5 Other ISP's Issue Warnings to Illegal Music Downloaders

So the industery is not gaining as much money cuz every1 downloads it..........u see the problem here The record industery used to sell millions before the advent of download u used to have to sell 300.000 copys to get to number 1 now u only have to sell about 20.000

The industery is going to lose a billion ponds over the next 5 years because of ILLEGEL THATS STEALING downloads

ppl can make all the excuses they want it is stealing

Kireek said:
So the industery is not gaining as much money cuz every1 downloads it..........u see the problem here The record industery used to sell millions before the advent of download u used to have to sell 300.000 copys to get to number 1 now u only have to sell about 20.000

The industery is going to lose a billion ponds over the next 5 years because of ILLEGEL THATS STEALING downloads

ppl can make all the excuses they want it is stealing

As I just pointed out. Its actually sharing. And either way you see it, what kinda stuff gets in the charts anyway?? Anyone can be in the charts whether they can sing or not. You still hear that albums go Gold and Platinum and sell MILLIONS. Cause they do. GOOD albums will still sell. Its **** that loses out. And also as I said THEY MAKE THIER MONEY BACK AND MORE ON MERCHANDISE. Do you get that?? Think I only listen to Megadeth cause I downloaded em, does that mean I wont go to see em live? Does that mean I wont buy thier tee's? OF COURSE NOT. It means I WANT too more because I know I owe them!!

How many times do I have to say the whole music industery is going to lose a billion pounds over the next 5 years?

Did u not hear on the news the word ILLEGAL being said several times???

Stealing equels illegal read news. why do u think 5 internet companys and the whole music industery is trying to stop illegal???

How can that family on the news come out and say yes we have stole 400 songs without paying £2 off each song off LEGAL websites.

Kireek said:
How many times do I have to say the whole music industery is going to lose a billion pounds over the next 5 years?

In record sales, yes. But they will make that billion back in merchandise and tickets to see the band at gigs. Duh.

Did u not hear on the news the word ILLEGAL being said several times???

Kireek said:
Stealing equels illegal read news. why do u think 5 internet companys and the whole music industery is trying to stop illegal???

Yes I saw the thing on the news. Also if you notice I started the thread and posted the link because I read it first!! Stealing is illegal, yes. However, as I said, it is merely sharing over torrents.

Kireek said:
How can that family on the news come out and say yes we have stole 400 songs without paying £2 off each song off LEGAL websites.

A working class family. You say £2 a song, thats £800. A lot of money for a working class family. Not everyone can afford it, considering half the songs on the album could be tripe.

Kireek said:
And its quite good to get banned from a site such as CR
No it's not. You think you're fighting for a just cause, but all you're doing is making yourself look like a thug and making the situation worse.

No-one's going to listen to the rantings and ravings of some random person pushing a moral agenda down their throat.

£2 a song over a period of time spyro every1 used to do it in the 90s when the net wasnt really around. There are people downloading from illegal sites without paying a single penny to the music industery and the yseem to think that is allright? How is that allright??

And i keep telling u the music industery as a whole will not make a billion back from merchendise and ticketing

Im guessing u have I dunno a 100 songs on ur computer and u havnt paid for any of them.........do u think that is allright yourself??

EDIT

I cant be botherd now ill leave this last post up anyway

Kireek said:
£2 a song over a period of time spyro every1 used to do it in the 90s when the net wasnt really around. There are people downloading from illegal sites without paying a single penny to the music industery and the yseem to think that is allright? How is that allright??

And i keep telling u the music industery as a whole will not make a billion back from merchendise and ticketing

Im guessing u have I dunno a 100 songs on ur computer and u havnt paid for any of them.........do u think that is allright yourself??

EDIT

I cant be botherd now ill leave this last post up anyway

Let's not start pointing fingers at each other over "who's been stealing music".The argument is basically going into the "is it right to steal a loaf of bread" territory, in which there are two types of people;one of which can afford the bread but simply does not want to pay for it, the other is stealing the loaf of bread because they cannot afford it and don't want to starve.It can be broken down into this;if you can afford to pay for your music you should in order to support the industry.But what Illegal downloaders need to understand is that if no-one paid for their music and just downloaded it for free without supporting the industry,it would cause a great deal of damage to the music industry itself.

Kireek said:

In the 90s people used tapes for the same thing. They'd buy the album tape it and sell on copies for a lower price. If anything worse than what is being done now as they were making profit from it.

Kireek said:

But my friend, you are ignorant, wrong and refuse to face the facts.

Kireek said:

You guess dramatically under. I download discography's as there are more seeders on them :lol: Plus dad downloads his music. As I said, if I like the album, I go on to buy it, if I dont, I delete it. However at £10-£15 an album, I cant always afford to, so I just buy the tee. Works best for everyone. I get badass music to listen to,a badass tee to wear and the band still get the money they deserve, and NOT the fat cats of the music industry/ (Im sure that more money goes to the BAND from Merchandise than does from the CD. Dont quote me on it though. And lets face it, its the band who deserve the money, not the fat cats.)
[/quote]

melonpan said:
Unless O2 are affiliated with anyone on that list, Be There should be just fine and dandy. (O2 bought Be There)

Do you download anything?? (Anime/Music)
Do you get special offers for having your mobile with O2??

:) Thanks.

Thats fine u delete it but I have to say that family on the news saying there was basically nothing wrong with them downloading music themselves and not paying a single penny out themselves was a bit of a joke.

Anyway enuff

Spyro201 said:

I very rarely download fansubs, and I download music if I find it on a random website. I'm done with P2P.

No special offers as far as I know.

melonpan said:
Spyro201 said:

I very rarely download fansubs, and I download music if I find it on a random website. I'm done with P2P.

No special offers as far as I know.

Knowing that I download enough, do you think I should be cool with it??

I seriously doubt that doing so wouldn't hurt their business maybe even drive everyone to the smaller ISP's that won't join this bandwagon....

Gates: Stolen's a strong word. It's copyrighted content that the owner wasn't paid for. So yes.

The Internet's biggest social failure has been that it has served as enabling technology for rampant cheating and theft - and the rationalization of it. The Internet makes stealing so easy that most people don't even think about it.

Bill Gates' comments would appear to be a case in point. You can hear the wheels turning as Gates thinks through the reality of his actions before finally admitting that he has indeed downloaded and consumed copyrighted content.

Kireek said:
Gates: Stolen's a strong word. It's copyrighted content that the owner wasn't paid for. So yes.

The Internet's biggest social failure has been that it has served as enabling technology for rampant cheating and theft - and the rationalization of it. The Internet makes stealing so easy that most people don't even think about it.

Bill Gates' comments would appear to be a case in point. You can hear the wheels turning as Gates thinks through the reality of his actions before finally admitting that he has indeed downloaded and consumed copyrighted content.

The way you go on about this, you'd swear YOU lost millions from this... Seriously, just take it easy. You've lost this argument anyway.

Eh nah man im not argueing anymore im just qoating what Bill gates said and well hes right and well hes done it himself cuz its just to easy for people and people just dont see anything wrong with it nowdays cuz they have been doing it for so long..........Am I one a few people left who doesnt dowload en mass.

Kireek said:
Eh nah man im not argueing anymore im just qoating what Bill gates said and well hes right and well hes done it himself cuz its just to easy for people and people just dont see anything wrong with it nowdays cuz they have been doing it for so long..........Am I one a few people left who doesnt dowload en mass.

Its the modern way. As you said. Sure it may not be right but heck, theres worse in the world. The way you can murder someone, plead guilty, and be let out early for good behaviour, resulting in a pretty short sentance. That bugs me more. Concentrate on the worse things in life man.

The funny thing about it is Bill Gates as u know woud be able to buy an entire music company but himself and many people arounf the world are so used to dowloading nowdays that they dont realize they were doing wrong so I guess it kind of aint there fault I just happen to be one of the few who doesnt like dowloading.

PS what u mean there is worse things out there???? THIS IS LIKE WORSE THAN GOLBAL WARMING!!! MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH :D

Back