UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I just received an email regarding Future Boy Conan: Part 2 - 4K UHD + Blu-ray Collector's Edition. The main text reads as follows:

“We're contacting you to let you know that the release date of this item has now moved to October 10th, 2022.

Unfortunately we have been experiencing unavoidable delays in the production process, and as such we've needed to reevaluate the release date to accommodate for this. We apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment that may be caused by this, but please know that we appreciate your patience and strive to produce the best product possible for you.”

I just received an email regarding Future Boy Conan: Part 2 - 4K UHD + Blu-ray Collector's Edition. The main text reads as follows:

“We're contacting you to let you know that the release date of this item has now moved to October 10th, 2022.

Unfortunately we have been experiencing unavoidable delays in the production process, and as such we've needed to reevaluate the release date to accommodate for this. We apologise for any inconvenience or disappointment that may be caused by this, but please know that we appreciate your patience and strive to produce the best product possible for you.”

Also same 😅

So, ITV's announcement about their Anime Limited deal had an interesting tidbit:

The raft of content from Anime Ltd will include a mixture of over twenty TV series and films, making ITVX the largest AVOD home of anime content in the UK. The collection will include Escaflowne, Lupin III Part 6, Megalobox, the critically acclaimed Cowboy Bebop directed by Shinichiro Watanabe and the seminal directorial debut of Hideaki ANNO, Gunbuster as well as many more not currently available on any other local platforms.

I imagine that AL will give it a nice collector's edition too. I imagine that it's more likely for 2023 at this point but I'm looking forward to hearing more details.

Hopefully we get His and Her Circumstances at some point too - and one of the live-action labels decides to pick up Anno's live-action work as Love & Pop and Ritual are terrific.

Last edited:
I imagine that AL will give it a nice collector's edition too. I imagine that it's more likely for 2023 at this point but I'm looking forward to hearing more details.

Hopefully we get His and Her Circumstances at some point too - and one of the live-action labels decides to pick up Anno's live-action work as Love & Pop and Ritual are terrific.
Couldn't agree more with all the above! AL does some of the best CEs/LEs/UEs, so them having Gunbuster AND doing a special edition (surely) would be a double bonus.

I'm yet to watch my imported, region-locked(ish - two in the middle seem to work on the PlayStation) DVDs of His and Her Circumstances and I've really wanted to watch his movies, especially Ritual. One day maybe..

I have some spare

Would this have been arranged by Crunchyroll or Toei? But yeah either way it sucks
As far as I'm aware the UK event at least had involvement from AL and 2 companion shows elsewhere in the world for this summer were simply postponed to next year, ticket holders told their tickets would be honoured. The UK one was cancelled outright.

To go from that to the show going ahead the very same week at SDCC....I'm so tired of going without.

Back