2015 AUKN Character Battle: NOMINATIONS CLOSED

Re: 2015 AUKN Character Battle: NOMINATIONS NOW OPEN

I don't think most people look in this board. I wouldn't have done if I hadn't happened to see the other thread when it was an announcement.

Stick the character battle at the top of every board along with the rules maybe?

Edit: Or perhaps that just made things worse... Come on AUKN, this is a chance to wax lyrical about your favourite characters, encourage others to check out the shows featuring them AND have a bit of competitive fun.

Completed the form. I dislike how slow the thingy is turning. Worried it will timeout for me before it submits. Evil IE lol.

Thanks all, got yours -Danielle- so don't worry :)

I think we have the first auto-qualifying warrior with more than one vote now! Will sort it out properly later on when I'm free. Still need more nominations so if anyone stumbles upon this post, please go right ahead and submit your favourites!

R

Good stuff guys, I think we have four auto-qualifying combatants now :D

Hmm, maybe I should list just those nominees so that new voters cast their nets wider? Will see how things go. Keeping it 100% secret is fun too.

I can say that of the auto-qualifying characters from the previous event ( viewtopic.php?f=29&t=11661 ), only a tiny, tiny handful have been voted up so far this time. Though part of that is due to changing tastes over time :)

R

The hour is late but I've managed to fill in my form after two hours of writing, deleting, then re-writing. I've never been very good with words so my character descriptions are probably lacking, but I think they should get the point across. I'm looking forward to the battles proper :)

So far we have 57 different characters nominated (26 male, 31 female), of which 4 auto-qualify (2 male, 2 female). A single character holds the current record with 3 nominations - I wonder whether his/her success will carry across to the actual battles.

Hopefully we'll get some more nominations in the next few days :)

R

I pinched my descriptions from the wiki's of each character otherwise I'd of just put "they're awesome!" everywhere hehe.

I was meant to go look at my anime yesterday for a more comprehensive idea of who I could vote for that I like but forgot so two are meh lol. I voted 3 guys and 2 girls. I had to change 1 of the girls otherwise I'd of chosen 3 characters from the same anime. I'm totally biased hehehe.

-Danielle- said:
I pinched my descriptions from the wiki's of each character.

I did the same! I'm glad I wasn't the only one lazy enough to do that.

I wrote most of my nominations as if the character themselves were speaking. I had too much fun.

OMG!

I never thought I would see the day. :D

Will definitely submit a form some time this week.

How long are you giving until nominations close? :)

Attention Newbies! This would be a great intro to the forum and us guys if you participate. Oldies, lets get this party started and vote!

-Danielle- said:
How long are you giving until nominations close? :)

Hmm, just counted up the totals and assuming I haven't made any mistakes we're at...

64 unique characters (29 male, 35 female), of which 7 auto-qualify (4 male, 3 female). The record is still 3 nominations for a single character.

I think we could use a few more sets of nominations before considering closing the voting (unless we want to merge the male/female tournaments or pillage popular characters from previous years, in which case we potentially have enough people). The list is getting nicely diverse but I'd like to see even more people contributing :D

R

Back