A little help here, folks?

Daedalus668

Dandy Guy, in Space
Well, I'm considering joining the dark side.

And by that, I mean buying a PS2.
Now, I have a big-ass list of games I would -like- to play. But I can survive perfectly well without most of them. They are:

Kingdom Hearts
Soul Calibur 3
Dynasty Warriors 4 Extreme Legends
DW4 Empires
Samurai Warriors XL (why yes, Koei are pure awesome)
GITS: Stand Alone Complex
Some RPG or another I forget the name of
Final Fantasy 9/X/X-2 (possibly)

Anyway, the point of my post is, why should I (or should I not) procure a console that I hold (as personal opinion, mind you) to be composed of pure suck and evil?

Enlighten me, people. And don't post games that are already available on the 'Box, as chances are if I want that game I already own it anyway ;)

Or, if one of you happens to be aware of a PS2 emulator for X-Box, please let me know :p As that would solve the vast majority of my problems.

Daedalus668 said:
Final Fantasy 9/X/X-2 (possibly)
My well documented FFX/2 hate hereby declares that if you really want to play FF9 (the one game above actually worth playing), you should just buy a Playstation One. Or get ePSXe for your PC or something.

In all honesty, I've always felt my PS2 to be a total waste of money. All the (few) games I got round to buying were of a varying degree of disappointment. I'm sure someone far more positive will post after me though :)

And I doubt anyone has made a PS2 emulator for X-Box yet. The one promising PC emulator is years away from completion.

There is nothing wrong with getting a PS2. It has a wide range of games to even satisfy kupo's demands, if she dared to go beyond the dreaded FPS! :p

I have a Xbox and a PS2 - just depends on the games you want! I like them both equally as they have good games. Console loyalty is a lot of rubbish, if Final Fantasy joined the Xbox exclusively - I'm sure their sales would triple.

kupoartist said:
I'm sure someone far more positive will post after me though
After all that bashing, it's not hard to do. :wink:

The questions you should be asking is: "What genres of games do I like?" because not one console is more 'evilier' than another. PS2 has it's advantages just like everything else.
________
Michigan Medical Marijuana Dispensaries

I like the PS2, but I have an X-box. The consoles themselves only really bother me when you see good games out for the others. I wouldn't mind having some decent RPGs for the X-box, but it seems to be stuck in a more action type of slot, so that's what I have to get.

I think more and more games are becoming multi-platform, and if you really want to play others, maybe waiting a bit for the 3rd gen sony might be an idea (although it'll cost a lot more), or the PS2 when it drops in price after the release.

neptune2venus said:
There is nothing wrong with getting a PS2. It has a wide range of games to even satisfy kupo's demands, if she dared to go beyond the dreaded FPS! :p
Well, now you mention it there really isn't much on it if you're into FPS... but the thing was, PS2 was kind of responsible for killing my interest in RPGs and making me stick to the dependableness of shooting stuff.

I did want to check out Disgaea, La Pucelle Tactics and Phantom Brave though. I quite like strategy roleplaying games. Looks like amazon only sell La Pucelle now though :/

And We Love Katamari is coming Feburary \o/ My PS2 has to stay home with my TV-Card though (no TV licence). Guess I'll have to trick the PS2 owning guy next door into buying it and letting me play 24/7...

Well neptune2venus has pretty much summed up my view on this, so I'll <a href="http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php?d=20050205" target="_blank">contribute this</a> for amusement purposes.

hmm...neptune makes good reasons there. i have all three next-gen consoles..and really..it depends what genre's of games, and length of games you like..i mean, playstation has some of the longest games out there, while GCN has average length games but with the likes of great titles as Legend of Zelda. I would say go for it...buy a PS2, they ain't evil and they don't really suck that much..except i am sure people really take it too far to say it is better than the other two..cause they are all just as good as each other IMO

Stand Alone Complex is a lot of fun by the way. I don't play games much but it's one of the first games i've been bothered to finish for a while. Hella fun. It also has a good stand alone story which is kinda rare for games based on tv shows.

Bluedragon said:
is everyone forgetting that the ps2 can actualy play all ps1 games
not forgetting that at all...but if you want to play platinum versions of PS games..then you'd better have a plain PSX handy, cause PS2 doesn't play PSX platinum games

I have to tell few thing...

XBox is microsoft... Many (almost all) of the games that are developed for it are developed even for PC... (Example: Fable, Sudeki, KOTOR saga...) And the PC version is much better 'cause you can download patches and other stuff... And really for Xbox there was no one license of asian games... (So, no Gundam stuff, no Final Fantasy stuff except for wew things...)

PS2 maybe can be less advanced on hardware, but had more team developing games that all other consolles...

not totally...microsoft have recently been given the oppertunity to have games such as Final Fantasy on it...so the no license thing is not true any more..it has Final Fantasy, Dead or Alive...and so on...so i would say that the likes of Square-Enix have taken interest in the Xbox projects.
Ps2 has a couple of bits of hardware not as great as that of the Xbox...the graphics cards for example..but i would say that graphics don't make a game

Arbalest said:
Bluedragon said:
is everyone forgetting that the ps2 can actualy play all ps1 games
not forgetting that at all...but if you want to play platinum versions of PS games..then you'd better have a plain PSX handy, cause PS2 doesn't play PSX platinum games
Mine plays platinum games fine (well, I only have FFVII and FFVIII in platinum). All the same, just about everyone has a PC good enough to run a PS1 emulator, so having a PS2 solely for its PS1 game-play capability is more than a little bit of a waste of money. Plus, modding a PS2 to play import PS1 games is a hell of a lot more expensive and problematic than using a swap disk on the oldtype PS1, or simply playing it through an emulator....

get Dynasty Worriors 4 aswell as XL because you cant do as much with out it and its pritty good by its self anyway :D

Altho Metal Gear Solid 2 has a weird n complicated storyline (which im am understanding now) it is still fun to play and it has the japinase eliment in it which i love!

fatandy said:
Altho Metal Gear Solid 2 has a weird n complicated storyline (which im am understanding now) it is still fun to play and it has the japinase eliment in it which i love!
I never got past the first part. I have too much fun shooting people the the dart gun thing. ^-^

Ive got to agree with you that Koei are awesome. No matter how many people i kill i just dont get bored of it. Did anyone play the origional fighting game Dynasty Warriors, im so glad they reinvented the game with dynasty warriors 2.

Back