What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

That set looks pretty good and it’s a very solid series but the amount of cases include is overkill in my opinion - 11mm cases and it wouldn’t be so bad.

I had proper look at the art books I got some are comics.shirow needs to go to horny jail yes it's straight up hentai. 😳😂

Last edited:
Arrived this morning.

Couldn't resist picking up the Bleach films to go with my Naruto films - managed to find 2, 3, and 4 brand new on eBay for £6 each and got 1 from CEX for £10.

Naruto movies worked out at £3 each and I got The Lost Story for £2. Not bad going all in all.

IMG_20240302_113505405.jpg

Last edited:
2024 HAUL - FEBRUARY CHAPTER: BATCH #6 + MARCH CHAPTER: BATCH #1

We have more packages this week. Two to round up the February haul and one for March that arrived yesterday. The days are getting brighter so we're almost at the point where I can get nice photos after work.

After the success of my 100 Girlfriends manga haul, I decided to make a second order to ensure it wasn't a fluke. Same deal as before, six volumes and using the 10% discount code.

Scifier Packaging 1.jpg

Scifier then delivered the package via Yodel which arrived fairly late on Monday evening. For a moment I was concerned because it came in those padded envelope type. Then I opened it up and it was a cardboard packaging type. Then I opened it up and it was bubble wrap, which was protecting all corners all around the books.

Then I opened it up and I got my mangos.

Switch Haul 4 LRG.jpg
Collection Haul February 2024 - 16.jpg
Seven Seas Collection 2024 2.jpg
2.5 Dimensional Seduction 1.png

2.5 Dimensional Seduction, the first six volumes of the manga, which is a Shonen Jump+ series that Seven Seas is releasing under their Ghost Ship label. It’s also getting an anime adaptation soon by J.C. Staff so that’s another motivating factor to chasing up the volumes since The 100 Girlfriends had its early volumes sold out numerous times due to its anime as well.

So yes that's 2 on 2 on my positive experiences with Scifier so far.

Switch Haul 5.jpg

The final item for the month arrived at the very last second which is Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, the second instalment in the remake trilogy that Square Enix are doing. With the first part remaking the beginning portions of the first disc of the original PlayStation game, this one remakes the rest of the disc where a bunch of the game’s content is located which includes the open world, more environments and activities as well as major story development.

UPDATE: Just want to correct myself after running a double check. Rebirth adapts the rest of Disc 1. I figured I was off as I recall Disc 3 mostly being the ending portions of the game so there we go!

As this is one of the most anticipated games of the year I decided to pre-order it and play it as soon as possible.

So Close 1.jpg
Great Pretender - 71 ver2.jpg

Great Pretender is the first arrival for the month of March. This is a really good series and I'm happy with owning the series on Blu-ray. The only issue I have is that if Anime Limited wants to do these type of releases, they need to use the slimmer Blu-ray cases.

You can view more photos & specs on my blog.

Last edited:
2024 HAUL - MARCH CHAPTER: BATCH #2

Not long ago I realised that my Seiki U-Vision Blu-ray player, which was region free and purchased back in April 2017, is pretty much not going to be function properly due to the disc tray not working. I decided it was time to get a new more modern multi-region player.

At the same time I also wanted to own a 4K Ultra HD player that had access to Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision for my 4K discs, as I don't have one in my room (and the 4K player downstairs in the house isn't for me so I don't want to steal that lol).

So I had those two dilemmas. Then in early February, my boss gave me a mini bonus by offering to spend £200 on anything I want and I decided that I will use that towards getting a new multi-region Blu-ray player. But rather than going for a regular Blu-ray player, I decided to get a modified 4K Ultra HD player that can play Region A discs.

Panasonic 4K UHD Player 1.jpg

Which brings me to this moment where I finally got the player ordered last Sunday and delivered today. This is the Panasonic UB450EB-K 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player which is modified by retailer Multiregion Magic for £299 with free postage and a free 2M Pro Signal PSG3466 HDMI 2.1 cable to go with it.

Panasonic 4K UHD Player 2.jpg

For testing Dolby Vision I checked Arrow's Ringu which was released on 4K Ultra HD last year. The DV icon popped up on my LG C1 TV so I knew that was working.

Panasonic 4K UHD Player 3.jpg

For testing Region A only discs I checked Discotek Media's Wicked City which works as well.

I have also tested a Region B only disc so that I can make sure Region A is still locked and in tact (using Eureka's Funeral Parade of Roses as an example) and that's working as well, so I will be able to review the recent UK anime releases to see if they are Region A compatible.

New arrival!

JPLove-Live-QQEupho-SAO4-K.jpg

Back