A nice selection there - saving up currently for the next Discotek sale in June so will likely get a few of these titles then.

Discotek's May 2023 line-up is now available to pre-order over on Rightstuf. No new additions to what was said back in the stream.

AnimeSRPAudio/SubsContentFormat
Aim for the Ace! the Movie$19.95Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
Golgo 13$24.95Japanese
with English Subs
Film
[NIHON NIGHTS]
Blu-ray
Kodocha Season 2$59.95Japanese
with English Subs
51 episodesSD Blu-ray
Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikunan Legacy$69.95English
with English HOH Subs
77 episodesSD Blu-ray
A Wind Named Amnesia$24.95Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray

Not yet released:

DISCOTEK
  • Digimon: Digital Monsters Season 1 (Japanese Version)
  • Fist of the North Star: The Legends of the True Savior Pt. 2: Legend of Yuria
  • Fist of the North Star: The Legends of the True Savior Pt. 3: Legend of Raoh: Chapter of Fierce Fight
  • Fist of the North Star: The Legends of the True Savior Pt. 4: Legend of Toki
  • Fist of the North Star: The Legends of the True Savior Pt. 5: Zero: Legend of Kenshiro
  • Iria: Zeiram the Animation
  • The Legend of Calamity Jane
  • Lupin the Third: Angel Tactics
  • Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Reflection
  • Mazinkaiser vs the Great General of Darkness
  • Medarot
  • Project A-Ko 4
  • Re: Cutie Honey
  • Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs
  • Sgt. Frog Season 3
  • Sgt. Frog Season 4
  • Sgt. Frog Season 5
  • Sgt. Frog Season 6
  • Sgt. Frog Season 7
  • Urusei Yatsura Collection 2
  • Urusei Yatsura Collection 3
  • Urusei Yatsura Collection 4
NIHON NIGHTS
  • Bohachi Bushido: The Villain
  • The Bullet Train
TOKU TIME
  • Kamen Rider Black RX
Aim for the Ace movie and Kodocha season 2 are definite purchases.

I'm in two minds about A Wind Named Amnesia. It's a movie I have a fair bit of 90s nostalgia for, but the DVD wasn't cheap considering I've only watched that copy once since buying it. Guess I'll double-check the picture quality on the DVD before deciding.

Discotek's June 2023 line-up is now available to pre-order over on Rightstuf. No new additions to what was said back in the stream.

Bohachi Bushido the Villain$24.95Japanese
with English Subs
Film
[NIHON NIGHTS]
Blu-ray
Lupin the Third: Angel Tactics$24.95Japanese
with English Subs
TV SpecialBlu-ray
Mazinkaiser VS Great General of Darkness$24.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
OVABlu-ray
Medarots Season 1$49.95Japanese
with English Subs
52 episodesSD Blu-ray
Project A-ko 4: Final$24.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray

Not yet released:

DISCOTEK
  • Digimon: Digital Monsters Season 1 (Japanese Version)
  • Fist of the North Star: The Legends of the True Savior Pt. 3: Legend of Raoh: Chapter of Fierce Fight
  • Fist of the North Star: The Legends of the True Savior Pt. 5: Zero: Legend of Kenshiro
  • Iria: Zeiram the Animation
  • Medarot Season 2+
  • Sgt. Frog Season 3+
  • Urusei Yatsura Collection 2
NIHON NIGHTS
  • The Bullet Train
TOKU TIME
  • Kamen Rider Black RX

Just Aiko 4 for me for June Discotek releases, although mainly for completionist reasons. I bought the first release pretty much only to see the nice quality video, and the rest I got just to complete the set.

Just Aiko 4 for me for June Discotek releases, although mainly for completionist reasons. I bought the first release pretty much only to see the nice quality video, and the rest I got just to complete the set.
it's a pity the 2 part OVA are by a different company, so weren't included in this license,
Hopefully they will be able to complete the BD release at a later date.

First few posts have been now been updated. I've tweaked the layout of the SD-BD list so it's now grouped by year given the large number of releases.

I do need to update the DVD list as there's still missing entries from early on in the Discotek catalogue.
The effort is appreciated. This thread takes some of the guesswork out of figuring out which Discotek releases are at risk of going out of print.

Urusei Yatsura TV collection 1 on its way from United Publications. Oh. Mah. Gawd. What a time to be alive.

Got Gunbuster and Wind of Amnesia on order, another two early UK VHS releases. For some reason I never watched Amnesia even though I did watch most of what Manga put out on VHS. Even Sword for Truth 😱

wind-amnesia-vhs.jpg

Kazuo Yamazaki of Urusei Yatsura and Maison Ikkoku wrote and directed this 🤔

Horus: Prince of the Sun (2017) and Star Fleet X-Bomber (2019) are both now out of print (Rightstuf lists as 'No Longer Available').

Funnily enough Star Fleet X-Bomber was the title that held up my late-Jan order (picked it up more as a curiosity than anything else) which also contained some March pre-orders. Fast forward to the end of March and it was the only outstanding title, and back and forth’s with RS CS said it wasn’t OOP but just OOS. I guess that’s another OOP title to add to the list.

Last edited:
Funnily enough Star Fleet X-Bomber was the title that held up my late-Jan order (picked it up more as a curiosity than anything else) which also contained some March pre-orders. Fast forward to the end of March and it was the only outstanding title, and back and forth’s with RS CS said it wasn’t OOP but just OOS. I guess that’s another OOP title to add to the list.
That's interesting. In that case I reckon Lupin the Third: Voyage to Danger is also out of print as that's been out of stock for a while now. I also want to get Tekkaman Blade II but that's also been OOS for a long while.

Discotek's July 2023 line-up is now available to pre-order over on Rightstuf. We have two new additions to the mix.

Animal Treasure Island$24.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
Digimon Adventure Season 1 (Japanese Version)$69.95Japanese
with English Subs
54 episodesBlu-ray
Iria Zeiram the Animation$29.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
6 episodesBlu-ray
Terrifying Girls' High School: Animal Classmates
恐怖女子高校 アニマル同級生
$24.95Japanese
with English Subs
Film
[NIHON NIGHTS]
Blu-ray
Urusei Yatsura Collection 2$79.95Japanese
with English Subs
episodes 55-106Blu-ray

Regarding the live-action film, it's part of a Pink film series by Toei and what Discotek has picked up is the fourth one.

Not yet released:

DISCOTEK
  • Medarot Season 2+
  • Sgt. Frog Season 3+
NIHON NIGHTS
  • The Bullet Train
TOKU TIME
  • Kamen Rider Black RX

Dang, and I just picked up the Discotek Iria Zeiram Master Collection DVD back in December - now I'll have to triple dip on their DVD and the original DVD tin set with Discotek's new Blu-ray release!

2iriadiscotin.jpg

Discotek's July 2023 line-up is now available to pre-order over on Rightstuf. We have two new additions to the mix.

Animal Treasure Island$24.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
Digimon Adventure Season 1 (Japanese Version)$69.95Japanese
with English Subs
54 episodesBlu-ray
Iria Zeiram the Animation$29.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
6 episodesBlu-ray
Terrifying Girls' High School: Animal Classmates
恐怖女子高校 アニマル同級生
$24.95Japanese
with English Subs
Film
[NIHON NIGHTS]
Blu-ray
Urusei Yatsura Collection 2$79.95Japanese
with English Subs
episodes 55-106Blu-ray

Regarding the live-action film, it's part of a Pink film series by Toei and what Discotek has picked up is the fourth one.

Not yet released:

DISCOTEK
  • Medarot Season 2+
  • Sgt. Frog Season 3+
NIHON NIGHTS
  • The Bullet Train
TOKU TIME
  • Kamen Rider Black RX
It's good to see that they're releasing UY at a relatively fast pace. Having access to the old Animeigo subs must have helped a lot.

Discotek's August 2023 line-up is now available to pre-order over on Rightstuf. We have a brand new addition, which is a Blu-ray upgrade, to the mix.

Cromartie High School$44.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
26 episodesBlu-ray
Kamen Rider Black RX
仮面ライダーBLACK RX
$79.95Japanese
with English Subs
47 episodes
[TOKU TIME]
Blu-ray
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Reflection$24.95Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
Re: Cutie Honey$29.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
3 OVA episodesBlu-ray
Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs$39.95English
with English Subs
52 episodesSD Blu-ray

Not yet released:

DISCOTEK
  • Medarot Season 2+
  • Sgt. Frog Season 3+
NIHON NIGHTS
  • The Bullet Train

Back