A few suggestions.

Kirrimir

Adventurer
As some people may know i just joined and i have a few suggestions as to the site layout.

What i propose is that you have, in the General Anime Discussion board, Sub-boards or Child-topics or whatever phpBB calls them for the currently Airing series'.

like this:

(click for full size, taken from animesuki forums)

It's a tried and tested design which most forums use and it is popular amongst forum goers.

in these sub topic/board/whatevers you would post anything specific to that series be it artwork, a character discussion thread or anything else.

that's my 2pence about the site. Don't get me wrong, i like the site hence why i signed up i just feel it would be more 'efficient' to talk about certain Anime this way.

That would be fine for a bustling forum like AnimeSuki, but there's not enough activity here. This place is more of a casual hang out for UK anime fans than a hive of activity where hardcore fans discuss the latest shows.

although you have a point, the anime community in the UK is still growing and will continue to so maybe a thought for the future if not now?

If we ever get enough posts on one anime we'll give it its own section. At the moment though if anything we need to merge a couple (I know I know, I'll find time one day).

Even Naruto and other mega popular shows can only manage one or two threads here at the moment. Feel free to post like a maniac and inspire everyone!

R

Kirrimir said:
although you have a point, the anime community in the UK is still growing and will continue to so maybe a thought for the future if not now?

Well, anime aint cheap, and people still dont have a tonne of cash. I dunno how much it's likely to grow... Plus there aren't any good new shows coming out.

Last good new show that aired recently was 07 Ghost.

I'm currently watching all the new series' online except from Cobra (horrible animation style imo), Fairy Tail and Nodame Cantabile finale and i will say this, I'm enjoying them all thoroughly. You don't need a tonne of cash to watch anime.

Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu
Chu-Bra!
Dance in the Vampire bund.
Durarara
Hanamaru Youchien.
Katanagatari.
Ladies vs Butlers.
Omamori Himari
Ookami Kakushi.
Seikon no Qwaser (directors uncut, too much censoring in webcast)
So Ra No Wo To
ToAru kagaku no Railgun.

stuart-says-yes said:
Is that permission to go and spam to our hearts content :lol:
No

Kirrimir said:
Is that permission to go and spam to our hearts content :lol:

It sounded like a challenge to be honest :twisted:
Please ignore stuart. He's a nice chap when he's sober. (which is rare)
;)

stuart-says-yes said:
If its any constellation a new naruto episode came out to day
and Cobra and Durarara (can't mind what else was on crunchy roll :lol: )
Constellation? isn't ist supposed to be consolation?

stuart-says-yes said:
Chun Li said:
Kirrimir said:
You don't need a tonne of cash to watch Crunchyroll legally.

Fixed ;)

Fixed :p
Even better now. :p

Damn that animation style.

Also, I much prefer this. I tend to avoid forums where there's so much clutter like that. That isn't PhpBB either meaning chaos would have to transfer everything the **** over, which isn't exactly great.

ok no need to bad mouth other peoples suggestions, this is a free country after all.

The thing about the forum is it's all links together with the site, so any major changes like that would probually mean a complete re-coding

Back