Your viewing journal

The Eminence in Shadow (English Dub) Episode 9

Adventurer's Who Don't Believe in Humanity Will Save the World Episode 8

Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skills Episode 7

The Ice Guy and His Cool Female Colleague Episode 8

Campfire Cooking in Another World with My Absurd Skills episode 7 Medicine.

Space Pirate Captain Harlock episodes 33-42 (Complete. Despite its age and of-its-time elements, this is a series that holds up and has a solid lasting appeal thanks to its premise and lead character, as crafted by the legendary Leiji Matsumoto.) 3.5/5

Space Pirate Captain Harlock Saga: Outside Legend - The Endless Odyssey
episodes 1-6

Last edited:
Great Teacher Onizuka Episodes 1-18 (ENGLISH DUBBED) - I usually watch an entire anime now before posting about it in any real depth here and also generally don't chop and change in the middle of series (something I decided to commit to at the beginning of this year - getting better at finishing what I start as long as it's something I like though I will still drop things if I don't enjoy them), but in this case I'm making an exception because while this is a very good series that I get a lot out of watching and it's often very funny, sometimes there are things about it that are a little too dark and grim for me at the moment maybe so I'm putting it on hiatus for a bit. I do recommend it so far overall but it's not the best in large doses maybe if you're a more sensitive person (like me!) 😅

The Greatest Demon Lord Is Reborn as a Typical Nobody Episodes 8-9

The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady episode 7

Spy Classroom Episode 7

Suppose a kid from the last dungeon boonies moved to a starter town complete series: Entertaining but a bit derivative (I'm thinking shows like Is it wrong... and Familiar of Zero). I did start to wonder what it would be like if the main protagonist was a young naive girl being chased by a bevy of psychotic and lecherous boys. There did seem to be a lot of loose ends untied and storylines that appeared to go nowhere. Also, since when is a capital city (it has a king, after all) consided a "starter town"?

Sgt Frog episodes 79-83 (something like that): first episodes with subtitles. They've completely changed the theme and the feel of the show has suddenly become more juvenile. Is this why they stopped the dub, perhaps? Still funny, but nowhere near as multi-layered and complex as it was. Perhaps it picks up a bit in later episodes.

Sugar Apple Fairy Tale ep 7
Imprisoned.

The Fire Hunter eps 5 & 6
Spiders and destination.

NieR:Automata Ver1.1a ep 4
Theater.

BOFURI s2 e6
Collecting companions.

The Tale of Outcasts eps 5 & 6
Last stand and unrestrained.

Yuri Isekai ep 8
Sibling disagreement.

ONIMAI ep 6
Back to school.
Also, since when is a capital city (it has a king, after all) consided a "starter town"?
The Imperial City is technically the starting town in TES IV: Oblivion.

Adventurer's Who Don't Believe in Humanity Will Save the World (English Dub) Episode 4

The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady Episode 8 Possessed on power.

Tomo-chan is a Girl! Episode 8 Fireworks and fist fights.

Bungou Stray Dogs 4th Season episode 45 Dangerous duties.

Kana of the Great Snow Sea episode 7 Feed the world.

The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady episode 8 Drilled.

Tomo-Chan Is a Girl! episode 8 Fireworks and fighting back.

Tsurune -The Linking Shot- episode 21 One by one.

Space Pirate Captain Harlock Saga: Outside Legend - The Endless Odyssey episodes 7-13 (Complete. A darker and more intense side-story for the franchise which offered a different Harlock experience.) 3.5/5

Space Pirate Captain Harlock: Arcadia of my Youth (Film)
An entertainingfeature film for the franchise and one I need to acquire the Discotek release for in the future.) 4/5

Space Pirate Captain Harlock: Arcadia of my Youth - Endless Orbit SSX
episode 1

Patabor 2 (REWATCH, Manga Entertainment English dubbed) - I wasn't sure if I finished this the last time I tried rewatching it so I had another go, this time I definitely finished it and it's really good and the dub is excellent as well. Interesting film about human society and political corruption and so on, but still accessible, at some point I'll make a start on the Patlabor TV series as well (though I might actually bother to rewatch the third Patlabor film first as it wasn't bad from what I remember though not as good as the first two :)

I decided to continue with GTO now after all, am on Ep 31 I think :)

Assault Lily Bouquet
Episodes 5-8
Likable enough show but it could have more fights. I can only remember a couple of characters names and that because her surname is Von Gropius.
However a conspiracy may be developing.

Blue Gender
Episodes 1-5
God, that guy is whiny and his forehead is distracting. I think I got to 5 just to see who he'd get killed next with his behaviour. Might be at the bottom of the pile soon.

The Big O
Episodes 1+2
Love the artwork, how long are those freaking cars. Great.

Patabor 2 (REWATCH, Manga Entertainment English dubbed) - I wasn't sure if I finished this the last time I tried rewatching it so I had another go, this time I definitely finished it and it's really good and the dub is excellent as well. Interesting film about human society and political corruption and so on, but still accessible, at some point I'll make a start on the Patlabor TV series as well (though I might actually bother to rewatch the third Patlabor film first as it wasn't bad from what I remember though not as good as the first two :)

I decided to continue with GTO now after all, am on Ep 31 I think :)

I loved the 3rd Patlabor when I watched it the other month, just as much as 2 if not more.
I guess people don't like it cos it barely features the main cast, but I could watch the grumpy detective and his dopey sidekick all day!

Aura Battler Dunbine 1-3
this show is so weird, such a strange mishmash of elements and I'm not sure I even like it yet.
so far there has been: people being isekai'd to a fantasy world that also has Gundams (not official ones but come on, they are Gundams), drunk fairies flying everywhere, an army riding unicorns, did I mention the Gundams? oh also an American who keeps calling the MC "Jap".

Tomo-chan is a Girl! ep 8
Fireworks and sparks.

Malevolent Spirits: Mononogatari ep 7
Reporting in.

Buddy Daddies ep 6
Day trip.

Revenger ep 7
Sin it together.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro s2 e7
Ski-zy does it.

Kaina of the Great Snow Sea ep 6
Boxed in.

The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten ep 7
Wanted.
Finally get the full back story hinted at before and of course it's melodramatic as anything, and a little stupid. Basically her parents were forced into an arranged marriage and then had "an accident" and then disowned her from birth. The dumb bit comes when you ask yourself why they had sex if they didn't love each other and then why carry a child to term if you didn't want it. For the former I suppose you can imagine some dark stuff, for the latter? Maybe the grandparents found out and made sure she was born, but then it turns out that the housekeeper raised her, so sounds like the grandparents didn't give a damn either!

Sgt Frog episodes 83-89: and disc one of series two is finally complete. The first half of the first episode has a title almost as long as the episode ("Keroro, Mixed Hot Springs Murder Incident. The Spirit of the Most Unfortunate Sibling in Space. Because of Brother's Colored Box Hot Spring, Only One Foot Can Be Placed Inside. When the Brother Slipped From the Shock and Fell Unconscious, The Sister's Tears Fell like Flower Petals"). After a couple of meh episodes, we're back to the higher standard I expect from the little Keronian invaders and their friends.

Aria the OVA (Arietta) and Aria the Origination episodes 1-5: I politely waited until the UK editions were sent out before starting the third season (lie, it's just that point in the pile). As lovely as previous seasons, we get a little back story of the initial meetings between the Angels and their apprentices, with a dose of doubt, crises of confidence, fear of failure and loss of support - as well as a little bit of spying. A couple of new characters appear, including one who could be a rival for Akari's affections (might be time for Akatsuki to stop teasing "sideburns").

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV Part 2 episode 19 Deadly crossing.

Space Pirate Captain Harlock: Arcadia of my Youth - Endless Orbit SSX episodes 2-16

Reincarnated as a Sword (English Dub) Episode 9

The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World (English Dub) Episode 5

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? IV Episode 19 Perilous crossing.

My Life as Inukai-san's Dog (Uncensored) Episode 8 Begging and belly rubs.

ONIMAI: I'm Now Your Sister! (Uncensored) Episode 8 Sleepover.

The Iceblade Sorcerer Shall Rule the World Episode 8 Unleash the power.

Urusei Yatsura (2022) Episode 19 Drunk.

Undefeated Bahamut Chronicle episodes 1-12

Latest title from my backlog . Nice designs for the battling units although very much like a harem. Although fan service was mostly limited to one beach episode. Semi decent storyline with a decent ending when allowing the story to continue

Back