Aion is selling manga/anime on eBay. Aion wants money.

That-Bastard-Bad-Guy-Aion said:
Chaos, just in case your PayPal address is your work address, you might want to explain when you go in tomorrow morning about the whole 'Big Man on an anime forum' thing, 'cause if there's a guy bigger than you there there's a high probability he'll think the books are his. I'm just saying, like...

Not really. Your real name is on the package, so fret not.
I'm pretty confident it would find it's way to me if it has big man written on the outside. But possibly, when they scan it for bombs, they would just notice the books and know right away that there is only one guy weird enough to read it those books besides Japan's ex-PM.

I hope you know more about 'Mosses' than is in the bible, Chaos.

Also, Rui has revealed to me that I was wrong all this time: his real name is Rich; not Roy!

clipboard07t.jpg

Mosses in the bible?!?! But most stories in the bible are in the desert, hardly anywhere damp and cold enough for mosses.

Perhaps you've meant that dude that divided the waters?
Guy looks cool in some paintings, like he's going to smash someone's head with that tablet if one doesn't listen to his God's commandments =P

Anyway, the reason I'm here is to let you know that the books arrived safely and from a first glance they look like new. Have you even read them?

I actually got them second-hand off eBay, like yourself. And, yes, I have read the books; meaning they've been read at least twice.

The experience wasn't a memorable one. Refer to my MAL manga list comment to see what I thought about it - I can't remember. I just know I gave it 5/10.

I'm glad the books arrived on the date expected. Now, if only the £72 and £45 auctions also would hurry up and arrive...

I can see they were really well cared for. I always leave small marks on the spine of books after reading them and I can barely notice signs of used on them.

No wonder you have such high standards with regards to conservation of books and stuff.

I'm always careful not to crease spines when reading manga, and I started putting some of my books in (much too large) comic bags awhile back. That's why it seriously bugs me when I receive 'new' books in worse condition than, say, the Rozen Maiden books I got second-hand.

...I'm too lazy to dust/clean more often than not, mind you.

Off-topic: It seems my Gundam Wing parcel has been delivered to Vision Express. It ain't my problem if another optician likes Gundam!

I hope you know more about 'Mosses' than is in the bible, Chaos.

Also, Rui has revealed to me that I was wrong all this time: his real name is Rich; not Roy!

clipboard07t.jpg

Dang, I didn't change my writing style enough. What did I buy?

R (I don't think I've ever said TTFN in my life, even sarcastically)

I don't even know what 'TTFN' means. I just assumed he was thanking me for being a good person.

You won (and paid for) Ranma. And you may have forgotten this, but you were most pleased with my Maison Ikkoku rambling in the distant past, Richard.

...OH! I KNOW HOW TO GET THE TRUTH OUT!!!! If you don't come clean within 24 hours, I will reveal your true name to the entire world. (I'd also like a PM response, FYI.)

I don't even know what 'TTFN' means. I just assumed he was thanking me for being a good person.

You won (and paid for) Ranma. And you may have forgotten this, but you were most pleased with my Maison Ikkoku rambling in the distant past, Richard.

I believe it is short for "Ta ta for now!"; something a little more upbeat and perky than I am given to saying.

I wonder what I'll do with my third copy of Ranma. I own it all in English and in Japanese already and even have some duplicate volumes! Perhaps I'll make a funky wall design this time by cutting the art up in place of posters. It can be a shrine to Ms Takahashi.

And yeah, I owe you a message. Just thinking about one of the things on it lazily. In my last life I may have been a snail.

R

...You own all of Ranma, x2? That must suck. I was glad to get rid of my seven books. Me not like Takahashi when she's writing/drawing very silly, 'circular' manga. She annoys me at times.

How come you never bid on any of my ****, anyhow? Do you seriously own all of it already?

I'm interested to see how far I can push this message exchange on by making you feel guilty every time you don't respond. Social science is fun!

How come you never bid on any of my ****, anyhow? Do you seriously own all of it already?

I'm interested to see how far I can push this message exchange on by making you feel guilty every time you don't respond. Social science is fun!

I like Ranma. I picked up the Japanese version on my first ever trip to Japan. All of it. It was a pain to pack, since I'd also bought other things. Fond memories of tankoubon stuffed in every spare gap in my family's luggage...

It's so difficult not to answer direct questions! My PM sitting there I can avoid since I know it's in a safe place and waiting for me, but this thread might be lost in the sea of time very quickly if I don't chirp up quickly.

I'd gladly bid on your stuff, but yeah, I have everything from there I want. I operate a whitelist when it comes to anime and don't tend to impulse buy. And unfortunately I'm quite caught up on R1/manga, so there's very little on my shopping list at the moment that isn't new and shiny.

R

Do you actually read/speak Japanese, or are you just one of those Wapanese people who collects things they understand not? I *think* you told me you speak the lingo many moons ago...

When you next go to Japan, see if you can get me volumes 10-20 of Life and smuggle them back through customs for me. No joke - I WANT IT! Manga sells for cheap in Japan, and I'm a cheap kind of guy.

I'm pretty much done in terms of buying without doing any research/watching a little, too. It's fun fun trying to sell 1-5/10 anime, or duplicates. Having good taste/not 10ing everything like a retarded retard makes life very difficult for me...

I recommend you bid on Shootfighter due to it being funny without intending to be and including every shounen fault. The lead even looks like Naruto.

Some person canceled his bid for my Black Cat DVDs, by the way. I don't like him anymore.

Bastard: I want your Heroic Legend of Arslan. I want it so bad I will sell my e-body to you. It's like the real body only you imagine it.

I might also want your Patlabor 1 & 2 set, maybe. But DEFINITELY Arslan.

Now, here is the question that's holding me back (apart from the fact I don't have an ebay account...). It says Region 0 - does that mean it's a bootleg?

Hello, my love. I thought you were struggling to survive on £10 per week?... Oh well, idc as long as you pay me, and leave me (...POSITIVE!) feedback. I was actually going to say I'd be nice(r) to you if you paid me, but I didn't want to blackmail you. Y'see, I'm a sweetheart, really.

Read my description, or this: It's R0 because some of US Manga Corps' releases were. It IS the official R1 release, and unlike the re-release it has the JP track included.

If you doubt me, search for it on eBay.com and see that the cover of my set matches with other, R1 sets. I don't lie, like.

<3,

Aion

I AM struggling to survive on 10 pounds a week. I didn't say I was necessarily sensible about it.

I'm going to think about it. Just bought Ouran yesterday, and bought Robotech a month ago. I knew one day my addiction to this crap would spill out into financial cost.

...I really would be nice(r) to you if you took my Arslan set off my hands, btw. I don't want to have to relist it and go to the PO again a week after the first auction ends. I'd even put my address on the back of the package so you could find me. (<3)

It's an AMAZING anime, and that's exactly why I'm selling. I'm SURE you'd be thrilled to bits with it!

...I really would be nice(r) to you if you took my Arslan set off my hands, btw. I don't want to have to relist it and go to the PO again a week after the first auction ends. I'd even put my address on the back of the package so you could find me. (<3)

It's an AMAZING anime, and that's exactly why I'm selling. I'm SURE you'd be thrilled to bits with it!

I know it's an amazing anime. It's Legend of the Galactic Heroes... but with swords! And no middle or ending, but that's just nitpicking. Why do you think I'm highly tempted to brave extreme poverty for it. Look, just gimme a day to sleep on it. As it is, I actually am no longer able to afford the plane ticket home. Lol. And that's not an exaggeration.

chaos said:
VivisQueen said:
As it is, I actually am no longer able to afford the plane ticket home. Lol. And that's not an exaggeration.
Hitchhike?

Oh yeah I forgot about that! If I just stand at the end of the bridge crossing the Atlantic...

By the way, Bastard, if you were happy to hold Arslan for 6-7 months for me, I could buy it when I get back to the UK. As it is now, I have nil cash to spend.

Back