all about your love lifes

<object width="425" height="349"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JWdZEumNRmI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JWdZEumNRmI?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="349" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

animefreak17 said:
i was bullied really bad in school for 5 years i tryed to befriend people i did have a few but there was the bullys who taunted me ( bad flash backs)

When you get older (and leave education) you find out that, thankfully, the politics and silliness of school don't follow you. At school, there were many things about me which were made fun of, but as an adult, people see those same things and find them very cool. When I was at school, I was quite literally the only anime fan in the school (it was an all-girls school which really did not help) whereas now complete strangers often smile at my t-shirts and ask for recommendations. Nobody at my workplace would even think for a second of making fun of me.

School can be pretty horrible if you aren't one of the cool kids, but it does get better :/

R

No offence is meant by this animefreak but is english not your first language, or are you dyslexic or something? I'm just curious.

Lawrence said:
Well I can imagine that problems would arise anyway if you are a single guy living with several hundred girls.

Rui's female Lawrence, I'm pretty sure boys aren't allowed in all-girl schools ;p

Rui: I somehow managed to get by on novelty value, I was still as nerdy as I am today, but for some reason all the assholes kind of liked me for novelty value or something,I rarely had problems though many of my friends did.

It definitely gets better, at uni there's none of the "caste" bull****. There are still some people who think they're better than everyone else, but you can generally tell who they are and they're not worth bothering with. They usually don't act on it either they just have bad attitudes.

Rui said:
Aww I think I missed something entertaining :(

R

Hell, your not the only one :(

Mutsumi said:
Aww man, this is just the kind of thread I could let loose some innuendo into. Now the opening post has been edited and the thread is straying off topic. ;_; No innuendo or puns for me. :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I saw this topic and instantly thought "could be interesting"

As everything is sort of lost to me right now... i'll follow on from these:

1.to expensive
:p It can be, but all the money in the world can't buy you love, so at the end of the day... richer or poorer; the fact you'll be together means monetary values aren't as important (though money does help you enjoy life more)

2. you see them everyday and you just want to be alone once and awhile
Well, I do agree that at times i just want time to myself, but you know what? i'd never wish to be left fully alone. The saying "you don't know what you've got till its gone" is one of the truest things in life, so when you've got someone, be thankful that they love and accept you for who you are as much as you do for them. Time apart makes the heart grow fonder, but too much time apart breaks it down.... as you grow up you'll learn that life is a constant balancing act, once you've got to a happy medium its all plain sailing from there :)

3. they nag you about things
Haha, If experience has told me anything, its that you only ever get nagged at if your to blame (for not thinking/helping or paying attention)

4. some people try to change you slowly but surely
To be specific.... your constantly changing, (on a very small level your cells die and are replaced millions of times a day) As a human its part of life to mature, adapt, excel and progress, whether that be physically or mentally.. so i don't really think that changing is the problem. If they love you for who you are then thats all that matters (i could bet money on it that by the time your 50 you'll have changed so much and it will be of your own accord, with or without a spouse, its just a part of life like i said)

5. i dedicated my life to my family first
And what happens when you marry the love of your life? you have kids of your own... will you still class them as friends, and devote yourself to your parents and siblings? ofcorse not. Family can be anything, foster carers look after kids that aren't genetically theirs, intergrate them into their family and treat them the same. why? because you don't have to be genetically related to be family... family are important, but you'll eventually grow up to have a new family of your own.

Lawrence said:
Well I can imagine that problems would arise anyway if you are a single guy living with several hundred girls.

Curiously though it sounds like your t-shirts were perhaps part of the problem. Myself I just wear garments like that at home to save any potential **** from kicking off, wouldn't that have perhaps worked well for you too?

You made my life sound several times more awesome than it actually was :)

I had school uniforms, so I'm afraid the problem has always been with me, rather than how I dressed. Having said that, the person I am now would never change how they dress or act just to avoid being made fun of by the majority.

Sparrowsabre7: Novelty value is a good way of describing how I feel now I'm out in the wide world (after school). My workmates all think I am utterly bonkers, but in a cool way. It's a lot more relaxed after the cliques of school life.

My other half was similarly nerdy growing up but he went to an all-boys school, where there were generally a couple of nerdy kids in every class. So they banded together and didn't end up bitter and twisted the way I felt. My school was lacking in fellow nerds and nerd culture so I tended to stand out. Bah.

R

Lawrence said:
Rui said:
animefreak17 said:
i was bullied really bad in school for 5 years i tryed to befriend people i did have a few but there was the bullys who taunted me ( bad flash backs)

When you get older (and leave education) you find out that, thankfully, the politics and silliness of school don't follow you. At school, there were many things about me which were made fun of, but as an adult, people see those same things and find them very cool. When I was at school, I was quite literally the only anime fan in the school (it was an all-girls school which really did not help) whereas now complete strangers often smile at my t-shirts and ask for recommendations. Nobody at my workplace would even think for a second of making fun of me.

School can be pretty horrible if you aren't one of the cool kids, but it does get better :/

R

Curiously though it sounds like your t-shirts were perhaps part of the problem. Myself I just wear garments like that at home to save any potential **** from kicking off, wouldn't that have perhaps worked well for you too?
Rui is a woman.

animefreak17 said:

Yeah that happened to me to the point i became ill, and has some what ruined my teenage years. oh well carry on i guess. My love life is pretty much noexcistant but i'm ready for that lucky lass.

Soubi-Hurt said:
animefreak17 said:

Yeah that happened to me to the point i became ill, and has some what ruined my teenage years. oh well carry on i guess. My love life is pretty much noexcistant but i'm ready for that lucky lass.

Your from Greater manchester? Go to a club called sankeys.... take your pick of women. no need to talk because the music's that loud and for the most part its pitch black down there.... there's strobe lighting though, so just make sure their not a bloke then your golden :thumb:

Sparrowsabre7 said:
No offence is meant by this animefreak but is english not your first language, or are you dyslexic or something? I'm just curious.

Lawrence said:

Rui's female Lawrence, I'm pretty sure boys aren't allowed in all-girl schools ;p

Rui: I somehow managed to get by on novelty value, I was still as nerdy as I am today, but for some reason all the assholes kind of liked me for novelty value or something,I rarely had problems though many of my friends did.

It definitely gets better, at uni there's none of the "caste" bull****. There are still some people who think they're better than everyone else, but you can generally tell who they are and they're not worth bothering with. They usually don't act on it either they just have bad attitudes.
im just not good at grammar

Rui said:
animefreak17 said:

R
I second what Rui says, after you leave school all the stigma and ******** associated with you will go, one of the reasons why I'm looking forward to uni, plus, the cool kids are kinda lame, island hoppers and generally shallow, it's more fun to be the outsider in my opinion, it has never bothered me much, but that's just me.

As for a relationship, like the rest of the guys have said, don't bother rushing it, it's not the sort of thing that you just go "right I'm gonna do this", it's more of a spontaneous thing rather than premeditated, I'm generally uninterested in a relationship, the only time I try for one is when I fancy someone, the rest of the time it's bachelorism all the way.

(I also sincerely apologize that this is mainly in the first person, just the way I talk)

Rui said:
Lawrence said:

You made my life sound several times more awesome than it actually was :)

I had school uniforms, so I'm afraid the problem has always been with me, rather than how I dressed. Having said that, the person I am now would never change how they dress or act just to avoid being made fun of by the majority.

Sparrowsabre7: Novelty value is a good way of describing how I feel now I'm out in the wide world (after school). My workmates all think I am utterly bonkers, but in a cool way. It's a lot more relaxed after the cliques of school life.
R

Agreed, I actually went to an all boys school so there were some fellow nerds =P but at uni everyone loves me (I don't mean that in a boastful way or that they're all my best friends, they just all have nothing bad to say about me, as I've been told several times.)

I also introduced myself on the first day by saying "I'm weird" in that "say one memorable thing about yourself" induction exercise and everyone laughed and it's something everyone remembers me for. My uni best friend literally retells the story at every oppotunity :p

Animefreak: OK I was jus wondering =)

All about my love life? Well, it's messy, but I know that the right girl is out there.

Mutsumi said:
Aww man, this is just the kind of thread I could let loose some innuendo into. Now the opening post has been edited and the thread is straying off topic. ;_; No innuendo or puns for me. :(
Innuendo from you? Are you capable of it?!?! =D Seriously, I'll never forget what you did at the Minami party. I even blushed at that! =P

-Tachi- said:
Your from Greater manchester? Go to a club called sankeys.... take your pick of women. no need to talk because the music's that loud and for the most part its pitch black down there.... there's strobe lighting though, so just make sure their not a bloke then your golden :thumb:
Thanks for the recommendation. I'll also watch out for girls called Lola.

Back