UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

@Hanners Can you please confirm if Gunbuster will include the same on-disc extras as the Discotek release (commentaries, science lesson shorts, etc)? The product page for the AL release doesn't make any mention of them.
We're using the same master as Discotek, so the on-disc extras will be the same as their edition.

Just realised that Gkids released a engish dub for Night is Short Walk on Girl back in 2021 and was wondering if Anime Limited had any plans to re-release the movie with the dub?
Yea, its weird one though as, far as I know, its locked to HBO Max (or "Max" now I suppose) and hasn't been released again on BD over there. Would be an opportunity for some other edition if it were possible though

Also, Eternal 831 apparently has an English dub on HBO Max (they haven't changed the name outside the United States) in LATAM by an Miami based studio, the UK blu-ray is of course sub only when it releases soon.

Sorry I'm late into this, but in terms of the Early Birds, I've already considered going for Inu-Oh, Gunbuster and One Piece Film: Red. I'm debating about Fortune Favors Lady Nikuno and Eternal 831. Are either of these two any good?

Only £5 more than a standard Blu Ray from Crunchyroll
Very true! But don't really think you can compare a full cour series to a movie.
An £80 SRP for any movie is insane!
For that price I'm expecting novamedia or mantalab levels of included tat, I'm down to support the 4K and get AL have to claw back the obviously ridiculous licence fee they had to pay to pip Crunchyroll but I'll wait for a standard 😂

Very true! But don't really think you can compare a full cour series to a movie.
An £80 SRP for any movie is insane!
For that price I'm expecting novamedia or mantalab levels of included tat, I'm down to support the 4K and get AL have to claw back the obviously ridiculous licence fee they had to pay to pip Crunchyroll but I'll wait for a standard 😂
To be fair I wouldn't mind paying more for an Anime Limited 4K UHD disc as it will probably be in good quality (unless they ended up with foreign English subtitles again like they had with Violet Evergarden the Movie which is affecting both UK & US 4K sets for those not aware).

I am more curious about the TV episodes. I know AL's listed them as subtitled only, but the US release has the audio language labelled with English audio for the bonus extras (and considering its part of the mainline series so it would be weird to not dub them at all).

I am more curious about the TV episodes. I know AL's listed them as subtitled only, but the US release has the audio language labelled with English audio for the bonus extras (and considering its part of the mainline series so it would be weird to not dub them at all).
It’ll be Crunchyroll spitting their dummy out because Toei Europe let AL have the episodes.

Do I want to try the Masaaki Yuasa films while they're in the deal of the week? Or have they been cheaper/do they turn up second hand more often? Ride Your Wave looks nice?

I highly doubt it will be released this year - Sure, it will most likely go up for pre-order sometime this year, and the release date may even be originally set for the last quarter of this year, but it definitely will then be delayed 6 months+ into 2024 for the actual release date. So I would guess we'll see it around June/July of next year.
Damn it.

Attachments

• agony.gif
    agony.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Well, that's all just conjecture on my part, but then, as I said before - if there are any further delays on Nadia, Tower of God, or Ascendance of a Bookworm, you may still be able to pre-order them during this years' Holiday Sale... 😂

Back