Your viewing journal

I completed Witch Hunter Robin

It is a really slow series but it picked up a whole lot towards the end. They were going into some daring themes however ultimately i feel they just played it a bit too safe and could really have gone further than what they did!! just five more episodes at the end and you're really going to delve into some unseen terrtitory

Sadly, this goes the same way as many old school anime/manga, society is not ready to witness this so we cant go further

Still, if you love the 90s & early 00s anime like I do and want something that is very watchable, you will not go wrong with this series

Mashle ep 2
Entrance exam.

Rokudo's Bad Girls ep 2
Top dog.
The ending had a pretty interesting development. Rokudo decides to try and turn a bad girl good so she will no longer be affected by the spell. I'll give it one more episode to see if it that goes anywhere.

BIRDIE WING s2 e2
Rainbow.

Otaku Elf ep 2
Collectables and Monja.

Weathering with You (dub) (rewatch)
Had a couple hours free, so decided to rewatch this before Suzume on Monday. Not sure if I wasn't really in the mood or because I was watching the dub and I let myself get distracted or literally because of the dub, but I found it quite boring, especially the beginning, the drama was forced with the gun part especially seeming just get the police involved to spice things up and the ending still as dissatisfying as I originally remembered. The relationship between the two was still pretty cute though and her brother quite amusing.
Dropping the score from 8 to 7.

Yamada-kun ep 3
IRL

Hell's Paradise ep 3
Thinning the crowd.

A Galaxy Next Door ep 2 (dropped)
Yeah, this is going to be another slow burn romance with a lot of talking. Maybe if I hadn't just watched The Angel Next Door I would have stuck with it. The supernatural angle has contrived to make them stick together already and whilst that plot point could actually be used to make this more interesting down the road I can't be bothered to sit through more of it to see if that happens.

The Dangers in My Heart ep 3
Nurses office.
Our MC is quickly changing. Despite his gloomy emo start he definitely is more mature than the other boys in class with their perverted games trying to get the girls to answer stupid questions (it was funny though with the girls not having it at all) and there were also some real sweet moments in this episode!

Heavenly Delusion ep 3
Siscon.

My Clueless First Friend ep1: This sounded great when I read our review for the manga but the anime adaptation hasn't grabbed me at all; it doesn't really seem to be adding much to the experience and the pacing isn't giving the emotional beats much time to breathe.
@Rui: I was hugely disappointed with the first episode of this (having reviewed the manga for us and hoped that it would transfer well to screen). Like you, I feel that the main problem with the anime version is that it moves at a horribly leaden pace. I'll give it one more chance, in the hope... Whereas Skip and Loafer seems to have captured the tone and pace of the source material (which I confess I love) really successfully so far. I recommend giving the second episode a try. (No bias here, honest!)

S

The Reincarnation of the Strongest Excorcist in Another World (English Dub) Episode 13 (Complete)

A Galaxy Next Door Episode 2

EDENS ZERO 2nd Season Episode 28

Heavenly Delusion Episode 3

My Love Story with Yamada-kun at Lv 999 Episode 3

Summoned to Another World for a Second Time Episode 2

The Dangers in My Heart Episode 3

Hell’s Paradise episode 3 Facing emotions.

MIX: Meisei Story Season 2 episode 27 A fine time for a viewing.

Ultimate Otaku Teacher episodes 1-24 (Complete. A middling comedy series that had some fun episodes but was otherwise rather average overall for me.) 3/5

Last edited:
Disappointing episode from Ranking of Kings, feels like a filler season. I'll skip this one.

Started Tsurune as I heard good things about the second season. Interesting episode 1.

Heavenly Delusion is leaving me with so many questions, I could see this show being marmite for some because of it's themes, but I'm enjoying the ride a lot so far!

Suzume [English Audio]
Quite the spectacular and entertaining romp. I do feel a need to see this again to cement how I feel about it though, something about how it comes together felt slightly strange and I need to think over its themes in general. Regardless, an enjoyable film with some bite and, is of course, a stunning visual experience.
Was also pleased that my concerns about the English lead were thankfully misplaced as Nichole Sakura fits well as Suzume. The rest of the cast are great and, unsurprising, Josh Keaton is excellent as Souta, and its good to hear him in an anime (and not just western animation) that isn't just a supporting role in Tiger & Bunny 2 and the lead in those terrible Happy Science 'Laws of the Universe' Films.

NieR Automata Ver1.1a - Episode 5 [English Audio]
old friends and memories of the best companions

Uncle From Another World - Episodes 4-7 [English Audio]

Heavenly Delusion - Episodes 1-2 [English Audio]

Last edited:
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury s2 e2
Ghost in the machine.

My Home Hero ep 3
Finding the right answer.

World Dai Star ep 2
Copy cat.

Demon Slayer: Swordsmith Village Arc ep 2
6 swinger.

Blue Orchestra ep 2
Getting past it.
OK, her story isn't quite as dramatic as I thought, although losing a friend (transfering) because of bullying and then being bullied herself all while the rumour mill says it was her fault the girl transferred is still a bad thing to go through!
That last scene was beautiful!
Real shame no one's picked it up yet, although it might be in Disney jail because they are streaming it in Japan? But then again Tokyo Revengers s2 and Heavenly Delusion was/is simulcasting!

Otaku Elf ep1: A disgruntled miko looks after a reclusive nerd elf summoned in from an isekai setting, leading to friction and gags. It wasn't bad, it was just kind of inoffensively pointless. It was a bit weird to set up the (blatantly obvious) central mystery then immediately resolve it but I don't think this show is all that bothered about complex plot arcs. People who like watching cute girls stomping around frustratedly will like this more than I did.

Mashle ep1: An almost-funny shounen comedy which played things just a bit too dumb for me. The gimmick of a brute in a world of magic has been done better before (I miss Rune Soldier!) but a few of the quips were decent. I don't see this going anywhere especially interesting, though, and it was distracting that all of the future friends shown in the credits looked like guest stars from other shows.

World Dai Star ep1: Another sort-of-Takarazuka acting show which plays up the idol themes more and appears to borrow another recurring theme of the idol genre by having a character who might be a ghost(?) as a confidante/inspiration. It's not bad by any stretch of the imagination but the first dramatic arc seems to be going exactly the same way as one from Kageki Shoujo which rather dampens the suspense. I also found it funny that everyone kept bringing up the problem of the lead not having any Sense (obviously I know what they actually meant 😅). Not one I'll be keeping but the studio is trying hard to make it visually appealing, I'm just not the target audience here at all.

Oshi No Ko ep1: Thank goodness, I loved this. Big fan of the art style (I liked Scum's Wish), which translated spectacularly well to the anime adaptation, and the writing was intelligent enough to keep things interesting through all of the many twists and turns. I watched it with a friend and my partner, neither of whom had any idea what to expect at the start, and they've both been clamouring to see the next episode ever since. Glad that I managed to go in mostly unspoiled myself too.

Suzume (subtitled): Really enjoyed this film as well, it will probably be a bit forgettable in the long term but once it got going it held my attention well and made for a charming way to spend the afternoon. The characters were excellent and the vein of humour throughout (in spite of the serious themes) was great. It was also nice that the screening I attended was full, even though it was a small cinema.

R

Back