What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

It kinda a sequel/spinoff series from Grimoire of zero, (10 years later maybe im not sure there is a definative answer). So if you like grimoire of zero then probably you'll like this too.
So maybe you picked up grimoire of zero up from MVM deal of the week (or even got it in the MVM myster bundle), or just already have.
I knew it was connected and bought Grimoire in a sale (I think). Watched one episode!
I'm always the optimist.

I've moved mobile provider from Vodafone to Lebara.

My monthly direct debit will go from £13.75 to £4.50 and conveniently Lebara use the Vodafone network anyway. 🙂

View attachment 32642
Nice, same happens here with Vodafone, 3 etc having sim only plans of about €20-30 per month and then they have all set up separate sim only providers with plans around €10-15 per month so as not to "devalue" their main brand.

I've moved mobile provider from Vodafone to Lebara.

My monthly direct debit will go from £13.75 to £4.50 and conveniently Lebara use the Vodafone network anyway. 🙂

View attachment 32642

That's really good, usually feel like I'm doing OK if I'm on sub £10 pcm SIMO plan with a few GB of data, guess this is cheaper by a little due to less mins/texts, but who really spends much time making calls or texting people when you have WhatsApp and similar these days?

I'm with BT currently at around £8 pcm but it piggybacks off the EE network, though BT are forcing people over to EE properly at some point, I'd probably look at one of the cheaper networks that uses them rather than paying EE directly.

View attachment 32626

Think I'll play Granblue first (until Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth arrives at the end of the month).

I'm doing 100% the same thing here! already got my FF7 Rebirth on pre-order!

I just started it last night and I'm into chapter 3 now so a little beyond the point in the demo, where the demo seemed to be chapter 2 only. Liking it so far, I need to work out how the art boost thing works as I've probably skipped reading the text that told me :oops:

2024 HAUL - JANUARY CHAPTER: BATCH #5 + FEBRUARY CHAPTER: BATCH #1

Two more packages this week, one that arrived at the start of the week which didn't make my overall collection haul post but I got that updated today. The other arrived today which starts the February chapter haul.

Mad Cats & Tokyo Decadence 1.jpg
Tokyo Decadence 07.jpg

Starting off the week with the final items for the January haul! These came from retailer Terracotta Distribution.

The first one is Reiki Tsuno's 2023 film Mad Cats which I first heard about from Third Window Films themselves when they were promoting it for their festivals. It looked like an interesting film to watch and considering its not part of their first print slipcase editions I decided to support them because they have said their non-LEs don't perform as well, which makes sense considering there's less of a rush on doing so.

The second one is an interesting addition for various reasons. Tokyo Decadence (トパーズ) is a 1992 film by director Ryū Murakami, who was also notable for writing a lot of novels including Audition which was adapted into a film by Takashi Miike. This is an erotic one, similar to the Pink genre, but what makes this release fascinating is that it's actually distributed by 88 Films as part of their new Japanarchy line-up. This is the first time that I can recall 88 Films actually releasing a Japanese film, because they have mainly released Hong Kong films with some South Korean films at one point.

This is also mirroring Radiance Film's design which I am not against but I don't know if they got permission from them to do that (so hopefully both are on good terms since I do think this obi-cover idea should be used more because it's a good solution for the UK releases). The limited edition is very much like Radiance Films in general with the reversible cover having alternate artwork and information while the obi has the rating, plus the booklet inside the Scanavo case.

The Bride Wore Black 07.jpg
Fill 'er Up with Super 07.jpg
A Woman Kills 07.jpg
Radiance Films Collection 2024 1.jpg

Starting off the February haul is another Radiance Films package! This time we have three films from France which will continue my ongoing World Cinema collection that I have been going through these past few months.

The first is François Truffaut's The Bride Wore Black (La Mariée était en noir), which is now officially sold out of its limited edition release as this was one of the last seven available on the retailer's site. Interesting to see MGM's logo on the spine.

Next we have Alain Cavalier's Fill 'er Up with Super (Le Plein de Super) which I didn't bother with initially but I heard it was a very good film and worth a watch so I decided to order it.

And to wrap up the package is Jean-Denis Bonan's A Woman Kills (La Femme Bourreau), an older film that was rediscovered not long ago and is one of the first releases by Radiance Films. This one is not as loved as the other French films that the distributor has put out but I figured I'll own it to see how it is and its short films from my perspective.

I always go Nvidia, more expensive but I find them more reliable and given the market share is so high, most developers seem to focus on them vs AMD hardware.

it's odd though as in console space I think Sony/Microsoft usually use AMD cards in their consoles!

Lol, I have an old 1050ti in my 8 year old i5 primary computer at home yet, and that card is still plenty fast for everything I do on my PC - I don't do any gaming at all. I was looking at an old 3070 or 3700XT as my goto card for my next PC ugrade, maybe in a year or so. I don't see the need to spend over $300 for a video card. That is all the top end I would ever need.

Lol, I have an old 1050ti in my 8 year old i5 primary computer at home yet, and that card is still plenty fast for everything I do on my PC - I don't do any gaming at all. I was looking at an old 3070 or 3700XT as my goto card for my next PC ugrade, maybe in a year or so. I don't see the need to spend over $300 for a video card. That is all the top end I would ever need.

Yeah I think it's like anything though, spend on things you enjoy/use, for example if you love coffee, an expensive coffee machine is probably a good thing to get, high performance GPU are like that. Some people might be happy with instant coffee, some people may like it enough to get a basic machine, others consider there to be value in using a good quality one that costs a lot :)

Some CPU come with integrated GPU as well so may not even need one at all if you play no games whatsoever, varies by CPU though. My Ryzen CPU doesn't have one on chip.

Last edited:
A few things from the last couple of days.

Dragon Ball Super volume 20 recieved from Forbidden Planet today. Always appreciate the plastic wrap they send their manga in, never recieved a bad copy from them.

IMG_20240205_105541542.jpg

Then, part of a larger order from SciFier/Awesomebooks, I've started collecting Tolkien's works properly; I wanted some nice hardbacks that would last - I have the rest of the main parts of the legendarium on the way, as well as the History of Middle Earth.

IMG_20240205_105900814.jpg

Back