UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

Did any one get or notice any of the "10 Disc Pot Luck MVM Bundle (18) Blu-Ray is now available" and DVD bundles up around 11am?
Had email notification set up, but pot luck pages are now 404 (so guessing sold out or preping)

Just wondering if they were testing the page for upcoming 12 days of christmas sale or whether they only had so much stock and sold out already

Did any one get or notice any of the "10 Disc Pot Luck MVM Bundle (18) Blu-Ray is now available" and DVD bundles up around 11am?
Had email notification set up, but pot luck pages are now 404 (so guessing sold out or preping)

Just wondering if they were testing the page for upcoming 12 days of christmas sale or whether they only had so much stock and sold out already
Huh, that's strange. I was sorting stock out for Christmas sale yes and putting in quantities, but they weren't made live 🤔 Oh well. But yes, I was just prepping, there's only a few of each anyway.

Huh, that's strange. I was sorting stock out for Christmas sale yes and putting in quantities, but they weren't made live 🤔 Oh well. But yes, I was just prepping, there's only a few of each anyway.
No worries, I had a feeling it might be setting up for the Christmas sale.
My bad on spoiling the surprise 😅 I'll keep an eye out for them when the sale starts.

I can only assume it's because you set up/ added quantaties that the "system" saw stock and sent out a back in stock notification, but of course because the page for that item isn't live no buying is possible.

What exactly is the 10 potluck mvm bundle?
Just 10 random disc's (DVD or Blu-ray depending on which bundle you choose) from MVM titles (so possible to get say disc 2 of say Maid Sama, but not disc 1 or 3), but for the most part it is stock they can't sell because the case got damaged or returned due to damage (but disc's are essentially like new and come in plastic wallets).

Just 10 random disc's (DVD or Blu-ray depending on which bundle you choose) from MVM titles (so possible to get say disc 2 of say Maid Sama, but not disc 1 or 3), but for the most part it is stock they can't sell because the case got damaged or returned due to damage (but disc's are essentially like new and come in plastic wallets).
And then we spend the next couple of months on the swap page trying to get a complete set of something. I finally sold the last of my part-series discs on eBay last month. Even so, I'll probably buy one this year.

Cynical but you're probably right.
Makes me feel glad (like most of us) that I've a big queue of stuff to watch.
Which is only going to get bigger in the next 2-3 weeks. 😭
I know exactly what you mean. I was one of the mugs that did buy it, and I currently have 46 other unwatched anime on my pile, and three others on order before I even contemplate Xmas. o_O

Kiddy Grade got a Blu in Germany I think
Did Shangri-La get a Blu?
If Last Exile ever got a Blu I'd be over it like a rash.

Ideally they'd be Gonzo titles that have BDs released in the US, and I don't know off hand if titles lik Speedgrapher, Black Cat, Gantz and Desert Punk have been.

Kiddy Grade got a Blu in Germany I think
Did Shangri-La get a Blu?
If Last Exile ever got a Blu I'd be over it like a rash.

Ideally they'd be Gonzo titles that have BDs released in the US, and I don't know off hand if titles lik Speedgrapher, Black Cat, Gantz and Desert Punk have been.
nope none of those have, only old DVD releases, the vast majority of Gonso shows that MVM had an chance to upgrade the release have been done, only Basilisk is the only outstanding one I can think of,
It could just as likely be a Japanese master exists for the titles you mention, just nobody in the US has touched them.

I would die for a Shangri-La Blu-Ray release as that show was a HD made show, but Funi at the time only had access to the DVD version around.

Nowadays they have a HD version on their streaming site in the US.

Back