[Overseas] Anime News & Announcements

here's to hoping MVM gets the 2nd seitokai movie and hopefully yuki yuna as i randomly discovered the other day that it shares the same composer as the nier series so i have an interest in watching it now

Madman Entertainment October 2022.
Pleasantly surprised to see that Sailor Moon set back on the schedule. I was starting to think that Madman had lost the licence. 10 months is a hefty delay though.

I wonder how the picture quality will compare to the remasters that are starting to come out in the US.

Pleasantly surprised to see that Sailor Moon set back on the schedule. I was starting to think that Madman had lost the licence. 10 months is a hefty delay though.

I wonder how the picture quality will compare to the remasters that are starting to come out in the US.

considering they are a part of the aniplex machine dont think it would take much to get it back

but no pissing off the author would help .....

The Macross panel at Anime Expo have revealed home video plans for some of the titles in the franchise.

Anime Limited will distribute Macross Plus in UK & US (Anime Ltd's Macross site mentions Movie Edition, but Blog mentions both).

Nozomi Entertainment will distribute Macross Frontier and Macross Delta in Ultra Edition box sets. More info at Rightstuf panel tomorrow.

AnimEigo will distribute Super Dimensional Fortress Macross II.

The new Macross anime project will also have plans for worldwide distribution.

dancing-cute.gif

Last edited:
The Macross panel at Anime Expo have revealed home video plans for some of the titles in the franchise.

Anime Limited will distribute Macross Plus in UK & US (Anime Ltd's Macross site mentions Movie Edition, but Blog mentions both).

Nozomi Entertainment will distribute Macross Frontier and Macross Plus in Ultra Edition box sets. More info at Rightstuf panel tomorrow.

dancing-cute.gif
Wait, so both AL and Nozomi are releasing separate Macross Plus editions in the US?!

Macross got parole from license prison and it already seems like a minefield with at least 3 separate companies releasing the series.

Wait, so both AL and Nozomi are releasing separate Macross Plus editions in the US?!

Macross got parole from license prison and it already seems like a minefield with at least 3 separate companies releasing the series.
I think that's just a typo, Nozomi are releasing Frontier and Delta.

Super hyped for Plus, I hope Anime Limited also release the other series here too.

Yep that's a typo, somehow Delta was written as Plus.

dancing-cute.gif
Ah that makes more sense 😂 it sounded weird but I wouldn't have been fully shocked if it was true.

So now we have to wait to see who's going to release Frontier / Delta in the UK.
I think if Nozomi were going to branch out and release here (like AL releasing Plus there) they'd have announced it at the same time.
If its AL I get contracts may not be signed but they NEED to say yes were are actively pursuing it before the preorders go up in the US!

Ah that makes more sense 😂 it sounded weird but I wouldn't have been fully shocked if it was true.

So now we have to wait to see who's going to release Frontier / Delta in the UK.
I think if Nozomi were going to branch out and release here (like AL releasing Plus there) they'd have announced it at the same time.
If its AL I get contracts may not be signed but they NEED to say yes were are actively pursuing it before the preorders go up in the US!
I'm confident Anime Limited will tackle the Macross titles if the US licensors are AnimEigo, Nozomi, Discotek etc. If it were Sentai then MVM would be the one, and if its Crunchymonopolyroll then it's that zombie branch.

I'm confident Anime Limited will tackle the Macross titles if the US licensors are AnimEigo, Nozomi, Discotek etc. If it were Sentai then MVM would be the one, and if its Crunchymonopolyroll then it's that zombie branch.
Yeah I'm also pretty confident theyll try but they have a terrible tendency of playing coy and just not saying anything 🤷‍♂️

I'm looking forward to Frontier and Delta, but 'Ultra Edition' is going to mean $200-300 before tax and international shipping isn't it... 😰

Hopefully Macross Plus will have both versions bundled together, since the ideal way to watch it is OAVs 1-3, then switch to the end of the movie for the improved finale. I wonder if they will be able to include the Manga UK dub. I imagine licensing that will have been complicated by Manga changing hands twice in the last year.

Poor old Animeigo getting stuck with the dregs. 😅

Nozomi Entertainment will distribute Macross Frontier and Macross Delta in Ultra Edition box sets. More info at Rightstuf panel tomorrow.

dancing-cute.gif

Macross 7 is also coming from Nozomi & Rightstuf.

UPDATE: Rightstuf have confirmed there are currently no plans to provide an English dub for Delta, Frontier & 7 at this point in time.

tumblr-inline-p8mmayrjsz1qcfonf-500_orig.gif

Ultra Edition set recaps:

Macross:Contents:
Delta
  • Episodes 1-26
  • 2 Additional Versions of Episode 1 - "Mission 0.89" and "Mission 1+" Versions
  • Artbox
  • Loads More
Frontier
  • Episodes 1-25
  • 2 Additional Versions of Episode 1 - "Yack Deculture" and ""Deculture" Versions
  • Pachinko/Pachislot Music Clips
  • All That VF Music Video
  • Artbox
  • And more
7Box 1:
  • Episodes 1-29
  • Macross 7 Plus Shorts
  • Try Again
  • Artbox
  • And more
Box 2:
  • Episodes 30-49
  • Encore
  • Macross 7 Plus Shorts
  • Artbox
  • And more

Meanwhile in the world of Gundam, Rightstuf will also distribute Gundam Build Divers re:RISE, Mobile Suit Gundam-San, and SD Gundam Sangokuden: Brave Battle Warriors on Blu-ray.

Last edited:
Macross 7 is also coming from Nozomi & Rightstuf.

UPDATE: Rightstuf have confirmed there are currently no plans to provide an English dub for Delta, Frontier & 7 at this point in time.

tumblr-inline-p8mmayrjsz1qcfonf-500_orig.gif

Ultra Edition set recaps:

Macross:Contents:
Delta
  • Episodes 1-26
  • 2 Additional Versions of Episode 1 - "Mission 0.89" and "Mission 1+" Versions
  • Artbox
  • Loads More
Frontier
  • Episodes 1-25
  • 2 Additional Versions of Episode 1 - "Yack Deculture" and ""Deculture" Versions
  • Pachinko/Pachislot Music Clips
  • All That VF Music Video
  • Artbox
  • And more
7Box 1:
  • Episodes 1-29
  • Macross 7 Plus Shorts
  • Try Again
  • Artbox
  • And more
Box 2:
  • Episodes 30-49
  • Encore
  • Macross 7 Plus Shorts
  • Artbox
  • And more

Meanwhile in the world of Gundam, Rightstuf will also distribute Gundam Build Divers re:RISE, Mobile Suit Gundam-San, and SD Gundam Sangokuden: Brave Battle Warriors on Blu-ray.
Wow, we've abruptly gone from famine to flood (or the US has anyway). That's going to be a lot of expensive, oversized boxes to import, or likely years waiting to see if UK releases are announced for any of them.

Crunchyroll October 2022 schedule.

4th October:
Kingdom Season 3 Part 2 (Blu-ray)
One Piece Season 12 Part 1 (Blu-ray/DVD)
Zombieland Saga Revenge (Blu-ray)

11th October:
Free! Road to the World The Dream Movie (Blu-ray)
Ranking of King's Season 1 Part 1 (Blu-ray/DVD)
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 Part 2 (Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD)
That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 Part 2 (Standard Blu-ray/DVD)
The Vampire Dies in No Time Season 1 (Blu-ray)

18th October:
Fruits Basket Season 3 (Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD)
Fruits Basket Season 3 (Standard Blu-ray/DVD)

25th October:
Higurashi When They Cry SOTSU Season 2 (Blu-ray)
Love Live! Superstar!! Season 1 (Blu-ray)
Scarlet Nexus Season 1 Part 1 (Blu-ray)

0aeacbdc5c03d27a08d7b19d3457d0e61657797855_main.jpg1bf7e73d5e0fbcebba5f5a24539166af1657905287_main.jpgfb25c5024b9ac0387924f9ac7bdd5bae1657905260_main.jpg989e6f89b17c802c6557aa67653d53481657797941_main.jpg1f53ad97c4d985738618887693c9e7ca1657797966_main.jpg62f8e16693f7836007b124a1aa82b6c51657822886_main.jpgc7a58d867c123f01db82034eb941d21f1657798164_main.jpgd093c010428b88beced4b07c27dfd70d1657798236_main.jpg0d69fab0f62ad2b085c02a006b3cee6d1657798196_main.jpg

Does anyone know if Horimiya, The Heike Story, Kageki Shojo!! and Komi Can't Communicate (nevermind the last - Netflix...) are getting physical releases?
Kageki Shojo!! is out now in the US, while the others (not Komi) are scheduled for probably early 2023 based on the timing of their airing (Horimiya may make it to the end of this year, but December tends to be a smaller batch due to Christmas so it's either November or next Winter).

None of these have been licensed in the UK nor are there any plans to do so.

Back