Overseas The Aniplex Thread

Sharing this handy dandy list WTK compiled of discounted AoA titles for the Right Stuf 2022 Black Friday / Holiday Sale.

https://fandompost.vbulletin.net/retail-forum/right-stuf-2022-black-friday-holiday-sale-thread

Aniplex of America titles should be priority. Last chance items may sell out at any time (listed in bold below) and more could be included.

https://www.rightstufanime.com/publi...ything-on-sale
https://www.rightstufanime.com/last-...ything-on-sale

Anohana The Flower We Saw That Day TV Series Box Set Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $149.98
Member Price: $95.98

Bakemonogatari Limited Edition Blu-ray
Retail Price: $189.98
Member Price: $115.98

Black Butler Complete Box Set Blu-ray
Member Price: $119.98

Cells At Work! Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $169.98
Member Price: $99.98

Demon Slayer Kimetsu No Yaiba Volume 1 Limited Edition Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $159.98
Member Price: $116.98

Demon Slayer Kimetsu No Yaiba Volume 2 Limited Edition Blu-Ray
Member Price: $116.98

Fate/Apocrypha Box Set 1 Blu-ray
Member Price: $95.98

Fate/Apocrypha Box Set 2 Blu-Ray

Fate/EXTRA Last Encore Box Set Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $174.98

Fate/Grand Order First Order Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $89.98
Member Price: $55.98

Fate/Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works] Complete Box Set Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $239.98
Member Price: $170.98

Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel I. Presage Flower Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $49.98
Member Price: $34.98

Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel I. Presage Flower Limited Edition Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $79.98
Member Price: $62.98

Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel II. Lost Butterfly Blu-Ray
Member Price: $34.98

Fate/Stay Night Heaven's Feel II. Lost Butterfly Limited Edition Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $79.98
Member Price: $62.98

Fate/Zero Complete Box Set Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $224.98
Member Price: $149.98

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Box Set 1 Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $124.98
Member Price: $89.98

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood Box Set 2 Blu-Ray

Gurren Lagann Complete Box Set Blu-Ray
Member Price: $119.98

Kaguya-Sama Love Is War Blu-Ray

KILL La KILL Complete Box Set Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $199.98
Member Price: $139.98

Kizumonogatari Part 1 Tekketsu Blu-Ray
Member Price: $54.98

Kizumonogatari Part 2 Nekketsu Blu-Ray

Kizumonogatari Part 3 Reiketsu Blu-Ray

Koyomimonogatari Blu-Ray

Magi The Kingdom Of Magic Complete Box Set Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $299.98
Member Price: $59.98

Magi The Labyrinth Of Magic Complete Box Set Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $299.98
Member Price: $59.98

March Comes In Like A Lion Volume 1 Blu-Ray
Member Price: $69.98

March Comes In Like A Lion Volume 2 Blu-Ray

March Comes In Like A Lion Volume 3 Blu-Ray

March Comes In Like A Lion Volume 4 Blu-Ray

Monogatari Series Second Season Complete Box Set Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $269.98
Member Price: $184.98

Natsume Yujin-Cho The Movie Ephemeral Bond Blu-Ray
Member Price: $29.98

Nekomonogatari Black Tsubasa Family Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $64.98
Member Price: $42.48

NISEKOI False Love Complete Box Set Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $239.98
Member Price: $149.48

Nisemonogatari Limited Edition Box Set Blu-Ray
Member Price: $94.98

Owarimonogatari Volume 1 Blu-Ray

Owarimonogatari Volume 2 Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $74.98
Member Price: $47.98

Owarimonogatari Volume 3 Blu-Ray

PERSONA5 The Animation Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $398.98
Member Price: $198.98

Puella Magi Madoka Magica TV Box Set Blu-Ray
Member Price: $94.98

Rascal Does Not Dream Of Bunny Girl Senpai Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $134.98

Sword Art Online Alicization Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $314.98
Member Price: $212.48

Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online Blu-Ray Volume 1

Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online Blu-Ray Volume 2
Member Price: $47.98

Sword Art Online Box Set Blu-Ray
Member Price: $124.98

Sword Art Online II Box Set Blu-Ray
Member Price: $129.98

Sword Art Online The Movie Ordinal Scale Blu-Ray
Member Price: $29.98

The Garden Of Sinners Box Set Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $319.98
Member Price: $198.98

The Irregular At Magic High School Complete Box Set Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $164.98

The Irregular At Magic High School The Movie The Girl Who Summons The Stars Blu-Ray
Member Price: $31.98

The Promised Neverland Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $169.98
Member Price: $110.48

Tsukimonogatari Yotsugi Doll Blu-Ray
Retail Price: $64.98
Member Price: $42.48

Zoku Owarimonogatari Blu-Ray
Member Price: $53.98

I wish I could get some of those. But I have to really time my purchases with them. Basically get a gift card or two in quiet months in the lead up to a sale so it's not suddenly super expensive.

Two new blu-ray sets were announced by Aniplex of America today

816546028299_anime-kaguya-sama-love-is-war-s2-blu-ray-alta.jpg
Kaguya-Sama: Love Is War? (aka Season 2) on blu-ray. Unlike the first season blu-ray, this also features the Funimation/Crunchyroll English dub alongside the original Japanese audio track with English subtitles.
816546028282_anime-kaguya-sama-love-is-war-ultra-romantic-blu-ray-alta.jpg
Kaguya-Sama: Love is War - Ultra Romantic (aka Season 3) also was announced, again with with the English dub as well as the original Japanese audio track with English subtitles.

Both sets are priced at $124.98 SRP and are available from Rightstuf with a release date of June 20th 2023.

Bit of a shame the first was never rereleased in a more complete form, and theres some questions I'd have about some things (there was recasting of the lead in Kaguya-sama Season 3's dub due to the actor not being to reprise at the time, has that role been rerecorded or not?) but at least these are being released at all. Also, that OVA isn't here either

Last edited:
Two new blu-ray sets were announced by Aniplex of America today

View attachment 28656
Kaguya-Sama: Love Is War? (aka Season 2) on blu-ray. Unlike the first season blu-ray, this also features the Funimation/Crunchyroll English dub alongside the original Japanese audio track with English subtitles.
View attachment 28657
Kaguya-Sama: Love is War - Ultra Romantic (aka Season 3) also was announced, again with with the English dub as well as the original Japanese audio track with English subtitles.

Both sets are priced at $124.98 SRP and are available from Rightstuf with a release date of June 20th 2023.

Bit of a shame the first was never rereleased in a more complete form, and theres some questions I'd about some things (there was recasting of the lead in Kaguya-sama Season 3's dub due to the actor not being to reprise at the time, has that role been rerecorded or not?) but at least these are being released at all. Also, that OVA isn't here either

Oh, sweet, they're some nice looking sets but Aniplex prices are not in my price range. Fingers crossed one day AL could pick the series up and release sets similar to these design wise, still unsure though if Aniplex titles go straight to Crunchyroll UK or if it's a case by case basis.

Hurrah, I can finally pick up more Kaguya-sama with all of the money I've saved since the shows I like mostly stopped getting disc releases. It really deserved a wider release, though, and I hope we'll get the rest of the content eventually.

R

816546028862_anime-lycoris-recoil-blu-ray-alta.jpg
Aniplex of America have announced that Lycoris Recoil is coming to blu-ray

Contains the full first season with both the original Japanese audio track with English subs and the Bang Zoom English dub over 3 discs. Also has a booklet and 2 soundtrack CDs

Releases on August 22nd and has a SRP of $149.98 on RightStuf

816546028848_anime-engage-kiss-blu-ray-alta.jpgNot the headliner for sure but Engage Kiss is also coming to blu-ray from Aniplex of America

Contains the full first season with both the original Japanese audio track with English subs and the Bang Zoom English dub over 3 discs and also has a booklet

Releases on August 22nd and has a SRP of $139.98 on RightStuf

Last edited:
View attachment 29325
Aniplex of America have announced that Lycoris Recoil is coming to blu-ray

Contains the full first season with both the original Japanese audio track with English subs and the Bang Zoom English dub over 3 discs and also has a booklet and 2 soundtrack CDs

Releases on August 22nd and has a SRP of $149.98 on RightStuf

View attachment 29326Not the headliner for sure but Engage Kiss is also coming to blu-ray from Aniplex of America

Contains the full first season with both the original Japanese audio track with English subs and the Bang Zoom English dub over 3 discs and also has a booklet

Releases on August 22nd and has a SRP of $139.98 on RightStuf

That's a lovely set but as it's Aniplex, out of my range right now.

I'll be ordering Lycoris Recoil, it's $119.98 retail, but I don't care for that artwork on the box at all. It does not reflect what the series was about whatsoever. Looks like some dang cutesy OVA release. Not really interested in Engage Kiss, so I'll be skipping that Aniplex release.

Last edited:
Well, that's one I'll be after for sure. It's expensive... but I splurged on the JP version so that ship already sailed. I would like an english sub version for easy watching too.

I'll be ordering Lycoris Recoil, it's $119.98 retail, but I don't care for that artwork on the box at all. It does not reflect what the series was about whatsoever. Looks like some dang cutesy OVA release. Not really interested in Engage Kiss, so I'll be skipping that Aniplex release.
Agreed (not that I've watched it). Key Visuals 2 + 3 would've portrayed the theme of the series a lot clearer.

Attachments

• Lycoris_Recoil_Key_Visual_2.png
    Lycoris_Recoil_Key_Visual_2.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 5
  • Lycoris_Recoil_Key_Visual_3.png
    Lycoris_Recoil_Key_Visual_3.png
    5.7 MB · Views: 3
Agreed (not that I've watched it). Key Visuals 2 + 3 would've portrayed the theme of the series a lot clearer.

Can't say I have heard of this one but it looks interesting

Lol, what rock (or parent's basement) have you people been hiding under?! It was one of the bigger shows of 2022 - that and Call of the Night were by far my two favorite series from the Summer season.... 🤩

Lol, what rock (or parent's basement) have you people been hiding under?! It was one of the bigger shows of 2022 - that and Call of the Night were by far my two favorite series from the Summer season.... 🤩
I actually don't keep up with many shows tbh. I enjoy anime for sure but I prefer to spend most of my time when I'm not working either playing games or watching films. I did have a Crunchyroll sub at one point but fell off when Nier went on Hiatus.

So as a consequence you will often see me ask "was this any good?" lol

Which company would be most likely to license Lycoris Recoil and give it a UK release?
MVM and Anime Ltd have sublicensed AoA titles in the past but not much recently. Crunchyroll is possible if AoA changes their strategy to the most logical one, but I wouldn't get my hopes up about that...

Can't be absolutely sure of course but if Demon Slayer: Entertainment District Arc hasn't made its way over (via CR UK), I see no reason why Lycoris Recoil will as the former is a much bigger deal.

During the Rightstuf sale last month I was hoping for a discount on the Kaguya series, but not only weren't there any discounts, but the first season is now OOP... Prices on eBay have gone up from $99 to well over $800...

I wonder if that series will ever get a European release, it should be popular enough to be released over here.

Back