The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Season 4 is only 16 episodes, so there was no sense in splitting it in multiple parts like the previous season (which were like 50 episodes each)
Thinking more of the full season sets here and not the split ones. Bought season 1 and season 2 as full sets and was hoping for a full season 3 one and they jumped straight to season 4. Hopefully they'll still release the full season 3 set, don't fancy buying the split ones to complete the collection.

Thinking more of the full season sets here and not the split ones. Bought season 1 and season 2 as full sets and was hoping for a full season 3 one and they jumped straight to season 4. Hopefully they'll still release the full season 3 set, don't fancy buying the split ones to complete the collection.
The full season sets have usually followed quite a while after all the part sets have been released, so season 3 will get one at some point. They didn't jump staright to releasing season 4 as a full set so much as there wasn't any point in doing part sets.

That was true for many years...
However since the rebranding of Funimation (US) to Crunchyroll (US), aside from Dragon Ball Super, not a single anime episode that was once released under the Funimation brand got a re-release with Crunchyroll - no complete seasons and no classics / essentials.

And: For Dragon Ball Super they slightly reauthored the US-Blu-rays to replace the Funimation with the Crunchyroll logos

Thanks. I'll consider importing the US release of Collection 24, when I get around to purchasing it. I would also have to import the US releases from Collection 26 onwards if I want the Blu-ray versions.
I just had a thought in my head. There has been instances where disc issues only occurred on the review discs, while the retail copies had them fixed. To those who own the UK release of One Piece Collection 24, can anyone confirm to me if disc 3 has the deep red subtitles in the retail copies, just like the review copies that Just Passing Through has used for the review?

I just had a thought in my head. There has been instances where disc issues only occurred on the review discs, while the retail copies had them fixed. To those who own the UK release of One Piece Collection 24, can anyone confirm to me if disc 3 has the deep red subtitles in the retail copies, just like the review copies that Just Passing Through has used for the review?
ManFuniRoll stopped sending out review discs with COVID. That was the retail release. I probably mentioned the packaging in the review.

ManFuniRoll stopped sending out review discs with COVID. That was the retail release. I probably mentioned the packaging in the review.
Thanks for clarifying that for me. Seeing as it's unlikely to ever get fixed, I'll definitely have to get the US release of that one, as people already confirmed to me that the US Disc 3 don't have the red subtitles issue.

are amazon.com orders usually delivered by RM or a courier when they get over here? haven't ordered from there in like 2-3 years maybe, ordering directly from them instead of on .co.uk if that makes any difference

Hi,
Just been going down the list of US anime releases for 2022 to see if anything jumps out (even though I am not supposed to be buying until the Christmas sales).
Spotted Assault Lily Bouquet. Seems right up my cup of tea. Girls fighting alien invaders.

I have been on the usual sites and the price isn't horrendous.

Anyone got an opinion on it?

I'm off to MyAnimeList.

Thanks

I believe Crunchyroll don't really have the staff to attend as they did under Manga, MVM and AL have been absent since the pandemic, as both are from Wales or Scotland, they've pared down their appearances London comic con was dwindling before Covid and as Covid is still here, they may consider it too risky to do yet.
Just guessing, more than actual knowing.

I believe Crunchyroll don't really have the staff to attend as they did under Manga, MVM and AL have been absent since the pandemic, as both are from Wales or Scotland, they've pared down their appearances London comic con was dwindling before Covid and as Covid is still here, they may consider it too risky to do yet.
Just guessing, more than actual knowing.
Thanks for the clarification. I did message mvm and all the anime for comment but it looks like it may of fell on deaf ears.

Currently reading The Wonderful Adventures of Nils by Selma Lagerlof, a 1906 tale of a naughty little boy who gets shrunk by an elf and sets out on an adventure round Sweden on the back of a goose. The (Nobel prize winning) author wrote it to show the animals and folklore in all the regions of Sweden.

I wondered whether anyone had filmed it and found that Japan did an 51 episode anime in 1980 (so about the same time as they did The Moomins - must have been Scandinavia season!). Then I found a blu-ray had been released in the US in 2020, which is already out of print and considered "rare". How many copies did they make? Ten!?

Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest.

The rights situation with this is kinda weird, cause Discotek, the US distributor, afaik had to sublicense it through the German rightsholder.
The show is still streaming on Crunchyroll US (and most likely on Retrocrush US) too.

German & French DVDs are easily available, but not English-friendly.
Discotek Media relies on Amazon and Rightstuf and is not stocked by other major retailers, thus if a show goes OOP it's almost immediately unavailable - whilst for other distributors there is usually still stock left in the market.

Currently watching the series Ajin where I noticed there is 3 movies as special features, reading Wikipedia seems to suggest it's the same story but told over 3 movies rather than over 26 episodes?

Currently watching the series Ajin where I noticed there is 3 movies as special features, reading Wikipedia seems to suggest it's the same story but told over 3 movies rather than over 26 episodes?
I really liked this series and one of the series that shows cgi anime can be good

yes the movies are just condensed versions of the series, better off watching the series to get all the suspense

Just wondering what OVA's I should watch after Season 1 Attack on Titan

Does this sound about right? Some people mention No Regrets could also be watched after Season 1

Season 1
Memoirs of a Scout, Sudden Visitor and Distress
Season 2
No Regrets Parts 1+2
Season 3
Lost Girls Parts 1-3
Final Season

I'm skipping all the recap movies

No Spoilers please

Just wondering what OVA's I should watch after Season 1 Attack on Titan

Does this sound about right? Some people mention No Regrets could also be watched after Season 1

Season 1
Memoirs of a Scout, Sudden Visitor and Distress
Season 2
No Regrets Parts 1+2
Season 3
Lost Girls Parts 1-3
Final Season

I'm skipping all the recap movies

No Spoilers please
No Regrets is a prequel, so you can watch it after season 1 as you’ve been introduced to Levi and Erwin.

Back