UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Looking forward to a place further, gunbuster (with spine title hopefully), Gundam build I'm not yet sure about, I already have the movies with box and don't really need the 4k version.

Not seen the great pretender, so I am not yet sure what it's about.

Here comes the Negative Nelly... Eh, I don't like Rebuild movie so I'm probably not gonna get the fourth movie... Though the perfectionist in me tells me to get it since the three previous movies were gifted to me and it would be nice to own all the movies in the franchise... Gunbuster... I know it is considered as a classic but... I personally wasn't that impressed by it it. It is okay I guess.

Personally I'm quite surprised by the Build Fighters announcement, it's actually one of my favorite Gundam shows but I had never even considered the possibility of AL releasing it, I was expecting G Gundam or 08th MS Team.

Gunbuster is an absolute instabuy for me, I actually preordered the French version the other day.

Will be picking up Evangelion: 3.0+1.0 ( when it's released on home video) & Gunbuster. May also pick up Great Pretender, but will find out more about the series before deciding.

Still no Kakegurui season 2?

I asked about it back in April & got no response, so I'm guessing they haven't acquired the licence yet.

Last edited:
Everything announced and talked about from AL I will be interested in picking up eventually. Yet to watch it but Great Pretender is a nice surprise, has been one I've been quite interested in. One Piece, Gunbuster and of course Lupin are the most notable titles for me and as others have mentioned, hopefully the missing logo on the spine for Gunbuster is an error, a pet peeve of mine having no logo on a spine.

An official confirmation for Eva is great to see as well, another notable title for me.

Gundam I'm yet to start collecting but I will eventually though will be sticking with standards as it would be so much money to go back and get the CE's of everything.

I would get Great Pretender if the last arc wasn't so bad that it ruined the anime for me. The first 14 episodes were enjoyable and then it went downhill.

Last edited:
Personally I'm quite surprised by the Build Fighters announcement, it's actually one of my favorite Gundam shows but I had never even considered the possibility of AL releasing it, I was expecting G Gundam or 08th MS Team.

Gunbuster is an absolute instabuy for me, I actually preordered the French version the other day.
I half considered G because it was referenced in the quiz (there was a round about character nationalities, with Neo-Canada's fighter appearing).

To be honest I am intrigued they're expanding the territories for Gundam. Makes me wonder if that's why they're justifying a return to 0079.

"It's still in the pipeline" and that comment was a year ago. That's a long bloody pipeline, maybe they should check for blockages. 😉
During the Cloud Matsuri 2022: Ask Anime Limited CEO Andrew Partridge they were asked if Kakegurui Season 2 is still happening (time stamp: 33:16 - 34:01) and they answered that they are still keen to release it and that it is just taking a little bit longer. I hope it finally gets released this year.

Pompo delayed.

3IbBZVR.png

Back