4 new Beez licences

Durial666 said:
Manga have the rights to Sengoku Basara and Eureka Seven movie.

Didn't know that, that sucks cause i rather liked sengoku basara but awell cheers anyways, still leaves the 07 Ghost posibility though. However knowing me im probably wrong XD

Durial666 said:
Why does it suck? Manga will release sometime here in the near future. It IS coming to the UK.

I cool in which case thats awesome :) sorry i thought it was one of those cases with manga such as with d.gray-man when the usa release is like a year and a bit ahead of the uk release.

chaos said:
ok, that excludes Lucky star then. Full Metal Panic: second raid is 5 years old, but the original was a license from ADV, so I guess this could be excluded as well.
FMP Second Raid is a Kadokawa joint (though at this point, they're dead to rights as a US company so it might be Funi who have it) and ADV are deader than dead and Zombie ADV (Section 34 or whatever) have no call to the FMP licence with FMP and FMP Fummfou having been transferred rather decisively to Funi a couple of months back for the sake of BD release.

Sounds good, i do reckon one will definately be Gundam 00 S2

As for the secret 4th license, the clue is there. The only recent new series i can find by one of the directors of Super Milk Chan is Durarara (Omori Takahiro is the Animation Director i think?)

1 and 2 could be Haruhi series too, the chan/san recently licenced in the states and then the second series, just throwing it out there.

edit: though just remember the non-school series...but I dunno if I'd class (oh ho!) Haruhi as a school series predominantly.

Durial666 said:
Manga have the rights to Sengoku Basara and Eureka Seven movie.

That'll be two sales for me then!

Sengoku Basara looks mighty intriguing. I don't presently own any anime like that, so I'll be watching with interest.

JohnC said:
Durial666 said:
Why does it suck? Manga will release sometime here in the near future. It IS coming to the UK.
The schedule on this very site has it down for 4th August.
http://www.animeuknews.net/schedule.php

http://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/8855942079

There's the source I used to confirm the date of release but things often change as seen with summer wars date change.

Regarding the 4 licenses to be announced my bets are:

Gundam Zeta Movies
Gundam 00 Season 2
Outlaw Star
Baccano!

Fudce said:
my guesses are:

Haruhi Season 2
ZZ Gundam
Gankoutsouou
Durarara

I second Durarara! Would be so awesome if we get it!

I have no idea what we might get. Just gotta sit and wait I guess, but guessing is fun!

Would like 07-ghost or Kuroshitsuji. More Gundam would be cool since I have yet to watch any lol.
Very unlikely but I would love the Nodame Cantabile anime.

Seems likely that it's either Baccano or Durarara. I'm leaning towards Baccano as it would appear that Manga, who usually distribute Funimation shows, have passed on it. Durarara hasn't yet been licensed by anyone for release in the US, though one imagines it's only a matter of time.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Seems likely that it's either Baccano or Durarara. I'm leaning towards Baccano as it would appear that Manga, who usually distribute Funimation shows, have passed on it. Durarara hasn't yet been licensed for the US, though one imagines it's only a matter of time.

Just because America don't have Durarara doesn't mean we can't get it. Or does it not work like that?

kippy666 said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Seems likely that it's either Baccano or Durarara. I'm leaning towards Baccano as it would appear that Manga, who usually distribute Funimation shows, have passed on it. Durarara hasn't yet been licensed for the US, though one imagines it's only a matter of time.

Just because America don't have Durarara doesn't mean we can't get it. Or does it not work like that?

Things don't sell as well in the UK without a dub generally. So a dub is needed, and none of the distribution companies can afford the costs of dubbing a series. So all the UK companies have to wait for an American company to produce a dub which they can use.

Back