20 new anime trailers

I can't wait to finally see Death Note - but the best trailer is by far and away for Black Lagoon. The first season was fantastic in a very Hellsing-ish gleeful violence kind of way and the second season should be just as good.

meh just shows ppls tastes, out of the ones u mention i only want to see 1 of them yet i have 7 shows i want to see

Ayakashi Ayashi
Busou Renkin
CODE GEASS Hangayaku no Lelouch
Kekkaishi
Pumpkin Scissors
Soukou no Strain
Super Robot Taisen OG ~Divine Wars~

on a side note TY paul for finding the trailers, u've saved me so much time :D

D.Gray-man is the only thing I fancy, although Ayakashi Ayashi looks interesting, but a little too short (trailer) to glean if it's something I'd enjoy!
Trailers aren't always the best way to decide what anime to watch, as they're often as bad as DVD trailers in giving very little information and only snippets of the "good" bits!!

I plan on giving most series a fair chance; based on the trailers and / or other information I'm really excited about:

Ayakashi Ayashi (Studio BONES equals default win)
Black Lagoon
Death Note
Red Garden

These are ones I'm slightly interested in. I'm going to be busy then!

Bartender
Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto
Black Blood Brothers
Busou Renkin
Code Geass - Hangyaku no Lelouch
D.Gray-man
Ghost Hunt
Hataraki Man
Kekkashi
Pumpkin Scissors
Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge

"Bartender" sounds like the dullest concept ever, so it must have something going for it!

harkins said:
Paul said:
- but the best trailer is by far and away for Black Lagoon.

Seconded!!

But the thing is how long must I wait to see the first series? And how have you managed to see it?

Thirded!
I really enjoyed the first series and cant wait to see Revy back in action.

Paul said:
Ayakashi Ayashi (Studio BONES equals default win)

Studio BONES havent put a foot wrong yet :D.

First impressions based purely on the trailers:

Asatte no Houkou: Looks sweet enough but the moe quota could be too much for me to stomach.

Ayakashi Ayashi: An historical-looking effort, which could be a nice change. Reminds me to check out Otogi Zoshi on DVD asap.

Black Blood Brothers: Screams "Style over substance!" but I have to admit it does have style. The 80s guitar solo and vampiric overtones win bonus points in my book.

Black Lagoon: The Second Barrage: Tough guys! Tough gals! Guns! More guns! Why did I miss the first season? I won't be making the same mistake twice.

Busou Renkin: A bit too 'swords and sorcery' for my liking...the sakura blossoms don't bode well either. Still undecided.

Code Geass: It has mecha, which is a good sign. It has CLAMP's name in the opening titles. Possibly very good.

D.Gray Man: I concur that this looks darned cool.

Death Note: Top of the list. I don't even need to look at the trailer - I already know this is going to be excellent.

Ghost Hunt: I prefer realism and science fiction over the supernatural - there probably won't be room for this in my viewing schedule.

Kanon Prelude: I'm not keen on the cutesy character designs but the slcie of life genre often leaves me pleasantly surprised once I get into the story.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn!: Not my thing AT ALL. Sorry.

Kekkaishi: See above.

Negima: Doesn't look like my thing either, but I enjoyed the Love Hina manga. Possibly good.

Pumpkin Scissors: Dark, angsty, military. I'll try that one first.

Red Garden: Hard to say what the storyline will be but it certainly looks good. Then there's Gonzo's notoriously mixed track record to consider...cautiously optimistic.

Soukou no Strain: CGI looks a little overpowering but this was the studio that made Crest of the Stars iirc. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for how it turns out.

Super Robot Taisen OG ~Divine Wars~: More mecha! I'll give it a shot sometime on that reason alone.

The Galaxy Railways 2nd Season: Since I never saw the first season I don't think it'll be worth my while. Visually though it looks pretty interesting.

Venus Versus Virus: Nice imagery but it looks a little to 'style over substance'-ish for my liking.

Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge: Could be good for a laugh. Possibly.

In summary, Black Lagoon, Pumpkin Scissors, Red Garden and Ayakashi Ayashi will probably be the only ones I'll actually have the time to watch. It goes without saying that Death Note will make my world go round all over again of course, but combined with my lethal cocktail of DVDs, full time work and part time uni studies there won't be enough hours in the day for any more!

Bartender looks very interesting to me and I think I will have a look at it.

Death Note looks strong.

From what I have seen from Negima!? It looks like one of the best series this year. Trust me have a look at it :D The animations are out of this world!

shh227 said:
From what I have seen from Negima!? It looks like one of the best series this year. Trust me have a look at it :D The animations are out of this world!
I found the anime adaption of Negima to be rather.... sucky. I like the manga but the anime was just bad.

I love the look of the psychotic kids in Black Lagoon 2 and the characters in pumpkin scissors look good from the trailer (have first ep but not had a chance to watch it yet).

Code Geass also looks like it might be a good army/mech anime by Clamp, I likes Gunparade March (orchestra was good until about ep9)

Busou-Renkin also looks like it might be promising, I love the huge swords in it

I've read the manga, and I'm telling you, it's an alchemy weapon, though it is sort of sword shaped.

EDIT: It's a lance, though he can use it as a sword.

I found the anime adaption of Negima to be rather.... sucky. I like the manga but the anime was just bad.

I liked the manga too but when xebix made the anime it sucked. The animation was poor and the story was slashed.

When I herad that they were just gonna make a spin off of the show it was like "what the hell are you doing?"

But after I saw the show it seem fine to me. Maybe it was because of the animations or because I prefer them dueling (like Harry Potter) lol

There's a lot of hype around death note, but from what I've seen so far it seems to be justified, very gripping stuff.

Aside from that Black Blood brothers seems ok, but I just can't get into D.Gray man. Maybe its the misplaced comedy elements or perhaps the wierd Akuma designs, either way I don't rate it.

Back