2011 New Years - Plans and Resolutions

1. Review movies and anime and get videos of these reviews up on Youtube or somewhere else
2. Start an anime and manga society at uni.
3. Have a more healthy lifestyle

hmm

1. Draw more this year i really have slacked back....
2. To not by so many anime figures and buy more anime/manga -im so behind but figures are so pretty- ~sniff sniff~
3. Buy more artbooks -need to stop the above to help with this-

Zin5ki said:
Genkina Hito said:
3. Pass my driving test

5. Leave the country
Will your licence be valid in your destination country of choice?

A very interesting question.

Since the people in the country I wish to go to drive on the left (the savages!) I assumed I would have to retake both the written and practical tests.

Upon a quick search it seems like some provinces accept a UK licence.

Anyway, hopefully I can pass my test and then drive around the UK and then maybe even Japan 8) .

ilmaestro said:
Piggy-backing on the end of this thread - what was or will be people's first anime viewing of the New Year?

Er, I'm still in the middle of Cross Game (YES YES YES), Bubblegum Crisis, Touch, Fairy Tail and others. Most likely next new anime I'll watch will be My Neighbours the Yamadas, which concludes my attempt to watch the four key Isao Takahata movies, and the first manga I'll read is Mitsuru Adachi's Short Program. Both are in the post from amazon as we speak.

As of yesterday, finished my nth rewatch of Shuffle, but I want to watch Kiba sometime soon. (Stares at Ryo...)
Probably something on Crunchy Roll though (Fairy Tail/Naruto/Bleach etc.)

ilmaestro said:
Piggy-backing on the end of this thread - what was or will be people's first anime viewing of the New Year?
It would probably be Black Lagoon as i'm still partway through that, i have a ton of shows that i haven't had time to watch lately and i highly doubt it anytime soon what with exams comming up

Genkina Hito said:
2. Get a short story published
Oh, another author here.
Good luck there and you might want to talk to Sarah for a few tips.

Genkina Hito said:
3. Pass my driving test
5. Leave the country
I have to take a few practice classes as well, before attempting the test. I know how to drive, but there's likely to be "tricks" to pass the test, possibly related to vices you acquire after leaving driving school. And I've was successful about leaving my country of origin. Mind if I ask where you want to move to?

Zin5ki said:
Will your licence be valid in your destination country of choice?
For tourism, a UK license should be valid in most countries and should be simple enough to change the license, as well. The british exams are one of the toughest ones to pass, according to some friends who have taken the exam here and elsewhere.

VivisQueen said:
Thanks for the tips, chaos! I shall be checking out those sites.
You're welcome. Traveling and exploring are two of the best things in life, IMHO.
This year the plans are to go back home to see family and go to Honk Kong. Really looking forward to both of these.

As for my New Year's resolutions:
1 - quit smoking for good
2 - getting a UK driver license
3 - travel more
4 - save more money
5 - do more volunteer work

I said to myself that it was going to be some high-calibre film, but now I've just realised that I watched Panty & Stocking yesterday.

Back