What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

2024 HAUL - MARCH CHAPTER: BATCH #2

Not long ago I realised that my Seiki U-Vision Blu-ray player, which was region free and purchased back in April 2017, is pretty much not going to be function properly due to the disc tray not working. I decided it was time to get a new more modern multi-region player.

At the same time I also wanted to own a 4K Ultra HD player that had access to Dolby Atmos and Dolby Vision for my 4K discs, as I don't have one in my room (and the 4K player downstairs in the house isn't for me so I don't want to steal that lol).

So I had those two dilemmas. Then in early February, my boss gave me a mini bonus by offering to spend £200 on anything I want and I decided that I will use that towards getting a new multi-region Blu-ray player. But rather than going for a regular Blu-ray player, I decided to get a modified 4K Ultra HD player that can play Region A discs.

Panasonic 4K UHD Player 1.jpg

Which brings me to this moment where I finally got the player ordered last Sunday and delivered today. This is the Panasonic UB450EB-K 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray player which is modified by retailer Multiregion Magic for £299 with free postage and a free 2M Pro Signal PSG3466 HDMI 2.1 cable to go with it.

Panasonic 4K UHD Player 2.jpg

For testing Dolby Vision I checked Arrow's Ringu which was released on 4K Ultra HD last year. The DV icon popped up on my LG C1 TV so I knew that was working.

Panasonic 4K UHD Player 3.jpg

For testing Region A only discs I checked Discotek Media's Wicked City which works as well.

I have also tested a Region B only disc so that I can make sure Region A is still locked and in tact (using Eureka's Funeral Parade of Roses as an example) and that's working as well, so I will be able to review the recent UK anime releases to see if they are Region A compatible.

New arrival!

JPLove-Live-QQEupho-SAO4-K.jpg

I just got the new album by Judas priest delivered just a few minutes ago.

The bundle contains the album on 2 LP picture disc. Alternative cover artwork on 2 black LP + the album on 2 black lp with original cover artwork.

The album on tape and on one cd + the limited edition deluxe version with bonus tracks on cd.the single for invincible shield+bonus tracks on vinyl.

The album is actually not out till tomorrow.IMG_20240307_111526.jpg

So a fun one today! All the way from Australia courtesy of Sanity.com.au - Naruto Shippuden Complete Movie Collection. It shipped on 29/2 and arrived today on 07/03, so bang on a week which is seems very good to me, I don't order internationally that often unless it's via Amazon.

IMG_20240307_122916980.jpg

IMG_20240307_122100726.jpg

IMG_20240307_122145187.jpg

IMG_20240307_122322175.jpg

What's interesting to me is that most of the discs are obviously Manga UK discs and are clearly labelled "Not for sale outside UK or Ireland", seeing as I got this set from an Aussie retailer and it's quite clearly an Australian release, this seems odd? I know Manga UK use the Madman discs for their Naruto movie releases so that probably has something to do with it, just funny seeing the not for sale spiel on these discs from Aus.

I'm not complaining either way though as it was much cheaper to get this set than the equivalent sets released here in the UK.

So a fun one today! All the way from Australia courtesy of Sanity.com.au - Naruto Shippuden Complete Movie Collection. It shipped on 29/2 and arrived today on 07/03, so bang on a week which is seems very good to me, I don't order internationally that often unless it's via Amazon.

that's pretty quick! meanwhile I've been waiting for a parcel for 4 days that was shipped within the UK using Royal Mail Tracked 48 :rolleyes:

The box it came in was completely crushed, but fortunately the case itself was fully intact:

IMG_20240307_183448.jpg

During the Alltheanime Christmas sale I ordered the majority of the Gundam series. Unfortunately this one was sold out, so I couldn't start watching the series from the beginning.

Picked these up in town today before I went to see Lonely Castle in the Mirror. The Bleach game was only £4.00 from CeX and the Kirby and Enmu were from HMV. Unfortunately it is impossible for Enmu to stay stood up outside of the box so in he stays.

I also have quite a few Kirby's now, not actively collecting them but I like getting the odd one when I see them about, they're cute.

Bleach: Shattered Blade (Wii)

received_782187173271825.jpeg

Back