The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Looks like Daft Punks Interstella 5555 is getting a new release according to a recent rating on the BBFC website.

Hopefully it will get a 4K release to show off those designs by Leiji Matsumoto.

Here's hoping it's a good release - the previous blu ray had some problems. Interstella5555/readme.md at main · sttng/Interstella5555

I'm still optimistic it'll be good but that's not a good trailer.
Guessing they didn't have any of that Fallout money left because this looks low budget as hell to the point I was genuinely thinking it was a fan made trailer.....

Scifier are closing their rewards scheme on 20th August. I'm not sure if something else will take it's place or if you need to use your points by then.

I haven't used SciFier in a while. I knew they were going a bit downhill when when they reduced the amount of points you received from purchases and their 10% off everything codes went down to 5%.

Their prices are still good, but they can take ages to despatch orders as they bring in most of their books to order. I'm getting all my manga from Forbidden Planet now, it's a couple quid more, but I've honestly never received a book in bad condition from them. Whereas, I've had some tatty books every now and then from SciFier in the past, that I returned.

I haven't used SciFier in a while. I knew they were going a bit downhill when when they reduced the amount of points you received from purchases and their 10% off everything codes went down to 5%.

Their prices are still good, but they can take ages to despatch orders as they bring in most of their books to order. I'm getting all my manga from Forbidden Planet now, it's a couple quid more, but I've honestly never received a book in bad condition from them. Whereas, I've had some tatty books every now and then from SciFier in the past, that I returned.

Forbidden Planet are one of the better chain stores overall I'd agree, though I do regret not supporting SciFier a bit more :)

Forbidden Planet are one of the better chain stores overall I'd agree, though I do regret not supporting SciFier a bit more :)

Seems like they tried to set themselves apart with a generous reward scheme and 10% off codes to build up a customer base in the beginning, and then gradually reduced or removed these benefits. They also went heavy with online advertisement in terms of those manga YouTubers, who partnered with them and promoted their individual codes for a bit of commission.

If I was going to make a large order, like buying an entire manga series in one swoop - I'd still use SciFier as their catalogue is still more expansive than FP, but for the purposes of merely keeping up with a series and buying the latest volumes, I'll go FP.

I definitely gave SciFier too much money when they first started out 😅

Rachel Lillis, Voice of Pokémon's Misty and Jessie, Dies aged 46.

Rachel Lillis, the iconic first English voice of Pokémon's Misty and Jessie whom she voiced from 1998-2006, has died aged 46 on Saturday (Aug 10th) after suffering from breast cancer.

Lillis's death was announced by fellow Pokémon actor, Veronica Taylor (Ash Ketchum) on X and by Rachel's sister who announced her sister's passing on Rachel's GoFundMe page set-up by Laurie Orr to help with Rachel's medical costs. At the time of death, Rachel's GoFundMe page had raised $98,991 out of the $100K required.

R.I.P Rachel.

Rachel Lillis, Voice of Pokémon's Misty and Jessie, Dies aged 46.

Rachel Lillis, the iconic first English voice of Pokémon's Misty and Jessie whom she voiced from 1998-2006, has died aged 46 on Saturday (Aug 10th) after suffering from breast cancer.

Lillis's death was announced by fellow Pokémon actor, Veronica Taylor (Ash Ketchum) on X and by Rachel's sister who announced her sister's passing on Rachel's GoFundMe page set-up by Laurie Orr to help with Rachel's medical costs. At the time of death, Rachel's GoFundMe page had raised $98,991 out of the $100K required.

R.I.P Rachel.

R.I.P. Rachel, gone way to soon.

Her performances of Misty and Jessie from Pokemon will always be iconic but I also want to give a little shout out to her role as Oono from Genshiken.

I'm still yet to watch Utena but I look forward to hearing her in that as well eventually.

R.I.P. Rachel, gone way to soon.

Her performances of Misty and Jessie from Pokemon will always be iconic but I also want to give a little shout out to her role as Oono from Genshiken.

I'm still yet to watch Utena but I look forward to hearing her in that as well eventually.

In all honesty the dub for Utena is not the best, regardless this is really sad news I hope she is at peace now, I'm not a hardcore Pokemon devotee but it had a great dub and Team Rocket were so funny... I'm not always sure what to say in situations like this but I'm at that age where I've started being a bit more worried about potentially getting something like breast cancer... I really feel for her :(

Back