Amateur Hour

BlackWolf

Godhand
Well this has been overdue, but i thought it would be best to make a seperate thread instead of just cluttering up the Count thread. Anyway i'm after some constructive feedback, especially on the side of digital colouring :) I'll try to keep this thread as upto date as i can manage.

Here's the first piece, i did it just as an attempt to do something vaugely recognisable as a comic page.

At the moment an old version of Paint Shop Pro, number 8 i think, i've had it for almost 5 years now. I should really updgrade to one of the new programs

I never use those drawing programs. I did some traning on corel draw 4 on its release though.. :p
feeling really old now... =)

I think i have one of them as well, but i think that's just as old as my Paint Shop Pro, for colouring its so/so, i'm a long way off abandoning drawing by hand for drawing on the computer.

Here's one i just finished colouring today

Thanks Wildcard :) I've been keeping track of the work you've been creating and your stuff always impresses me. If everything goes well i should post new things evey few days or so, comic attempts every week.

Hey, nice work. As for constructive criticism, the second picture is far better than the first one; The thing I'd say you need to improve in is the eyes (they all look set-back and 2d looking). Also, on the second picture the hair is quite good on the bottom blue haired character, but it looks a bit flat on the blond haired character (maybe could fix this with more gloss like on the brown haired character). Anyway, I can definitely see you improving in the space of the first and second picture- Keep at it! ^^

Thanks Yagami :thumb: I was happy with how i got the girl's hair, although i'm still having trouble with how much highlighting i should do on the hair. Anyway this next piece was created before the last two, and i did it just as a personal comparsion between digital colouring and my old way of pencil colouring.

light on the hat and on the cape seems a bit off to me.
I mean, there's no light on the right side of the hat, but there is light on the right side of the cape. I suck at arts and I fail to draw a straight line, so I can't really judge others, but that's how it seems to me.

chaos said:
light on the hat and on the cape seems a bit off to me.
I mean, there's no light on the right side of the hat, but there is light on the right side of the cape. I suck at arts and I fail to draw a straight line, so I can't really judge others, but that's how it seems to me.

Yeah i just noticed that myself now that i look at it again, ah well to be fair it was the first piece i did on the computer :p It's all a learning process

I didn't know you could draw Black? :lol:

I see you got round to colouring that page in. Your definately getting better at colouring with photoshop. You should save up like me and get a tablet so you can just draw straight into your hard drive. Heh.

They costs so much though... TT_TT

great job, you shud defo get hold of illustrator, i havent got a graphics tablet yet but ive bin told to defo get hold of 1, the cheapest ive seen is £80 i think tht was an A4 1.

It's the Char Chibs :p

Weren't they coloured in by hand (non digital) last time I saw them? Got some good critics on the thread so far Black. Glad you decided to start posting your drawings.

I like the second picture on page one alot. I hadn't seen that one yet. *Pose* =P

Yep as part of an excerise to get used to digital colouring i went back to a lot of my old work and re-coloured them so to speak. I do have new piece i'm working on that i hope to put up by weeks end (if not sooner) but for me at least it takes a while to even get the base colours on!

Okay here's that new piece i promised, i'm not happy with how the girl on the right turned out :( and my highlighting on the hair is a bit hit/miss...also its doubt full that i'll have a comic page up this week afterall i'll aim for better next week :)

Back