UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Got an email telling me that In/Spectre, which was due for release in 3 days time, is being put back until June 13th;
The release date of this title has been moved to allow additional time for the authoring of the Blu-rays within this release, to ensure that the final product can offer the high level of quality you would expect from our releases.
Being so close to release, seems very likely that the discs were already pressed and packaged, but they found some issue and they're re-doing them entirely?

I'm perfectly okay with this, I'd much prefer a release delay than one with problems, just curious how it came so close to the release deadline before the issue was discovered or the decision to fix it was taken...

For my money, Hosoda's films started to go downhill once he took full control of the scripts. BaTB and Mirai were insufferable for me, and were a major downgrade compared to his previous films. I'll give him one last shot with Belle, and if I don't like it, I'll avoid Hosoda's future output.

Got an email telling me that In/Spectre, which was due for release in 3 days time, is being put back until June 13th;
Being so close to release, seems very likely that the discs were already pressed and packaged, but they found some issue and they're re-doing them entirely?

I'm perfectly okay with this, I'd much prefer a release delay than one with problems, just curious how it came so close to the release deadline before the issue was discovered or the decision to fix it was taken...
I brought it up about a week ago they'd gone radio silent on this so close to launch and apparently a rep said in the discord it was delayed.

So they knew then but didn't bother telling anyone who'd preordered or even updating the date on the product page.

Like you say I'm all for a delay if it improves the product but AL's customer communication has reverted back years recently.

For my money, Hosoda's films started to go downhill once he took full control of the scripts. BaTB and Mirai were insufferable for me, and were a major downgrade compared to his previous films. I'll give him one last shot with Belle, and if I don't like it, I'll avoid Hosoda's future output.

i liked boy and the Beast Mirai i wasn't So big on ....

summer wars and girl leapt thro time are some of my Favs of his Belle is up there as well ....

Did AL release Judan Chan/Charger Girl Ju-den Chan or am I going crazy and getting it mixed up with another show they licensed at also had a girl with a socket plug tail? I swore they had a show that featured a girl with a socket plug tail but just can not find anything on it

Edit: Okay you know what I do believe I'm thinking of Angelic Layer, I do not know how I got those two mixed up 😂

Last edited:
Will AL be able to keep UK licenses for Nijigasaki and Liella and release them even though Funi and CR are now merged?
Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club and Love Live! Superstar were both acquired directly by Sunrise and Bandai Namco, so Crunchyroll will only have US & Canadian rights (& Australia & New Zealand for that region with Madman) to those respective series.

Has anyone filled out the survey AL sent out by email yet? If so, when you finished it did you receive any confirmation to say that your entry had been received? It just loads out to a blank page for me.

AL really doesn't want me to tell them i buy CD soundtracks, the survey had an option for soundtracks on vinyl and other music on vinyl...
I get that they’re focussed on flogging the plastic discs to collectors, but not only do they also sell cds, but not only do they feature in collectors editions / ultimate editions, but they tend to also be a big part of the Japanese releases in the first place.

The AL webstore listing for the CE of Belle has been updated, the price is now £49.99 with a SRP of £69.99.View attachment 23954

I'm at least seriously considering buying it at this EB price, even though I haven't seen the film yet - I would consider this a reasonable price for a nice edition like this of a favourite anime film of mine, but I am kinda hoping the booklet will end up with more pages. Wondering if they will do bundles with additional very limited products as well (I emphasise I have no idea at all whether they will or won't am just thinking out loud as AL have done this with some of their other releases of anime films) :)

Back