[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

Would be nice if someone brought the Beyond the Boundary collection over here. I don’t own the series or the movies atm (although I have watched the series before), so I wouldn’t mind just picking it all up together.

Would be nice if someone brought the Beyond the Boundary collection over here. I don’t own the series or the movies atm (although I have watched the series before), so I wouldn’t mind just picking it all up together.
The correct way to buy the Beyond the Boundary series is the Animatsu blu-ray so you still get Mirai vocied by Krystal LaPorte in the dub.

Yea, I would also like to get the that re-release as I don't have the films, but it's also, at best and putting it as nicely as possible, extremely petty that change was made. I do have the UK release anyway for that just in case.

Waiting to see what happens with Carole and Tuesday here (if anything) but it is a strange trend that Sentai does the Limited Edition later after the standard (which they are for Carole and Tuesday), I'll be curious to see it at least.

The correct way to buy the Beyond the Boundary series is the Animatsu blu-ray so you still get Mirai vocied by Krystal LaPorte in the dub.

The correct way would be to actually buy the US or AUS Blu-ray release (if you can find it) of the series, as they include the OVA episode that Animatsu's release didn't. 😉

I've got both the Sentai Premium Box Set and their Steelbook release for Beyond the Boundary, so I have both versions of the dub - Krystal in the PE set and Kira Vincent-Davis in the steelbook - although I'll probably never hear either dub unless I show the series to friends and need to use a dub. Mirai will still sound the same in Japanese in either release for me. :)

Crunchyroll January 2023 schedule.

January 3rd:
Sabikui Bisco - The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
Sasaki and Miyano - The Complete Season (Blu-ray)

January 10th:
Obey Me! - Season 1 - SUB ONLY (Blu-ray)
Platinum End - Part 1 (Blu-ray)

January 17th:
Black Clover - Season 3 Complete (Blu-ray)
One Piece - Season 12 Voyage 2 (Blu-ray)
The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation out of Debt - The Complete Season (Blu-ray)

January 24th:
The Stranger by the Shore (Film) (Blu-ray) - Limited Edition

January 31st:
Ascendance of a Bookworm - Season 3 (Blu-ray/DVD)

Yu Yu Hakusho - 30th Anniversary Box Set (Blu-ray)

technicolor-universal-blu-ray-ascendance-of-a-bookworm-season-3-blu-ray-31855202238508.jpgtechnicolor-universal-blu-ray-black-clover-season-3-complete-blu-ray-31844947329068.jpgtechnicolor-universal-blu-ray-obey-me-season-1-blu-ray-31844900700204.jpgtechnicolor-universal-blu-ray-dvd-one-piece-season-12-voyage-2-blu-ray-dvd-31874327347244.jpgtechnicolor-universal-blu-ray-platinum-end-part-1-blu-ray-31844917313580.jpgtechnicolor-universal-blu-ray-sabikui-bisco-the-complete-season-blu-ray-31844889690156.jpgtechnicolor-universal-blu-ray-sasaki-and-miyano-the-complete-season-blu-ray-31870008524844.jpgtechnicolor-universal-blu-ray-the-genius-prince-s-guide-to-raising-a-nation-out-of-debt-the-co...jpgtechnicolor-universal-blu-ray-the-stranger-by-the-shore-movie-blu-ray-limited-edition-31844971...jpgtechnicolor-universal-blu-ray-yu-yu-hakusho-30th-anniversary-box-set-blu-ray-31855206072364.jpg

Crunchyroll January 2023 schedule.

January 3rd:
Sabikui Bisco - The Complete Season (Blu-ray)
Sasaki and Miyano - The Complete Season (Blu-ray)

January 10th:
Obey Me! - Season 1 - SUB ONLY (Blu-ray)
Platinum End - Part 1 (Blu-ray)

January 17th:
Black Clover - Season 3 Complete (Blu-ray)
One Piece - Season 12 Voyage 2 (Blu-ray)
The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation out of Debt - The Complete Season (Blu-ray)

January 24th:
The Stranger by the Shore (Film) (Blu-ray) - Limited Edition

January 31st:
Ascendance of a Bookworm - Season 3 (Blu-ray/DVD)

Yu Yu Hakusho - 30th Anniversary Box Set (Blu-ray)

Black Clover Complete Season 3 finally exists!

Hoping that Yu Yu Hakusho set is released over here, looks lovely. I've wanted to check out The Stranger by the Shore, nice set as well. I also wonder if Platinum End Part 2 will get a LE, I know it wasn't favourably recieved but it is from the Death Note guys so has name recognition (and personally even though it wasn't great, I enjoyed it as it was so wild and bonkers at times so I'd like a LE).

Sentai FILMWORKS January 2023 schedule.

Two Re-releases this month.

January 3rd:

Love, Election and Chocolate Complete Collection (Re-release Blu-ray)

January 10th:
Himouto! Umaru-Chan R Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
Waiting in the Summer Complete Collection (Re-release Blu-ray)

January 17th:
No Game, No Life Complete Collection (Blu-ray)

January 24th:
I'm Quitting Heroing Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
Lupin the 3rd Part 6 Complete Collection (Blu-ray)

kH3nLBe.jpga2Ddhcl.jpgDhelk3Y.jpgJ69cNaw.jpgYYKMA0R.jpg8IPKdhW.jpg

Aim for the Ace! 😲

I generally love shoujo titles and would normally jump on this series, but unfortunately this is a dang sports anime, and I have no interest in watching sports anime whatsoever, so I'll probably skip this one. Ironically, I was on my high school's tennis team for four years, and played in the #2 spot during my senior year, but even that doesn't make me want to watch this... 🙁

Out of everything Discotek announced on their stream last night, the only title that I might possibly get is the Mononoke Blu-ray, to replace the DVD I already own.

Last edited:
If they license the 1979 film, maybe you can try that instead as a taster. I don't really care about sports but I found the film quite entertaining, Osamu Dezaki's directing is so good; it's fun how they depict tennis matches like it's the Vietnam war. Dezaki stuff is turbo charged and all the more memorable for it.

Also really glad Treasure Island got licensed, that series is fantastic, very underrated.

A bit dissapointed Discotek are working with Sion Sono in light of recent news.

My ex-wife was a big sports fan. She was from the Pittsburgh area, and we went to quite a few Pittsburgh Pirates baseball games and a couple Steelers football games as well. We had met in college at Penn State University, and after college we got season tickets to Penn State Football for 23 years, 6 or 7 games a year, and I just totally burned out on that. When we divorced I gave her my seat reservation and I never watched another sporting event, even on TV. So that's why I have zero interest in watching any sports anime - it would make me feel physically ill, lol.

My ex-wife was a big sports fan. She was from the Pittsburgh area, and we went to quite a few Pittsburgh Pirates baseball games and a couple Steelers football games as well. We had met in college at Penn State University, and after college we got season tickets to Penn State Football for 23 years, 6 or 7 games a year, and I just totally burned out on that. When we divorced I gave her my seat reservation and I never watched another sporting event, even on TV. So that's why I have zero interest in watching any sports anime - it would make me feel physically ill, lol.
You would be hard-pressed to find someone less interested in sports than me, but I enjoy quite a few sports anime. Rather than being a depiction of sport, they're more like martial arts shows where people are hitting balls instead of faces (though some balls get hit in martial arts too). You have the training arcs, the tournament arcs, the OTT special moves, and melodrama as thick as treacle. The best examples can find endless ways to add dramatic variations to the same basic actions.

Back