Black however (critic to the face) I'm not as impressed with the fanart. I've never seen Lunar Legend Tsukihime like, so that doesn't help me. Mion was awesome by the way. I think that they look a bit mis-shapen. The lasses shoulders look a bit long meaning there's an un-natural distance between head and arm... good picture, just not as good as Mion.

Edit/ Looking at it again, I'm thinking it's more like the position of the head than the soldier. I can't quit my finger on it.

I'm currently taking a little break from the fanart project (i should resume next week) but i've not stopped drawing. Here are two sketchs i've been toying around with recently (plus i've discovered i only have one page left in my current sketch book)

In the Royal Guard Sketch i apologise for the rubbish weapons that i drew around it, i got bored and had the free space.

Ohh more Wolf art.
It's good as usual I see.. I like the eyes on your shadows.

one question though.. what's that weapon at the right side of your Royal Guard sketch?

JamesX said:
Ohh more Wolf art.
It's good as usual I see.. I like the eyes on your shadows.

one question though.. what's that weapon at the right side of your Royal Guard sketch?

That is a made up gauntlet weapon combining a sword and a machine gun :p i may try to develop it a bit more so it looks better

Right here's some excepts from my sketching phase :) These latest "Shadows" I'm not too happy with, so i may have to come up with some other designs before i settle with proper ones.

Back