Adult Swim UK to be on Bravo on July 8

preferbly Eureka 7 and kenshin :)

Edit: done a bit of research on it and most of the rumours report us getting the same lineup as australlia has (eventually)

current Aus line up is as follows

Mondays

10:30pm: Ghost in the Shell: SAC
11:00pm: Fullmetal Alelchmist(sp?)
11:30pm: 10:30 rerun of SAC
12:00am: 11:00 rerun of FA

Tuesdays to Thursdays

10:30pm: Gundam Seed
11:00pm: Fullmetal Alechmist(sp?)
11:30pm: 10:30 rerun of GS
12:00am: 11:00 rerun of FA

Fridays

10:30pm: Space Ghost Coast to Coast
10:45pm: Aqua Teen Hunger Force
11:00pm: Sealab 2021
11:15pm: Harvey Birdman
11:30pm: Space ghost 10:30 repeat
11:45pm: ATHF 10:30 repeat
12:00am: Sealab 11:00 repeat
12:15am: HB:AAL 11:15 repeat

Saturdays

10:30pm: The Venture Brothers
11:00pm: Aqua Teen Hunger Force
11:15pm: Brak Show
11:30pm: Space Ghost Coast to Coast
11:45pm: Sealab 2021
12:00am: VB 10:30 repeat
12:30am: Aqua Teen 11:00 repeat
12:45am: Brak Show 11:15 repeat
1:00am: SGC2C 11:30 repeat
1:15am: Sealab 11:45 repeat

With Rapture apparently saying they only have rights for 1 showing of FMA it wouldn't surprise me at all

also this news has apparently been known since April 18th with an advert during Futurama (which i think i may of seen a bit of but brushed it off as nonsence)

Brilliant news if it is true.

Only thing though is that you have to have Sky... again...

And everything they show is cut (has anyone seen the cut-list on ANN for NGE?). Even at the bloody late times they show it -.-

I only watched Bravo for some re-runs of Xena - despite having all of it on DVD, now I'll have two reasons to watch Bravo!

Hopefully they'll put on some anime if the rumours prove true, doesn't matter what as long as it's good. More anime on TV? Who would have thought? :D

I think Adult Swim is being sold to Bravo as a brand or franchise and stuff like Sealab comes directly under that banner. Unfortunately, anime is often 3rd party so basically, I assume it won't be included in the Adult Swim package. I could be wrong, but this is just how I figured it may be.

Strange. I always thought that Adult Swim was a Cartoon Network exclusive thing, but I guess not.

In any case, I've only got freeview so I guess this doesn't really affect me anyway. I'll stick to the DVD's (sorry, but I really think the sub of SAC is a lot better than the dub) anyway.

Paul said:
I think Adult Swim is being sold to Bravo as a brand or franchise and stuff like Sealab comes directly under that banner. Unfortunately, anime is often 3rd party so basically, I assume it won't be included in the Adult Swim package. I could be wrong, but this is just how I figured it may be.
We could get "The Big O" - but then, that would mean Adult Swim would actually have to notice the show exists...

They could bring on Big O though, seriously. Then we could have Roger Smith and his giant robot on UK TV again...

Neon-Noir said:
They could bring on Big O though, seriously. Then we could have Roger Smith and his giant robot on UK TV again...
You say Roger Smith but all I hear is Spike Spiegel.

I'll still watch Adult Swim, show support for anime which may come. D;

EDIT: OH, what's this, on Wikipedia: In the UK, Adult Swim shows including Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Brak Show, Space Ghost: Coast to Coast, The Ripping Friends, Outlaw Star, and Cowboy Bebop were shown on CNX. However, all these shows were dropped when CNX became Toonami with only one other Adult Swim show, The Big O appearing (and subsequently disappearing) since.

It better not be lying. :/

Hope that some anime is shown, not that I've got the channel myself or anything, but that's not the point!

Inu Yasha was on Adult Swim in America, right? Coincidence that it just popped up for UK release as well? Dunno... :?

subedii said:
WTFDaveMustaine said:
Neon-Noir said:
You say Roger Smith but all I hear is Spike Spiegel.
And all I see is Batman. :lol:
Lies, it's all lies. Whatever intertextual references you may or may not have picked up are all lies. The Big O is the only anime out there which has not been influenced by any before it - and it certainly wouldn't use a voice actor who has done work on another show... and you thought that in this post-modern age it was impossible...

Seriously though, The Big O was never gonna be a hit when it was shown in the UK on a station with an audience spoon-fed Static Shock and MegasXLR (or whatever) in between their daily Pokemon marathon... It'd be like putting Eva on the Disney Channel...

Well I've got the majority of the Adult Swim comedy shows on dvd now anyway (Aqua Teen, Harvey Birdman etc) but its nice to see these great shows will be showing in the UK. Presumalby the deal is only for the "William Street" original shows and not any of the buy-ins, the closet will get to anime is Perfect Hair Forever, which is a hilarious anime parody.

Eva on the Disney Channel would be a mega-hit! BAM!

How about Bible Black on CITV?

Meh, I don't care about what anime is on Adult Swim, but only IF it does have anime.

i happy if this is just the us animated comedies which it probably will be ,if we do get any anime it will be the comedy ones which fit in with the other adult swim comedy we probably wont be gettting the adult swim action shows.

Back