Announcement #5 | Aho Girl
TV Series Coming to Blu-ray (HD)
  • Japanese with English subtitles
  • Special Features include Clean OP/ED, Promo Clips
  • Limited to 1500 units
  • August 2022 release window.
Aho Girl is a definite buy for me. It's five years old at this point, so I'm surprised it's getting licensed now. Maybe the cost of licensing it dropped or it was bundled in with something else.

It's a shame that they didn't mention Gunbuster even for an update. I wonder if it's going to slip to next year.

I'm super happy to see Planet With finally getting a release. The show was a darling of anitwitter, but pretty much ignored by the wider fandom. It probably won't be a huge seller, but it's welcome news to the faithful.

Unfortunately that does make it's potential release in the UK even less likely. Honestly, I was hoping Sentai would pick it up so there would more chance of it falling into MVM's hands. That seems far less likely now,

Well, now that one show has finally escaped the Crunchy/Funi divirce black hole, I'll have keep my eyes out for whether this could lead to potential future news re: the likes Yuru Camp or Further than the Universe

i'm gonna be one of those 1500 owners, i love Hiroyuki's series, just wish Kodansha would license comic artist over here and consider a physical release of Girlfriend, Girlfriend, will be interesting to see with the crunchy/funi merge what happens with Girlfriend, Girlfriend

The Flying Phantom Ship is great news and all (and I always moan about something!) but I'd have thought we'd get Hakujaden or The Little Prince and the Eight-Headed Dragon before that, considering they've had recent 4K restorations. The Puss in Boots films have been restored by Toei recently as well, though I've not heard anything about Flying Phantom Ship.

6htv8f.jpg

OMG my friend was talking about that one a few weeks ago! Yeah it looks pretty fun and ridiculous I'd like to see it - tbf Virtua Fighter is supposed to be a blast too :)
I loved Ultimate Muscle! It never ever got a full DVD release (and even the manga was pretty hard to get and isn't available digitally) and it's probably the show I want more than anything else 😅

Virtua Fighter does look interesting though!

DISCOTEK PANEL: MAY 2022 EDITION:

Discotek went to a US convention (Anime Boston) so their panel was early enough for us to even be awake for it!

Announcement #1 | Planet With
  • Special Features include Clean OP/ED, Promo Clips, Alternate Finale Episode with Different Music Cues
Announcement #2 | Lupin the Third: Dead or Alive
Film Coming to Blu-ray (HD)
  • Japanese with English subtitles + Funimation English dub
  • A Funimation license rescue! One of the films they once released in the US.
  • Extras include Monkey Punch Interview, Trailers, Art Gallery & Credits.
  • 2022 release window.
Announcement #3 | Lupin the Third vs Detective Conan TV Special
TV Special Coming to Blu-ray (HD) [Previously released by Discotek]
  • Japanese with English subtitles + English dub from TMS (same team who dubbed the recent Conan films and Lupin specials).
  • This is the prequel to the 2013 film Lupin vs Conan the Movie.
  • "Extensively remastered for HD with framerate fixes, recomposited credit sequences, and a new upscale to 1080p with the amazing AstroRes"
  • Special Features include Liner Notes, Creditless OP/ED.
Announcement #4 | Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture
Film Coming to Limited Edition Blu-ray Steelbook format [Previously released by Discotek]
  • Japanese with English subtitles + Viz English dub
  • Extras include Remastered Trailers.
PRINT RUN WARNING NOTICE
  • "For certain titles, we'll be focusing on smaller print runs. The previously announced Heart & Yummie collection will be limited to 2000 units. Holmes of Kyoto and Fuse: Memoirs of a Hunter Girl will be limited to 1500 units. These limited releases will be individually numbered. If you want to lock yours in, pre-order now."
Announcement #5 | Aho Girl
  • Special Features include Clean OP/ED, Promo Clips
  • Limited to 1500 units
Announcement #6 | Shogun's Samurai (live-action)
Film Coming to Blu-ray (HD) for Nihon Nights label
  • Directed by Kinji Fukasaku (Battles without Honor & Humanity, Battle Royale) and stars Sonny Chiba.
  • Newly translated subtitles.
  • Special Features include Trailers
  • Fall 2022 release window.
Announcement #7 | Beelzebub
TV Series Coming to SD Blu-ray [Previously released by Discotek]
  • Japanese with English subtitles.
  • All 60 episodes in Standard Definition on Blu-ray
  • Special Features include Clean OP/ED and Omake Clips
Status Update #1 | Urusei Yatsura Films
  • Movies 1-4 are now out on Blu-ray.
  • "Movie 5: The Final Chapter and Movie 6: Always My Darling are almost ready"
  • "Each movie will include the Japanese version with subtitles, plus the AnimEigo dubbed version, in 16:9 1080p"
  • Other features TBD
  • "Add them to your list and complete your Urusei Yatsura movie collection".
Status Update #2 | Project A-Ko 2
  • "Just a quick reminder that, in addition to our ridiculously loaded Project A-Ko Blu-ray, we're almost ready to release Project A-Ko 2: Plot of the Daitokuji Financial Group on remastered Blu-ray."
Announcement #8 | Symphogear AXZ
  • In Japanese with English subtitles.
  • This is the fourth season of the franchise.
  • Just like previous sets, a bunch of stuff included on the discs.
  • Special Features include Omake Clips, Promos, Premiere Event Clips & More.
Announcement #9 | The Flying Phantom Ship
Film Coming to Blu-ray (HD)
  • In Japanese with English subtitles + new English dub from Kocha Sound.
  • Directed by Hiroshi Ikeda in 1969 with studio Toei Animation.
  • Robot design work done by Hayao Miyazaki.
  • Late 2022 release window.
Announcement #10 | Virtua Fighter
TV Series Coming to SD Blu-ray
  • Japanese with English subtitles + English dub for those first 24 episodes.
  • All 35 episodes in Standard Definition on Blu-ray
  • Special Features TBD
  • 2022 release window.

Discotek's August 2022 line-up was revealed during the panel.

AnimeSRPAudio/SubsContentFormat
Aho Girl???Japanese
with English Subs
12 episodesBlu-ray
1500 UNITS ONLY
Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture???English & Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
Steelbook
Fuse: Memories of a Hunter Girl???Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
1500 UNITS ONLY
Lupin the Third vs Detective Conan TV Special???English & Japanese
with English Subs
TV SpecialBlu-ray
Planet With???English
with English HOH Subs
12 episodesBlu-ray
Project A-Ko 2???English & Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray

I'm super happy to see Planet With finally getting a release. The show was a darling of anitwitter, but pretty much ignored by the wider fandom. It probably won't be a huge seller, but it's welcome news to the faithful.

Also very happy to hear about Planet With getting a rather unexpected release! Right, could you guys please advise the best way and which sellers to buy and import discotek titles?

Also very happy to hear about Planet With getting a rather unexpected release! Right, could you guys please advise the best way and which sellers to buy and import discotek titles?

If you're in the UK I'd suggest you just wait for Amazon US to sell it through their UK site - might not be the cheapest but they do take care of all the fees and if you're a bit patient delivery is free (or you can pay for faster delivery). Other than that, UP1 https://www.up1.co.uk/ are decent and if it says it's in stock/immediate dispatch or something else meaning the same on their UK website then it will reach you quickly as that means they have copies available to ship from within the UK :) DGMW if someone else knows of other better options then please take their advice over mine but that's what I'd recommend, that or a seller on Ebay called toysandfilms Items for sale by toysandfilms | eBay but word to the wise - choose the more expensive postage option if you order from them, to minimize the chances of things getting lost in the post (I got a full refund when this happened tbf but obviously not ideal not getting the item one has ordered to say the least, whereas everytime I chose the paid postage option the item did actually arrive). I believe @Darren Skippings and/or @Denny Fisher know the toysandfilms seller and can also vouch for them :)

With Discotek titles I tend to make one big yearly order via Rightstuf that I save up for. They tend to do one or two Discotek-centric sales per year I believe.

Last edited:
toysandfilms (4our services ltd) are pretty reliable.
I've spoken to Chris a while back as I use to pickup Australian releases aswell. I believe there's a contact number but it was a while ago since I used it, check his sellers info for more info
He rarely replies from his actual email address so your best bet is to message him directly on eBay if you have any concerns.

With Discotek titles I tend to make one big yearly order via Rightstuf that I save up for. They tend to do one or two Discotek-centric sales per year I believe.

for those of us in AUS i think on there Ebay store they always charge about $29USD for postage and i also have to pay 10% tax across the total cost if i recall , was going to ask who could advise on where to import from at my End of the pond ? :p iv been using rightstuff as the item cost itself was cheaper than amazon and in stock .....

Discotek's August 2022 line-up is now available.

Aho Girl$29.95Japanese
with English Subs
12 episodesBlu-ray
1500 UNITS ONLY
Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture$49.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
Steelbook
Fuse: Memories of a Hunter Girl$24.95Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
1500 UNITS ONLY
Kaiba$39.95Japanese
with English Subs
12 episodesBlu-ray
(Re-release)
Lupin the Third vs Detective Conan TV Special$29.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
TV SpecialBlu-ray
Planet With$39.95English
with English HOH Subs
12 episodesBlu-ray
Project A-Ko 2$24.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray

Discotek's August 2022 line-up is now available.

Aho Girl$29.95Japanese
with English Subs
12 episodesBlu-ray
1500 UNITS ONLY
Fatal Fury: The Motion Picture$49.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
Steelbook
Fuse: Memories of a Hunter Girl$24.95Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
1500 UNITS ONLY
Kaiba$39.95Japanese
with English Subs
12 episodesBlu-ray
(Re-release)
Lupin the Third vs Detective Conan TV Special$29.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
TV SpecialBlu-ray
Planet With$39.95English
with English HOH Subs
12 episodesBlu-ray
Project A-Ko 2$24.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
FilmBlu-ray
According to their Facebook post about Aho Girl, it looks like it's 2,000 units now. I guess they underestimated how many people want to watch an idiot eating bananas.

Discotek's September 2022 line-up is now available.

Beelzebub$59.95Japanese
with English Subs
60 episodesSD Blu-ray
Konosuba Season 2$69.95English & Japanese
with English Subs
10 episodes
& OVA
Blu-ray
Steelbook
Saiyuki Reload GunLock$39.95English & Japanese
with English Subs