4 new Beez licences

Dave said:
JohnC said:
Durial666 said:
Why does it suck? Manga will release sometime here in the near future. It IS coming to the UK.
The schedule on this very site has it down for 4th August.
http://www.animeuknews.net/schedule.php

http://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/8855942079

There's the source I used to confirm the date of release but things often change as seen with summer wars date change.
Isn't that a 12 ep series not 11, did they not license the last one or something.

Just because America don't have Durarara doesn't mean we can't get it. Or does it not work like that?

Take a look at how many sub only relases we get here, no American release = no dub = no UK release.

Reaper gI said:
Just because America don't have Durarara doesn't mean we can't get it. Or does it not work like that?

Take a look at how many sub only relases we get here, no American release = no dub = no UK release.

Okay that makes sense. Shame we can't dub it ourselves.

Judging from this speculation, I shall keep my ears open for any UC Gundam news of relevance to those who don't own Blu-ray players (such as myself).

Of course, I usually keep my ears open anyway, save for occasions when I fail to apply earbuds with adequate rigour. However, mole rats can close their ears at will, so there do exist creatures for whom the act of keeping ears open makes a salient difference from the norm. Then again, their ears would fill with soil if they were to try this. I digress.

Reaper gI said:
Dave said:
JohnC said:
Durial666 said:
Why does it suck? Manga will release sometime here in the near future. It IS coming to the UK.
The schedule on this very site has it down for 4th August.
http://www.animeuknews.net/schedule.php

http://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/8855942079

There's the source I used to confirm the date of release but things often change as seen with summer wars date change.
Isn't that a 12 ep series not 11, did they not license the last one or something.

Manga Entertainment latter changed this and said they have licensed 14 episodes for the series. I don't get it myself as can only find 13 episode listing for the series (1 DVD only episode).

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... oku-basara

Reaper gI said:

BEEZ release of Gunbuster 2 was Japanese only and had 6 episodes. But it still very unlikely that many titles will make it over here without English voice overs.

I think #3 is most likely Outlaw Star, I hope it goes straight to Anime Legends

Although, about #4, they could be releasing Durarara!! and they're dubbing it themselves because they said..
"One of them you certainly won't guess either and marks the beginning of something new!"
...so its Durarara!! and they're dubbing it themselves, or it's Baccano! and the "something new" means they're releasing Funimation stuff.

For the first two i'll go gundam as well, possibly two of the OVAs, although i wouldn't be surprised if one of them was Gundam 00 S2 (i would laugh if it was S2 and them announcing the early acquisition of Gundam 00: A Wakening of Trail Blazer) If they were going off the wall with sub only releases in the Anime Legends price range i would kill for either V, Turn A or X, or even the SD Gundam releases (apart from SD Force, that can go and burn in hell with SEED Destiny)

As for the others, i'll go with Dave on Outlaw Star, i know its been asked about a bit on here. With title #4 though i would say its either a license off a company that isn't bandai (possible GaoGaiGar? very very unlikely but i can dream...) or its there attempt to produce a dub. In which case i would back Durarara!! Seems likely

If we don't get one of Turn A, X or Victory ion the West before the end of next year, I WILL EAT a MAJOR CELEBRITY!

And we all know how HdE likes to make good on his promises, right?

I reckon the announcement will be 00 series 2, which needs to happen. I'm in two minds over whether it could be Unicorn, but technically we already know we're getting that...

I hope one of the first ones will be 00 S2 and hopefully not the movie unless they release super quick like te are with Unicorn which I think is really cool because we don't need to wait ^^ I do hope it's another of the Gundam titles, not caring which. We can't have enough Gundam, me especially because my toddler loves it and it saves me having to watch children's tv =D

As for number 3, I have no clue. I havn't been keeping an eye on what people have been asking for from Beez so I can't guess. It i nice that we are going t get one of the older wanted titles.

As for no.4, everyone is throwing out Baccano and Drrr and I stand by that. The qestion is which 0_o It makes sence tat it wou be Baccano because of the dub ect but I don't think it would sell as good as Drrr. Also it's safe to say no one would expect them to release it straight as subbed or dubbing it themselves. Wouldn't Beez save money geting he license straight from Japan rather from America? I know I would buy it without a dubn in a heartbeat.Also America is now releasing stuff more commonly without a dub now it saves costs. Something tells us we will be holding our breath till the weekend.

Didn't Beez mention a little while ago that they had acquired something that didn't yet have an American license? I wonder if this is related to #4.

BAKA said:
Didn't Beez mention a little while ago that they had acquired something that didn't yet have an American license? I wonder if this is related to #4.
Aww, I'm leaning over to Durarara!! now.
Do you have a source for this?

Paradox295 said:
BAKA said:
Aww, I'm leaning over to Durarara!! now.
Do you have a source for this?

From Beez's Twitter feed all the way back in March! Click the BeezEnt for direct links to each tweet.

BeezEnt
Our Head of Acquisitions is laughing at his desk, he seems to have acquired another license he likes...more on this post Tokyo Anime Fair!

BeezEnt
He's a big meanie though and won't say anything 'til he's signed them in blood, ink or whatever they do these things in! All he does say is

BeezEnt
...this one hasn't been licensed, or announced, for the USA yet. We'll start some guessing games in April/May no doubt!

Actually wasn't there another mention on twitter around then that what he'd picked up didn't begin with B?

Definitely thinking Durarara!!, this could be interesting.

Edit : Found it sounds like Durarara!! and he was after grabbing Baccano too.

It's worth mentioning, just to throw it in there with all the theories and discussion, that Manga Entertainment replied to someone on Twitter asking what are the chances of a Baccano license with "The chances are bloody good actually".

It would seem a little strange for Manga Entertainment to tease regarding a license belonging to another distributor, and Manga having it would also slot alongside the Beez quote above.

Although..
How will Beez produce this dub?
Wouldn't Funimation be also dubbing the series?
How much would it cost? DVDs of shows dubbed by other companies cost around £30, a DVD of a show dubbed by Beez themselves would cost a lot more

Durarara would be cool, but keep in mind that Gundam X and Turn A also don't have a US licence strictly speaking.

Though, and It does surprise me that I'm saying this, it being Durarara looks far more likely.

<notSerious>I will hunt Andrew down if it turns out to be Super Milk Chan, though.</notSerious>

Back