UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

MVM as well AL will eventually be back at conventions like MCM or HyperJapan.
It's just Funiroll playing the quiet game now.
They must be scared of the fans at this point that demand a lot.

So I just checked United publications crunchyroll releases and for the first time mvm has pretty much almost price matched everything once you take shipping into account.

Crunchyroll have finally updated the PS4 app to the new version that mobile and FireStick (and others I'm guessing) have had for a while. The video is a bit choppy, but at least doesn't crash like on my FireStick, yet, I've only watched one episode so far. The new Watchlist brings back a feature of the old app in that new videos go to the top of the queue rather than having to go through the list to find them (and hope you remember correctly that this is a new episode).

BTW shouldn't this thread be renamed by now? Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK is a bit of a mouthful though how about CrunchyFunGa UK? 😜

So I just checked United publications crunchyroll releases and for the first time mvm has pretty much almost price matched everything once you take shipping into account.
Yeah pretty much all CR/Funi releases on UP1 have increased recently for whatever reason. Demon Slayer movie basically went up by £10, seems they only offer a 30% discount on CR/Funi releases now, used to be 45% (Anime Limited stuff is still that 45%). Why that's increased I dunno but it's annoying lol.

Yeah, but this is about the app released by the company which fits under Anime Industry Discussion, rather than the actual anime on the site.
Anyway I knew it wouldn't last, now my housemate is home the PlayStation is struggling because of too many devices attached to the WiFi being on at the same time. It seems to struggle with more intensive use which the updated app appears to be doing, probably why the app on the FireStick crashes as it's the cheaper version of the FireStick. The old version of the app never had this problem.
So I'm getting SD or buffering nearly all the time. I tried the website through the browser and it seems better, but the subtitles are delayed either a few seconds which is annoying enough, but sometimes long enough to miss a sentence before catching up a lightning speed skipping the next sentence as well.
May have to look "elsewhere" when we're both at home as the videos stream differently, course I'll still be paying Crunchyroll for a crap service and thus for the actual stuff I'm watching. Hopefully they'll eventually fix it, but not holding out out hope. The next update will probably "improve it" even more and render it entirely unplayable on the PS4!
Just recently signed a new contract with BT because my old hub was dying. Maybe when it runs out it will finally be time to go Full Fibre.

Last edited:
You could be left with the Xbox One version, it's been broken since day one and has never been fixed.

The timeline resets to 0 if you fully watch a video so the next episode won't be set in queue.

If the video doesn't load within 5 seconds it will buffer indefinitely.

Login tokens are broken so it will not auto log you back in if you go to the login screen after your token had expired.

I'm sure there's more bugs as well.

So I just messaged funimation uk on twitter
Is funimation no longer making announcements?
The reason I ask is that your last tweet was on the 31st of May
I know you have crunchyroll but that only focuses on usa streaming and nothing to do with uk physical media releases.

Does anyone know if you're actually able to contact Crunchyroll UK?

So I just messaged funimation uk on twitter
Is funimation no longer making announcements?
The reason I ask is that your last tweet was on the 31st of May
I know you have crunchyroll but that only focuses on usa streaming and nothing to do with uk physical media releases.

Does anyone know if you're actually able to contact Crunchyroll UK?
Funimation doesn’t exist since it got rolled into Crunchyroll, CR handle our physical releases now as well. Unsure how you’d get in touch with them beyond the US avenues though since they don’t seem to have a UK social presence.

watching Hinamatsuri on blu-ray and i've noticed something strange that randomly the ED will be in japanese rather than english with the black screen and white text with the english credits after it, anyone know why this is? it's not the case of a soft ending either cause it's the same thing from what i can tell

i don't know if i'm remembering incorrectly but i'm sure it's the OP that has a slightly different variation each episode

For anyone wanting to see Dragon Ball Super dubbed, the first 3 series have been added for free (and with no ads) to BBC iPlayer.

I'd assume more sagas will get added as it notes the CBBC logo on the page. Hopefully there isn't any censored content.

Weird to see Dragon Ball on the BBC iPlayer! Also weird to think of Super being people's first introduction to the series, but then looking at the overall Dragon Ball story it was weird for Z to be most people's introduction and that worked out well...

I'm just amazed it's on cbbc at all. Obviously I haven't watched it in years but I never imagined they would want a show like that even when censored. citv maybe but cbbc turned down sesame street because they didn't think it was a good show for education and now they've got a show that years ago they wouldn't have put on because as a public broadcaster they would have been scared of parents complaining about the violence and would have much rather left that to the private sector.

Still in will be funny seeing young kids watch this ask there parents for the dvd/blu-ray only for the parents to find there to young for it.

What am I saying kids don't watch discs anymore.

Last edited:
Back