What manga are you reading now?

K-On! Vol 2
Reading this on and off for the last month.

My Idol Sits the Next Desk Over vol 1
I see what you were saying @Demelza about the bullying. It was certainly quite yikes at first, but as the story evolved her actions were OTT in a more dumb way that gave me a laugh instead of a cringe with the earlier violent and threatening actions. I guess you could say she never got punished in any way for those actions, and that by being the better person and trying to be friends Sakiko is basically ignoring how serious it was. Although it does seem that Sakiko has grown a little less awkward with her interactions with Maaya and Chihiro. One would hope Maaya eventually comes to her senses and apologises.
Not sure I'll keep going, but won't rule it out.

Asmodeus Will Never Give Up ch 51 - 52 (Complete)

Fairy Tail: 100 Year's Quest ch 114 - 115

Houkago no Goumon Shoujo ch 135 - 137

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch 163

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 240 - 241

Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of Another World ch 61

Tales of Wedding Ring's ch 71

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ch 99

The Princess Knight is a Classmate! Ch 50

The Rising of the Shield Hero ch 89

Full Metal Panic Forever Stand By Me parts 1 & 2 complete
And so the epic saga comes to a close. Suitably the stakes were raised to their highest level yet with their reality itself on the line. And the finale was epic! But ultimately this was a boy meets girl story (as the title of the first vol told us) and the characters are very well served here and it's a fantastic conclusion to the tale. The action is the biggest and boldest yet. The confrontations the most dramatic and cathartic. Suitably this has the longest epilogue by far of the series and we get a brief catch up with everyone to see how they're getting on in the aftermath of events and it's very nice to see after the time we've spent with everyone. I read the last 50 pages or so on the plane home yesterday and was struggling to keep it together and not cry in front of everyone lol. Still shed some tears though!

Overall this series has been fantastic and I'm delighted to have finally been able to read the end of the story years after initially starting the anime. Most importantly it was a satisfying ending that went out on a bang.

Also these hardcover omnibus editions J-novel Club have released are fantastic. They're super nice to look at and hold, the font size is easy to read, the artwork is gorgeous (all the colour images including original covers are collected at the front of each omnibus with the black and white images left on their appropriate pages within the story) and by leaving the afterwords in tact so you get a glimpse into the process as it went along. Just a great product all round and next year the first short story collection is also getting the hardcover treatment so I have even more to look forward to!

Reviews coming soon....
Lost Lad London #2 by Shima Shinya Yen Press
The Other World's Books Depend on the Bean Counter #2 by Kazuki Irodori Yen Press
WANDANCE #1 by COFFEE Kodansha
Loved Circus by Nemui Asada Tokyopop

In Another World With My Smartphone volume 26 (LN)
When Supernatural Battles Become Commonplace volume 4 (LN)
My Stepmom's Daughter is My Ex volume 4 (LN) - Really hope the anime ends with this book, it was a good stopping point.

The Other World's Books Depend on the Bean Counter volume 2 - Gotta say, I'm amazed Yen managed to get two volumes of this out in a single month! This one is just as enjoyable as the first, especially now we're getting to know each of the characters better (except the Holy Maiden I suppose).

Earthchild (WSJ, complete) - Another axed(?) Weekly Jump title. I think you could have gotten away with ending it a few chapters ago and having a more robust conclusion for it, but where it did eventually land wasn't awful. It always felt like a mini-series whatever the case.

Seaside Stranger volume 4 - Back when Volume 3 of this one came out I think I complained about the fact it was starting to jump around so much chapter to chapter, and that's a big issue I was having with Volume 4 as well. Sometimes it was hard to follow what was happening because there was an unclear transition or passage of time. o_O

Seaside Stranger volume 4 - Back when Volume 3 of this one came out I think I complained about the fact it was starting to jump around so much chapter to chapter, and that's a big issue I was having with Volume 4 as well. Sometimes it was hard to follow what was happening because there was an unclear transition or passage of time. o_O
@Demelza: Still waiting on my pre-ordered Volume 4 of Seaside Stranger (ho-hum) and spotted that there have been some printing issues which is disappointing. But I've already read this in the French edition (L'Etranger du Zephyr) from Hana (trying to do my bit to support the US edition!) and like you, I'm not that thrilled with the way the narrative's going. It loses its way and although I love the mangaka's depiction of the cats, I wish she'd do more to 'age' her central characters who still look like young teenagers (which adds to the confusion). Her panels are so busy, too - and noisy. And then there's Fumi. I wish she'd give this series a rest and try something new.

@Demelza: Still waiting on my pre-ordered Volume 4 of Seaside Stranger (ho-hum) and spotted that there have been some printing issues which is disappointing. But I've already read this in the French edition (L'Etranger du Zephyr) from Hana (trying to do my bit to support the US edition!) and like you, I'm not that thrilled with the way the narrative's going. It loses its way and although I love the mangaka's depiction of the cats, I wish she'd do more to 'age' her central characters who still look like young teenagers (which adds to the confusion). Her panels are so busy, too - and noisy. And then there's Fumi. I wish she'd give this series a rest and try something new.
Do you happen to know what the printing issues are? I hadn't heard anything about that yet.

And I can only agree with you on the rest, the mangaka isn't doing a very good job of depicting the passage of time in her art and that really needs fixing if it's going to carry on jumping forward like this. :/

Do you happen to know what the printing issues are? I hadn't heard anything about that yet.

And I can only agree with you on the rest, the mangaka isn't doing a very good job of depicting the passage of time in her art and that really needs fixing if it's going to carry on jumping forward like this. :/
I've just been back trying to find the posts (yesterday?) and I can't find them now! But there were a couple of photos, I remember, which showed some messy ink smears over some panels and other panels with white lines intersecting the images.

Found 'em! They're in the comments about the cover of the latest Heaven's Official Blessing #4 on the Seven Seas Twitter page from
Alycia "Al" Davidson ( very near the top) - I hope your copy isn't like this one! :confused:

Last edited:
I've just been back trying to find the posts (yesterday?) and I can't find them now! But there were a couple of photos, I remember, which showed some messy ink smears over some panels and other panels with white lines intersecting the images.

Found 'em! They're in the comments about the cover of the latest Heaven's Official Blessing #4 on the Seven Seas Twitter page from
Alycia "Al" Davidson ( very near the top) - I hope your copy isn't like this one! :confused:
Thanks! Thankfully my copy was fine, but such a shame to see copies in the wild with these issues. How disappointing for fans eagerly awaiting the release and Seven Seas are terrible for communicating about reprints and fixing :/

Thanks! Thankfully my copy was fine, but such a shame to see copies in the wild with these issues. How disappointing for fans eagerly awaiting the release and Seven Seas are terrible for communicating about reprints and fixing :/
I'm really glad that your copy is okay - but sometimes I wonder whether Seven Seas is trying to juggle too many projects atm? they're putting a huge amount of effort and resource into their danmei (not that that's a bad thing) but they have a lot of other titles to keep going as well!

Last edited:
Lore Olympus Volume 2 by Rachel Smythe (GN, Hardcover) - Charming and sexy with a great sense of humor and a dark side, overall I'm really enjoying this, though I'm not so sure about the violent bit at the end but if it is true to the mythology then fairs but yeah I would recommend it I'm getting a lot out of it :)

Ascendance of a Bookworm volume 21 (LN)
Holmes of Kyoto volume 11 (LN)
Love of Kill volume 9 - Now we've had a couple of volumes of post-anime content I'm really enjoying where the new arc is going.

Warlords of Sigrdrifa: Rusalka volume 1 (LN) - Halfway through the brick Yen Press put out at last! Enjoying it more than I expected because the story took an interesting direction, but more on that once I get through the second half and can review it...

Did I Seriously Just Get Reincarnated as My Gag Character?! volume 2
The Apothecary Diaries volume 6 (LN)

Back