3DS Warning: Could cause eye-damage

Jaymii said:
Are there any game analysers/critical gamers as opposed to simply reviewing? I know The AV Club have a game section, but I mainly use that site for their (terrific) television analyse. I would hope it continues over to the game stuff. IGN, as a whole, never has particularly nice writing. It's not bad, just merely acceptable.

Re: the opinions, it's always best to go for individuals I find. Don't mind whether they paid for it or not.
It's not about the quality of the writing though. Like I said, consumer opinion matters to me more.

memorium said:
For being complete morons

Care to link one of their news articles that demonstrates this? If you disagree with reviews that's a totally different side of IGN. As Maxon said; he prefers consumer reviews to the likes of IGN's. That's fair. I can't see how they are moronic from their news posts though...

They are sensationalist, just like Kotaku and so many other video game news site out there, because they are desperate for page hits.

They also tend to use phrases like "epic win" in again, appealing to the clichéd male gamer. I don't mind Kotaku stuff though, they are perhaps a bit misleading but overall, I don't mind the Gawker net; they have a decent crossover between official publication and fans. I'm still not a fan of the redesign...

I am on about their review/preview side Godot, which is the main reason why I visit a gaming site, I find that they are largely ignorant of their heritage as gamers.

It's all about Game Revolution on my end, been my trusted site for at least 8 years.

IGN has evolved from a gaming site though. The news section on my iPhone is dominated by TV and comic book stuff. You basically said it yourself.

Back