6 New BEEZ DVD dated (including New Anime Legend sets!)

Neferpitou

Stand User
<strong>26-07-2010</strong>

<strong>Anime Legends Gundam Wing Part 1</strong>
RRP &pound;24.99

<strong>Sword Of The Stranger (re-release)</strong>
RRP &pound;9.99&nbsp;

<strong>23-08-2010</strong>

<strong>Anime Legends Gundam Wing Part 2</strong>
RRP &pound;24.99

<strong>Code Geass R2 Set 2</strong>
RRP &pound;34.99

<strong>27-09-2010</strong>

<strong>Anime Legends Escaflowne </strong>
RRP &pound;24.99&nbsp;

<strong>Hack Gu Trilogy</strong>
RRP &pound;17.99&nbsp;
<a href="http://hmv.com/hmvweb/comingSoon.do?ctx=-1;5;68;-1;2&pGroupID=5&pSubGroupID=2&pGenreID=68&pTertiaryID=-1&primaryID=5&subPrimaryID=2&secondaryID=68&tertiaryID=-1">Source</a>

I'd be lying if I said I'm not interested. I've been told Gundam wing is good so I might as well give it a shot!

Yay affordable Gundam Wing :D

I Love Beez at the moment. It's funny, before this year I never ever picked up a Beez release, and this year a good majority of my pick ups are from Beez.

YEAH! GUNDAM WING!

-Ahem!-

Good to see this getting dusted off. Any word as to which version it is? The bog standard or remastered edition? Does Endless Waltz factor into it at all?

Oh, and Kippy - be sure to watch it subbed as opposed to dubbed. The dub is as 'meh' as anything concievably has a right to be.

The one that really has my interest here, though, is the Sword Of The Stranger re-release. I'm all over that!

BAKA said:

I Love Beez at the moment. It's funny, before this year I never ever picked up a Beez release, and this year a good majority of my pick ups are from Beez.

Funny, but this goes for me too. Beez have ratcheted up in my estimation this year.

I still have a few concerns about quality control, and I'd REALLY like to see them bring something to the UK that hasn't previously been here, like the complete Zeta Gundam series, or Outlaw Star. But make no mistake - this company are doing things very right with the Anime Legends line!

Honourable mention: Wolf's Rain - best anime series I've seen since GITS: SAC. And I'd never have checked it out if not for the budget re-release.

HdE said:
YEAH! GUNDAM WING!

-Ahem!-

Good to see this getting dusted off. Any word as to which version it is? The bog standard or remastered edition? Does Endless Waltz factor into it at all?

Not sure which BEEZ version of Gundam Wing its is but I assume they would chose the better remastered version as it does'nt really make sense to release a lower quality version. It bests to ask BEEZ andrew on the forum or Send twit on twitter regrading the matter.

It looks unlikely that Endless Waltz will be included as HMV list the two box set with 5 Disc each which it the same number of discs of either BEEZ pervious Gundam Wing releases which were just of the series.

I'll be after the .hack one, been a while since they announced they had it so am glad to see it's finally on the way. :)

May invest in these Gundam Wing sets since my Region 1s have seen better days (i lent them to a friend....i never made that mistake again), the escaflowne set will be handy as well...as would the .Hack set, thank god i've got a job to pay for all this.

Sailor Moon and Akira have been there for ages and don't have prices, dates or even a studio listed; so they should probably be taken with a tablespoon or two of salt.

Escaflowne is a probable buy for me. Already have the Wing box and SotS on Blu-ray. Geass I'm still waiting until hell freezes over for the BDs.

HdE said:
BAKA said:

Funny, but this goes for me too. Beez have ratcheted up in my estimation this year.

I still have a few concerns about quality control, and I'd REALLY like to see them bring something to the UK that hasn't previously been here, like the complete Zeta Gundam series, or Outlaw Star. But make no mistake - this company are doing things very right with the Anime Legends line!

Haha exactly the same here, never bought from them till CG came out and now they're generating a lot of stuff that I like

Someone's going to have to explain to me why Escaflowne is so beloved by so many people. I've never seen anything of it apart from a handful of trailers on R1 imports. It didn't really look like my kind of show, but the almost universal praise I see for it online has made me curious about it.

I hated Escaflowne when I originally tried to watch it (the main characters annoy me). I tried again a long time later and managed to finish it, and it did get better later on. The later fantasy and politics worked quite well. It had been spoilered to death though from the VHS fansub era for me.

From this batch just Geass for me, because I have everything else! Good to see it's coming out though. Sad that Gundam 00's R2 release seems to have stalled for now.

Running to preorder the Geass too and jump on the bandwagon since that is a decent price.

R

Back