UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Just received notice that Josee has moved to March 14th
Crap. Oh well, at least the US standard release has already shipped out earlier this week, and is on the way to me as we speak - I should receive my copy tomorrow. That'll hold me over until I get the luxurious UK release in my mitts...

I actually just showed this to the next door neighbor girl yesterday in an impromptu movie matinee in my theater, although she had to watch it subtitled, when she is not so good with subtitles. I could have waited until I got the Blu-ray so she could have watched it dubbed, but I was too anxious for her to see it, and didn't want to wait. Fortunately, this move has very short sentences to subtitle, and they stay on the screen for a long time - there's no rapid-fire subtitles in this movie, so she had no problem at all with them. She loved the movie, and told me it was a great pick!

I just saw an advert for Belle on TikTok and one of the comments says "Is this about Belle Delphine?" and I can't stop laughing about it.

(Maybe be careful Googling her if you don't know who she is)

Opened up my Eva UE and pretty much every disk has light scratches on it, disk 10 being pretty bad. Enough to affect playback? I dunno but can't say I'm too impressed. The foam things on the first disk cutout also seem to be well off centre and putting the disk back in was a pain, the edge of the disk hits the edge of the cutout, probably going to have to try and reglue the foam parts centred myself, which is kinda ridiculous for such an expensive product, sloppy as hell.

I wonder if their release of In/Spectre is going to be an all new authoring, as I read a while ago that Viz's release is not that great.
They said on the discord that they're self-authoring.

Last edited:
When I decided to buy Vampire Hunter D on vinyl, I added it to my cart and ... it was sold out. I am guilty of myself for delaying that much, but I was unlucky anyway xD

Opened up my Eva UE and pretty much every disk has light scratches on it, disk 10 being pretty bad. Enough to affect playback? I dunno but can't say I'm too impressed. The foam things on the first disk cutout also seem to be well off centre and putting the disk back in was a pain, the edge of the disk hits the edge of the cutout, probably going to have to try and reglue the foam parts centred myself, which is kinda ridiculous for such an expensive product, sloppy as hell.

They said on the discord that they're self-authoring.
Did you get a later batch one?
I ask because my ‘early’ set had pretty much the same issue (or worse; if yours are just a couple of mm out and hitting the edge), and one of the lists I’m on is for fixed / replacement parts. I was wondering / hoping things had been fixed…

Specifically; in that the disc holders were misaligned sufficiently for some of the discs not to fit, let alone be retained during transport (although I guess the book format stopped them rattling about), and it obviously means the can’t currently be stored or displayed.
The ones that do fit are as you describe and just a couple of millimetres out means they touch the edge of the cutout, or can be pushed sufficiently to slip in.

If you haven’t already; I’d suggest emailing them, as it’s one of the problems that they appear to be aware of.

Last edited:
@Magical Senshi - I really enjoyed the series, but it's not for everyone. A lot of people got put off because the show focused on one long storyline instead of being episodic like the initial episode or two suggested it would be. I'd definitely encourage watching some of it on Crunchyroll to see how you gel with the cast first. :)

In/Spectre
one long storyline instead of being episodic
Yeah, after the first episode I really thought it was going to be an interesting watch then after 2 short stories the rest was one long arc with the characters talking tactics over and over again with one episode of them just in a hotel room and another sat in a car. I was surprised to find out it was a manga adaptation and not a LN adaptation with how much talking and how little action there was! Needless to say it was boring as sin! I gave it a 5.

Back