UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Anime Limited sent out a email to those that pre-ordered, confirming the ost would no longer be included in the collector's edition, and they offered a partial refund of £10 to those who wanted to keep their pre-orders, or a full refund if people wanted to cancel their order.

No, it hasn't been sent yet, as this month's blog post has Blood-C's release date as tbc.
Can you point to said Blog entry ?

Which one is more likely to license Sound! Euphonium Season 2 and Liz and the Blue Bird movie for home video release: Crunchyroll/Funimation or Anime Limited?

Which one is more likely to license Sound! Euphonium Season 2 and Liz and the Blue Bird movie for home video release: Crunchyroll/Funimation or Anime Limited?
Probably neither of them. The Season 1 Collector's Edition sold poorly for Anime Limited, so I doubt Season 2 or either of the two movies will see a UK home video release.

Nozomi had some kind of historical linguist consulting for the series, to help instruct the voice actors in using period-era dialects. But even so, I'm sure the accents will still sound a bit off to natural-born Brits, because I do believe most if not all the voice actors used were American.
With the exception of Emma herself, Eileen Montgomery is actually British

I used the contact us form on AL shop website to find out how I get a replacement disc 5 for Evangelion, and the response was "Can you confirm the issue that you're having with your specific copy of this disc, so that we can look into this for you?"

I was under the impression that they know what the issue is.

It's subtitles missing on an extra, correct? and which extra?

I have the Zavvi CE by the way.

I used the contact us form on AL shop website to find out how I get a replacement disc 5 for Evangelion, and the response was "Can you confirm the issue that you're having with your specific copy of this disc, so that we can look into this for you?"

Yeah the issue is the missing subtitles for a deleted live-action scene for The End of Evangelion (which if I remember right is about 15-30 minutes long?) on Disc 5.

Despite the 'some copies' mention, all versions across all English-speaking territories (so UK, US & Australia) had this issue.

I used the contact form on their website a while ago (maybe a month ago) to request to be added to the list of people who wanted a replacement Eva Disc 5 but never heard back. I also haven’t been sent a replacement, so I guess I need to try again or figure out the email address to use.

They're basically just wanting to verify that you own it and aren't scrounging free anime. I'd send them a screenshot or photo of the extra in question.

Still need to look at mine, hasn't been out of the box.

I got the same question when I asked, and I’d purchased directly from AtA, so I think they’re just asking everyone. Once I stated the issue I got a polite response saying that I’d been added to the list.

Re El-Hazard, I asked a while ago but got no response, so I just imported the Nozomi release instead. I have their release of The Wanderers on pre-order as well.

Does anyone know if they’ve said they have Lupin the 3rd Part 1? I also have the US release pre-ordered but will happily knock that one in the head if an AL version is coming. Seems likely given the amount of other Lupin stuff they’re releasing, but I can’t remember Part 1 being mentioned…

Re El-Hazard, I asked a while ago but got no response, so I just imported the Nozomi release instead. I have their release of The Wanderers on pre-order as well.

Does anyone know if they’ve said they have Lupin the 3rd Part 1? I also have the US release pre-ordered but will happily knock that one in the head if an AL version is coming. Seems likely given the amount of other Lupin stuff they’re releasing, but I can’t remember Part 1 being mentioned…
Regarding El-Hazard I know one of the Anime Limited staff members is a massive fan of the franchise and since it's a Nozomi title, the chances of the rest coming over to the UK are pretty good, but it'll be a matter of timing I suppose (since atm they're focused on the other Nozomi series Emma: A Victorian Romance). AL in general seem to be focusing more on Vinyl compared to previous years so from my perspective there's less focus on the Blu-ray side this time around.

As for Lupin, they haven't said anything in regards to Part I, but the previous hint was the Lupin the IIIrd Koike trilogy (Jigen's Gravestone, Goemon's Blood Spray, Fujiko's Lie) would be next 'after The Woman Called Fujiko Mine' but that was a few years ago. Part I does have a good chance because it's only 23 episodes with a dub, but right now it's just a matter of patience though saying that I don't blame anyone for not waiting any longer and going for the Discotek releases instead.

I’ll probably end up doing what I did with the Magnificent World, imported and then swapped out for the AL release when it became available. Handily, my brother loves El-Hazard too so the discs don’t go to waste.

Lupin, I’ll probably just pick up the Disco release. My Lupin collection is a mixture of Disco and AL anyway, so going that way for Part 1 won’t make that much difference.

Emma, I got the chipboard box/book edition from the Kickstarter campaign so I’ll probably pass on the AL release I think.

While the monthly announcement said that Future Boy Conan Part 2 would have an early bird price of £49.99, this has increased to £59.99 on the product page

Back