UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

MVM are having a dvd sale with a lot of sets being reduced to £2 from £30-£40.

Keep in mind that some (specifically; the live-action titles) have been at the £2 price point for yonks.

I wonder if this means they’re depreciating the DVD format and going Blu-ray only, or moving to having both types in a single release (instead of two versions of each)?

Keep in mind that some (specifically; the live-action titles) have been at the £2 price point for yonks.

I wonder if this means they’re depreciating the DVD format and going Blu-ray only, or moving to having both types in a single release (instead of two versions of each)?
They started phasing out dvd releases years ago. The only recent dvd titles have been dvd only and if a blu ray is available it's only blu ray.

They have DVD sales every so often at this sort of price range (probably about the same time as it was last year).
But they will be aware DVD's take up storage that could be used for other content like Blu-ray and CE's which are considered higher value merchandise and more cost effective storage because of that.
But yes as WMD said they are phasing DVD out where possible but they do still have the odd DVD only releases, depends on there options and if there is an already authored Blu-ray release.

Tsuredure Children - essentials £12.99 from otaku.co.uk (may take a while to get too you)

Also:
Code breaker LE £11:
Haganai S2 LE:
strike withces S1, S2 essentials £13 each

Last edited:
Tsuredure Children - essentials £12.99 from otaku.co.uk (may take a while to get too you)

Also:
Code breaker LE £11:
Haganai S2 LE:
strike withces S1, S2 essentials £13 each
are these recent price drops or stuff you happened to look for and posted because they were low prices? i ask cause i bought Keijo the other day and looked on the site just now and it's back at double the price

are these recent price drops or stuff you happened to look for and posted because they were low prices? i ask cause i bought Keijo the other day and looked on the site just now and it's back at double the price
Was looking for something else and price checking a few things after browsing Deep discount and WOWHD which both add VAT and deep dscount adds postage but is in dollars, so sometimes simlar prices hence checked otaku.co.uk.
But I find Otaku.co.uk often do a very close price match to rightstuf for some items (so in this case I assume it's price matching Haganai and code breakers as they are in rightstufs clearance and have been for a while) and honestly after tax and postage from rightstuf it's way cheaper.
I have a search bookmark for otaku.co.uk which gives me a bit more of a browse catalog, (unfortunatly I don't like their browse feature or I can never get it too be helpful for me)

But I believe they are recent price drops (but haven't been tracking them, but also pretty good prices considering they are imports) and as you say prices may change after a day or so (I'm guessing depends on where they source it from).

I got this email from RightStuf, and foolishly went a bit crazy. How crazy I will only know when this lot arrives:

Haganai Season 2 Limited Edition Blu-Ray/DVD $10
$25 Blind Box Bargain Item (2) $37.50
$10 Blind Box Bargain Item (5) $15.70
Order Total
Subtotal: $63.20
Tax and Duty: $13.15
Shipping: $44.23

Grand Total: $120.58
Yep I got that email too and was kinda tempted by it as well.
Some of the rightstuf Limited edition for around that $10 mark maybe similar prices at otaku.co.uk (especially if that the only item your buying as no tax or shipping cost), but you've got a fair whack of extra with it so shouldn't be too differnt
Still undecided my self on if I want to go for it only done I think the $5 box before (and it was just a free with the order), although the item was reasonable (Part 1 from the new world Blu-ray)

CEX can be very hit & miss when it comes to Anime. Some titles can be reasonably priced compared to buying new, although sometimes those titles can be limited stock (as generally if they are selling it cheap, they purchased it cheap and some people might not want to sell at such a low price). Other titles can be nearly the same price (sometimes more) than buying it new from the likes of Amazon or other online retailers.

Hmm, does this count as a bargain?
Ordered a DVD from Australia on eBay. In the time it took the seller to go to the post office, realise the postage would be almost as much as the DVD, and rush back home and cancel the sale claiming the DVD was "lost", the exchange rate was such that I was refunded a whole 8p more than I'd paid! :cool:

CEX can be very hit & miss when it comes to Anime. Some titles can be reasonably priced compared to buying new, although sometimes those titles can be limited stock (as generally if they are selling it cheap, they purchased it cheap and some people might not want to sell at such a low price). Other titles can be nearly the same price (sometimes more) than buying it new from the likes of Amazon or other online retailers.

yeh their prices are all over the place, but they do adjust them regularly depending on ... I have no idea, it feels just as random!
so I have found it worthwhile to keep a wantlist on their site sorted by lowest price to keep an eye out for when things get to "bargain" status

Kakegurui Season 1 Collectors Limited Edition is only £18.58 on Amazon UK

I seem to recall this being much more expensive from Anime Limited themselves when it was first announced. Like 35 quid right? Its 42 quid on their webstore right now. Seems like a good offer to me.

Back