UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

How are the media holders processed? Are the cut-outs clean?
Seemingly... except, in my case, where there was some kind of residue in one of them, possibly leading to a disc being scratched heavily from that and, when used, exhibits heavy visual & audio corruption at points and a half minute lockup. there were also scratches on a number of the discs as well but perhaps nothing major.

How are the media holders processed? Are the cut-outs clean?
My box was fine. The rubber nubs that hold the discs in place are a little tight but that's better than the discs rattling around. The card was immaculate in mine. I was impressed with the box after the cheap looking outer box for Eureka 7 and Wolf's Rain (IMO).

So, here's something. Regarding the EVA UE, many may have been put off by the size of the thing. GKIDS before release put out this tweet suggesting the release was around 15 inches tall meaning it wouldn't fit in a lot of containers that folks have (like the Ikea Kallax for example).

I can confirm this is wrong, it's around 12.3 inches or 31cm (maybe a little more but not much at all) tall and is very close to a standard vinyl LP size in terms of height. So will fit in a Kallax etc.

It sounds like they were giving the dimensions of the outer cardboard shipping box instead of the dimensions of the boxset itself...

Andrew trashing a £200 box set is so f*cking metal! Should have recorded it & used it to advertise AL's extensive product testing.
Wanting to be sure proper rugby technique was applied in the testing phase, and I wasn't being placated with sweet words, halfheartedly divebombed onto my bed holding Eva before unpacking. No discs loose on arrival, none after. 'Tis much too heavy to try repeatedly so contented myself with just the one go.

The issue with the disc holders seems to be when the discs are removed and put back on, 'tis noticeable part of the foam sometimes gets pushed down and slightly stuck under one side; meaning the full girth of the foamy nobs is not holding in place correctly. I do believe one of Noname or Space Dandy - referring to his KnK set - mentioned this; needing to push down on nobs to get to grip?... Either way, the nobs glued onto cardboard seem secure enough at a glance, albeit at risk of impotence with age.
Since pushing down on nobs is most unpleasant and risks wear, I strongly suggest when placing the discs back onto nobs, you apply the two-finger-even-weight-both-sides technique. Seems to help with the foam refilling properly at the disc centers. Did note a small scratch after trying to pry one disc loose, and haven't tested them yet, but no major red flags.

Overall, happy. 'Twas never in doubt, honestly--I know not why others, and certainly not meeeeee, were so worried~
I was going to praise Andrew for remembering to put something on the spine, unlike my poor Gankutsou steelbook with just a hinge to show itself with (to hide its shame, I had it face forwards on top of my unit, only for it to inevitably fall and faceplant, before I abandoned that idea). Then I remembered; the Eva UE has a multi-region design.
Alas, I'll instead say Anime Limited did a highly professional job, even somehow avoiding what seemed a certain delay... minus the poor 500/1500 souls cast mercilessly adrift, that is. Would be rude to complain. That said, noticed the bottom left corner was slightly dented, with some corner polystyrene thingys loose. Maybe I got the copy Andrew practiced with....

Last edited:
My copy of the UE went on an exciting all-day journey with the delivery driver, but they decided it wasn't worth stopping at my home (I don't know if this was the box's decision or the driver's) and now they're back at the depot. Thanks, Fedex.

If it never arrived would actually suspect Royal Mail or whatvere courier they used weren't able to deliver it for whatever reason and returned to sender.
Most likely An Post sent it back for not having a digtal copy of the cn22 customs form. They've been very incompetent wrt the customs changes that came into effect in July.

Just paid the customs fees for my copy of the UE, €62.

Back