£70 FOR A GAME!!!

mikeormy

Dandy Guy, in Space
I heard a rumour today whilst I was in Gamestation (Still on my quest to find Final Fantasy VII cheaper than £25). Anyway one of the guys that worked there said that the PS3 games will retail at £60-70. Something abot Blueray probably. I personally believe £50 is too much for a game and have been pleased with the drop in prices of games over the years. Ill be damned if they going to charge that for one game. Any thoughts...

£60-70 :? , they really don't want to sell much do they? :lol: , i agree, the price fall of games has been good over the past few months, but when the Xbox 360 was released there was a slight rise again seeing 360 games costing from around £40-50..its still pretty high but i do think some of the games are worth that price..no game though is worth higher than that.

I remeber the days that a N64 games were £50 and that was a while ago. Prices of everything else have dropped (apart from house prices and booze). They can't expect us to pay over £300 for the console and then expensive games aswell. The thing that bugs me is that people will still buy them, just because its Sony!

Yeah...N64 prices were HUGE...I seem to remember Turok being £60+.

Even if the talk about these big PS3 game prices are true, it's pretty much guaranteed it'll sell shedloads on pre-order and make the headlines on Newsround.

If a console gets promoted and hyped enough, people will buy it no matter how much it is, even though you'll be able to get it with two games, a memory card and a free microwave in two months.

If people are willing to splash out big money on games, Sony may as well try and get as much money as possible for them...I guess if people are spending a few hundred quid on a system, another 60 or two won't really make that much difference.

It's like buying a new Gillette razor with a blade included for £4, then realising a pack blades costs £8.50...people get attracted to the established brand name, so they'll fork out the big money to get the extra stuff they need.

What! Thats way to much I dont care how good a game is I would never pay that much for it :shock: with prices like that I can see there being alot of people buying copy's. An as I recall thats the last thing the big game companys want people to do as they dont get the mula, so all in all great idea on the prices :roll: im sure they will make big profits (if every was actually willing to pay for a 60-70 pound game)

Disco Machine said:
Even if the talk about these big PS3 game prices are true, it's pretty much guaranteed it'll sell shedloads on pre-order and make the headlines on Newsround.

Not if they charge £60-70 for one game they won't. Remember that a lot of Playstation users are, erm, dependent on parental benevolence to get their gaming fix. I'm pretty sure that a lot of folk would balk at paying that much in one go for a game that little Timmy could feasibly finish in a week of sustained playing.

Found this on gamespot:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/06/28 ... 28295.html

It shows that Sony are having a bit of financial problems with the production of the console. If theyre going to lose a lot of money then it would make sense that the games would go up in price.
Not really they would most likely lose more money because as Daedalus668 pointed out not everyone can afford those kinda prices (not that many people would want to pay them either) its been proven before that if they made the games cheap enough that they would sell more of them an generally make a profit. Like I said before when they have games around high prices alot of people just go pfft ill get a copy its the game only cheaper an hence they lose money you would think they would learn.

I would personally never buy a copied game, I just feel as though its ripping off all the people that put lots of effort into the game. If everyone bought copies of games then the games industry would collapse.

(side note): 'a lot' is two words- I get it all the time from my English teacher at college, you also don't want to spell 'grammar' with an 'e' in front of him. Sorry for pointing it out, I'm sure it was just a typing error.

hmm...i do remember Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask being sold for £99...lol that was someone trying to sell Used/new though..mind you someone was bound to buy it seing as it was the gold cartidge..erm..anyways the thing about Sony is that they should have thought about what they where doing with the PS3...yes it was probably a good idea at the time but if its going to case financial difficulties in the long run then maybe they should have really thought more on it..Blu-ray BD-rom is a nice touch..but maybe a bit pricy.

Yeah I to would never bother buying copied games (I like the new smell when you open the booklet that comes with it :) ) but I sadly know a lot of people who would be more than happy to if they didn't have a lot of ready cash available to them. Or well will have to see what happens I guess 8)

P.s Thanks for correcting my grammar I put it to use :) ... Hope I didn't make any more errors :?

Depends on how cheap they market the PS3 for. If you want the console for below £400, you're going to have to put up with a £60-£70 price point on the games.

Depends on how cheap they market the PS3 for. If you want the console for below £400, you're going to have to put up with a £60-£70 price point on the games.

why when the 360 is 250 and 50 a game for just a good gameplay

Sony are using Blu-ray Discs and they cost more than normal discs so the games cost more than those that we get on the Xbox 360 and probably the revolution as well...and i still thought the 360 was around £280?

only £280 if u buy it with the HDD

and apart from copy protection i really see no real advantage of the blue-ray

if its not broke don't fix it

Apart from the fact that Blu-ray discs are meant to have copyright protection and that they store 11 times more than a normal DVD..i agree i don't see the need or advantage of Blue-ray

Back