2015 AUKN Character Battle: NOMINATIONS CLOSED

Re: 2015 AUKN Character Battle: NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN

Hmm what the hell i'll bite. Just got to put it all together...

edit: done. Only made 3 nominations though, rather than 5, no point being greedy *smile*

Re: 2015 AUKN Character Battle: NOMINATIONS WILL CLOSE SAT 4

Ryo Chan said:
Wait? what's this doing back?

Am i still getting royalties for it :D

Pretty sure the statute of limitations expired a while ago there :)

Ok, I'm going to say that the nominations will close on Saturday 4th April at 11:59pm. The more the merrier so if you still haven't voted please get to the form :)

R

Talk about last minute! Ok, nominations are now closed. Due to some other things coming up I'm not sure when I'll remember to compile the lists but please give me a nudge in this thread if I haven't done it by next week >_<

R

Ok I tidied things up a little and as I make it we have a total of 36 unique female characters of which 3 auto-qualify. A total of 41 unique male characters were nominated of which 5 auto-qualify. We didn't have that many nominations so there you go :D

Options (keeping the numbers simple unless anyone wants to suggest a complicated match format - looking at you, sports fans):

1. We run a mixed gender royal rumble and have 64 contenders. I'll trim the lists down with some quickfire elimination votes on the forum if needed for the characters who ranked lowest.
2. We split by gender and have 32 contenders for each crown, then the winners can duke it out at the end. This is basically exactly the same as option #1 except for the way the stragglers will be weeded out.
3. We include everyone and I'll pick out some previous years' nominees (or just random popular characters in general?) to swell the numbers. 64 characters per gender category, lots of voting.
4. We include everyone who was nominated and nobody else, and arrange the matches in some complicated way that works with the rankings from the nomination round determining who has to go up for more rounds. Or who will be in a round with two rivals instead of the usual head-to-head.

Two of the auto-qualifying characters received more than two votes in total (one male, one female). Let's see how they do - I will attempt to spread the popular characters fairly, though you'd probably be surprised to see which characters got the most nominations.

R

While I suspect that some of us have no problems with openly voting for dubious reasons, I'm happy with that suggestion (it makes it less annoying to keep track of another thing). Not sure why they were split by gender to begin with since I wasn't here for the start!

If everyone is happy with it (and by everyone I mean the group of people who actually see this post and respond before I impulsively make a decision) we could go with everyone who received a vote, and just have three characters in some of the early rounds to clear out the extras. The characters in the three-person rounds would be those who only received one 'fifth choice' vote where possible since they're going to have to fight extra hard to compete with the others.

R

I suspect that some of us have no problems with openly voting for dubious reasons
*raises hand*

Option one does seem like the most egalitarian. Although sports teams are usually gender segregated, so I don't know whether the final result might end up being very skewed in favour of one gender if we do it this way. I guess we'll find out.

I'm kinda surprised there are more male than female characters, I don't feel so bad about my unequal split in the other direction now. Though after the show I've just been watching I do feel a little bad about not nominating one male character in particular and I'm not sure anyone else did either, so I sort of want to go with option three to see if Rui picks him.

Doesn't matter to me, I know exactly what the results will be - None of my nominees will get through the 1st round. XD

However, do you have the funds to support a well-deserved trophy for the winner, as well as a prize (cash, holiday - whatever) for the lucky character? And what about a parade?! Is there a "AUKN Character Battle" app to download to keep up-to-date with the results?
Am I the only one who is thinking about the (non)potential of the contest and any (non)limitations?

And I think we need to make each match unique - Costume matches, Over-the-top-rope eliminations, DDR duels, Multiple vs, handicap matches, tag teams, races, strongman/woman contests... (etc, etc.)

You don't think this is to much to demand - do you guys? :D
(I'll try to vote - if it's a week-per-battle, it should be easy)

I think the characters are just doing it for the thrill of competition and uh, the glory of knowing we all love them. If you want to add plot twists to each round be my guest :D

I drew up the list of matches a while ago so I have one question for people before we start: do you want to know the entire tournament setup at the start or have each new match be a surprise?

R

Rena Ryuugu said:
Each match being a surprise sounds really fun :)
Agreed - It leaves less chance for anyone trying to sabotage the fights. We don't want anyone getting "injured" just before the fight, eh? (Tactics, right ayase? *wink, wink*) And if they do, you can just change the schedule until they recover in the infirmary.

How did you obtain my game plan Chaz? Someone will be round to break your le... I mean for an intensive pre-match training session later.

Back