A few suggestions.

right had a quick look at phpbbhacks and there are a few mods out there for sub-forums on phpbb

while i dislike the idea of a forum per anime series, like Animesuki, i don't see the harm of having subforums for thinks like "currently airing, Streaming, UK Released ect ect, it would make it a little more tidy, we'll have to see what chaos says though

and that would still be there, i'm not suggesting disposing of that part, it would be for discussion about certain series and such, some people don't want to go into a thread filled with spoilers

Rui said:
At the moment though if anything we need to merge a couple (I know I know, I'll find time one day).

And this has now been done.

Music is now with movies/TV as we have been saying we'll look at doing for ages, and the AMV section has been split between Creative and Media depending on whether the videos posted were made by the poster or not. If I've put anyone's post in the wrong place please drop me a PM and it will get moved.

R

Rui said:
Rui said:
At the moment though if anything we need to merge a couple (I know I know, I'll find time one day).

Music is now with movies/TV as we have been saying we'll look at doing for ages, and the AMV section has been split between Creative and Media depending on whether the videos posted were made by the poster or not. If I've put anyone's post in the wrong place please drop me a PM and it will get moved.

R
About damn time. :p

Kirrimir said:
stuart-says-yes said:
Well if you've ran forum's before and you don't particularly like the layout of this one , why not go and run you own forum thats better than this one

i'm lazy.
I Like your honesty =)

stuart-says-yes said:
Then don't bother complaining
Well, that's what lazy people do, no? Criticize instead of taking action? :p
Seriously though. The suggestion was noted, but as others pointed, there is little forum activity to justify creating a thread for each airing anime, at least for now. WRT the future, I have no idea, whatsoever - I've considered more than once migrating the forum software, but like Kirrimir, i'm too lazy.

Ryo Chan said:
The thing about the forum is it's all links together with the site, so any major changes like that would probually mean a complete re-coding
The reason I'm lazy... :p
This site was inherited from Paul, while I have the power to do anything I wanted, I always find myself short of time, will or knowledge to make these changes.
The next big thing to be worked on this forum is actually migrating to a newer version of PHPBB and then, maybe a design / layout revamp.

Rui said:
Rui said:

R
Looks good thanks. I was secretly hoping you would do that :p

chaos said:
...but like Kirrimir, i'm too lazy.
Gutz!
chaos said:
... I always find myself short of time, will or knowledge to make these changes.
GUTZ!
chaos said:
Rui said:

R
GUTZ, DESU!!!
Cammon, Chaos! You dont need violins and a sad-story theme to sort yourself out. Just do what you can, when you can and motivate yourself. (Otherwise, saying "I'm lazy" is gonna peeve off some of the troops through this lack of will. Caretakers take care of things!) :p

Chaz said:
chaos said:
...but like Kirrimir, i'm too lazy.
Gutz!
chaos said:
... I always find myself short of time, will or knowledge to make these changes.
GUTZ!
chaos said:
Rui said:

R
GUTZ, DESU!!!
Cammon, Chaos! You dont need violins and a sad-story theme to sort yourself out. Just do what you can, when you can and motivate yourself. (Otherwise, saying "I'm lazy" is gonna peeve off some of the troops through this lack of will. Caretakers take care of things!) :p
I'm a drama queen, you didn't notice this before? :p

Edit: Just realized you assumed my lack of time / will / knowledge is a complaint, when it's not really true. It's just self criticism.
Anyone can make time for the things like like / care about, my lack of knowledge can be fixed by studying the code and my lack of will is because I'm keeping myself too busy with other things, such as going out or even watching anime. ;)

But sometimes I wished that AUKN was my full time job though.

The thing is, really, I don't want Chaos constantly meddling with AUKN. We all got here and everything he could do would be unnecessary and more than likely make the quieter people on the forums feel more alien to it. There's not many people asking for updates, like one or two depending on the time of day but I think its really perfectly fine as it is.

Making the site nicer (subjective) is not necessarily going to attract crowds of hundreds.

Jayme said:
Making the site nicer (subjective) is not necessarily going to attract crowds of hundreds.
I like changing the way it looks from time to time. The newer version of phpBB allows for more cool stuff to be added to the website, that's why I wanted t ogive that a try. Some improvements on other areas as security and perfomance are included.

Yeah, go for it then, but I was basically trying to say its fine if you don't do anything. You've sorted out the connection/error issues, so I'm good as is. :p

Back