£70 FOR A GAME!!!

They say that the blu-ray is copy proof, I don't know whether this is true or whether they just put it to make people think it is. Even if it is people always find a way round it. What is the real difference in these blu-ray disks then? Isn't it a bit risky trying something new (not as risky as the revolution controller though- I mean come on It looks like a remote control and a dildo!)

If I make any errors feel free to point them out, I can't be affording to lose marks on tests for grammar issues.

Well as i said above..the only real difference i have spotted with them so far is that they use blue lasers instead and allows 11x more data storage..but thats it..the revolution controller is a good idea..if you have it on its side..if you look closely..its just an original NES controller with the extra bits on it..and its meant to be a good idea..and i agree with that..it does look like it could do well..

Ryo Chan said:
why when the 360 is 250 and 50 a game for just a good gameplay
The components used in the PS3 are more considerably more expensive than those in the X360. They're reputed to be more powerful, but that may just be Sony Fluff. The most important factor is Blue Ray vs DVD: DVD drives have been in production for years and by volume are a lot cheaper. Mass production of Blue Ray drives has barely begun and there's the fact that it's superior tech that makes it all considerably more expensive. Just consider that you can pick up a DVD player for £30 whilst the first Blu-ray drives will cost you just short of £700.

This same principle may apply to many other components in the machine if the 360 has components that are in whole or part available in the PC hardware market, which is likely when Microsoft are that much more entrenched in PC gaming than Sony are. Plus I can somehow imagine PS3 has taken longer to develop, I mean the Cell processor has been public knowledge since shortly after the PS2 was released, whilst the 360's components weren't really known for ages and are that much more down to earth. That all swallows one hell'u'va big R&D budget on Sony's side. (edit: by extension I mean. R&D was mostly IBM, but Sony will have to pay for IBM's losses eventually)

It's no secret Sony will struggle with the finanical side of the PS3's launch. Why else would they be delaying until November?

edit: the simultaneous worldwide launch will help things a bit though, because they can manufacture loads of machines at once and make some savings.

edit: the simultaneous worldwide launch will help things a bit though, because they can manufacture loads of machines at once and make some savings.

they said that about the PSP and look how well they kept that promise

If games become that expensive (or just $ony bumping up the price because it's Blu-Ray.) They can forget my money! I would never pay that much for one game. The early adopters of consoles must be rolling in money however, because it's practically 100% assured that the PS3 will sell out and of course the uber expensive games as well.

I doubt that the PS3 will be released here in 2006 - but if it is - expect extreme shortages and eBay prices of £600+! Meanwhile I keep collecting my PS2/PS1 games. I have plenty to keep me going to 2008 and beyond! :wink:

I just tend to stick with:

a) 2nd hand stores

b) indie releases (usually cheaper)

c) budget releases, and otherwise

d) buying behind the curve

Of course, I'm primarily a PC gamer (don't own a console at all) so this is easier for me, especially when it comes to buying indie games (Mutant Storm, Crimsonland etc. I'd get Shadowgrounds, but that's not downloadable. Hope it goes for a decent prices when it hits the UK shops).

mikeormy said:
They say that the blu-ray is copy proof, I don't know whether this is true or whether they just put it to make people think it is.

Nothing is copy proof. NOTHING. There will always be someone as smart as the Sony madscience-boffins and able to crack Blu-Ray, at least once the technology becomes commercially available. It'll be exactly like the boom of copied PC games once CD-burners became available *pats his knock-off of Quake 2, now sadly unplayable*

I remember back in 92 when SNES games were £60 new some were more :( so for games to be comming out at £35-£40 atm is a improvement and i bet the prices will drop sooner or later.

Personally, I think peiople will pay the money for the games. Prices used to be about that, I n the hight of the N64 and PSX, People payed them then, they'll pay them now.

Im willing to bet that, when Halo 3 eventually arrives, even if it retailed at £70+ not many people would even take a second look, and it would still end up being a best seller..

The point im trying to make is, there are certain people who dont care about game prices, as long is they can get their mitts on their favourite titles. Hell, I can also see a surge in XBox 360 sales as soon as Halo 3 hits the shelves..

t0ffe3m4n^ said:
Im willing to bet that, when Halo 3 eventually arrives, even if it retailed at £70+ not many people would even take a second look, and it would still end up being a best seller..

The point im trying to make is, there are certain people who dont care about game prices, as long is they can get their mitts on their favourite titles. Hell, I can also see a surge in XBox 360 sales as soon as Halo 3 hits the shelves..

That's true I guess. People will pay vast ammounts of money for titles from their favorite series'. a friend of mine recently paid £180 for a copy of the Original "Final Fantasy".

Back