2011 New Years - Plans and Resolutions

Chaz

Chuunibyou
Well, I thought I'd set this up, since I haven't done anything since the server host change (and that wierd "hello" page.)

So, simply put - it's just a place to talk about New Years in general. I thought resolutions and plans for the day were a decent start to kick-jump the discussion (although Idont mind talks about "Do we need to celebrate it?" and other random thoughts).

As for me, my resolution - To become a Pokemon Master! V ^_^
Got both HeartGold and SoulSilver for some reason at Xmas (I only asked for one! lol) so I'm spending some good time on them. I plan on collecting all the pokemon and beating the Elite 4 etc...

On the day of Eve though, I'm just gonna buy some snacks/drinks for me and Ryo (got £45 voucher for Booths, so some will be weekly stuff, with some spoils). Then stay up, get jolly and probably marathon a series or such.

Step up, lads and lasses.

Dude, please don't catch me. I may be rare and all but I can't be contained.

Not sure what I'm doing on the actual eve, but on the eve's eve I'm going to see Tron Legacy and a Scott Pilgrim Q&A showing with Edgar Wright. That'll probably be more fun than the actual day.

Also, my resolution will just be, like always, I suppose, to learn more things. This might be the year I finally get into something like comic books -- or even anime again, in a big way. We'll see. Yes, its not learning in the traditional rocket science sense, but I prefer this way for some reason.

To get into Uni, express my true feelings and self more, and to introduce myself to even more fantastic music, alongside improving my abilities as a musician.

That's the aim, anyway...

1) Buy one anime/manga every month (extra points if it replaces something I already watched fansubbed)

2) Visit at least 3 major German cities (I need to learn to explore the countries I'm in a bit more)

3) And another secret one.

Next year? i honestly have no idea whatsoever. I guess the only one coming to mind straight away is get through my honors degree without too much stress, though that ain't gonna happen. No real idea bar that, every year ends up roughly the same at the moment anyways.

I'll figure something out, or you can for me!....yeah tis fine i won't expect you to.

Arbalest said:
Next year? i honestly have no idea whatsoever. I guess the only one coming to mind straight away is get through my honors degree without too much stress, though that ain't gonna happen. No real idea bar that, every year ends up roughly the same at the moment anyways.

I'll figure something out, or you can for me!....yeah tis fine i won't expect you to.

good job it's not english Honour, cause i'd fail you for ameicanising it ^^

Foul play, Willowing Wisp. One should seize the opportunity to change mannerisms at will, enjoying a similar liberty as that of the serpentine beasts who shed skins.

Indeed, I myself am no stranger to such practices. Exempli gratia, I may take the pleasure of posting such irrelevances as the following picture:
1291223571260.jpg

Elsewhere, I may not exhibit attitudes quite so aloof. Huzzah!

I only have two personalities. Baseball cap on backwards, and baseball cap on forwards. Baseball cap at a jaunty angle is just to confuse people.

He Character changes to Amulet Heart

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZNhR8vWVzAU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZNhR8vWVzAU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Moe moe KYYYUUUNN!

Quote everyone who posted in a topic when I reply to it.

All things here seems doable, as most resolutions are, yet not easily achievable. Best of luck there everyone.

Kirrimir said:
To get through my **** theory test... hate studying.
Driving theory test? Good luck, it's not really difficult. I studied with a cd with loads of mock questions, never really read the highway code, just trained replying to the questions in the CD. I knew about the signage before though, as I have a license (which is not valid in the UK)

ilmaestro said:
"learn to play the piano".
Stuart-says-yes said:
My aims for next year is to get a second book shelf and fill it with manga and also to learn to play chords together smoothly on guitar.
Do it! Playing a musical instrument is awesome and I find it very rewarding and relaxing.

VivisQueen said:
1) Buy one anime/manga every month (extra points if it replaces something I already watched fansubbed)
Wow, that's commitment! To actually have anime in your NY resolutions... ;)

VivisQueen said:
2) Visit at least 3 major German cities (I need to learn to explore the countries I'm in a bit more)
Go to Munchen during oktoberfest it's amazing. Hoffbrauhaus has the most delicious pork knee I've ever had and that thing is huge, almost the size of my head.
Berlim has a club which opens on Wednesday and closes Sunday. It's known as the best club in Europe, which is worth a visit, if you're into these sort of things.
Anyway, tripadvisor and couchsurfing are great to get tips of things to do in different countries and cities. I highly recommend them.

ayase said:
Other than that, to at least find something / someone I enjoy doing.
LOL. Nicely put. =)

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
**** Fo FFS **** you guys
*hugs* Thought you'd need that.

Zin5ki said:
Elsewhere, I may not exhibit attitudes quite so aloof. Huzzah!
(o.0)
You really scared me this time...

1. Make an AMV (lots if possible)
2. Get a short story published
3. Pass my driving test
4. See Arcade Fire live (Because I missed them a couple of weeks ago and my heart has yet to recover - Listening to No Cars Go right now).
5. Leave the country

My new year's resolution is to actually do my school work/studies, as this is is probably my most important as far as education is concerned, and to hone my guitar and piano skills further

Back