UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Anime Limited has licensed the second season of Kakegurui. I wonder if we will get the second season already next year. I hope we don't have to wait long for it to be released. What do you guys think? Will we have to wait for a year for it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211206-194941.png
    Screenshot_20211206-194941.png
    172.2 KB · Views: 14
Chillax dudes, we all know none of us will straight-up start watching stuff we ordered during this sale, our backlogs are shamefully humongous as is.

I'm the first to understand the desire and pleasure of just opening and deep-smelling those digipaks and booklets but I'm sure the team aren't just twiddling their thumbs at HQ, there's a lot going on.

Royal Mail has finally given me an update on my tracking for On-Gaku. They're estimating that it'll get to my house tomorrow. As I said, I'm guessing the delay could be due to the Christmas rush and COVID.

Does anyone know the differences between their sword art Alicization and the US/JP aniplex release? I’ve been looking everywhere for a comparison

Does anyone know the differences between their sword art Alicization and the US/JP aniplex release? I’ve been looking everywhere for a comparison
The UK release apparently uses Madman's discs. I heard that the Madman BD of Alicization is slightly better than the Aniplex BD because of less compression artifacts and no low-pass filtering in complex scenes, but I have not seen it myself. Aniplex releases tend to have low-pass filtering in complex scenes to make compression easier, but it makes the image blurry, especially noticeable when there are a lot of reds (example Kill la Kill).

One thing to note about Madman's self-authored releases (after they fixed their bad encoding setup a few years ago) is that they tend to show faint horizontal lines sometimes in darker colors (example Demon Slayer), I guess because of an incorrect export setting, but it's imo a minor inconvenience compared to the low-pass filtering.

If picture quality matters the most, safest option would be to get the Italian Dynit releases of Aniplex titles but they're not English friendly.

Surely though the UK packaging design will be exactly the same as the german one? Can't see them having higher quality disc holders. I'm a bit concerned that even if my UE is received in good condition that once the discs are removed a few times it'll be damaged which considering its supposed to be a premium item worries me considerably.

You're right though they generally don't ignore such issues. I remember the Gurren Lagann UE and Escaflowne UE issues too. Well since it's not too long until stock arrives let's hope they address it shortly.

... and I agree. Given AL have responded well in the past is what drives my frustration with this situation, with all the noise about the repeated issues with the German sets (and there is a lot on Twitter) AL haven't done anything to acknowledge the situation, just a "We're looking into it" message on social media and email would calmed a lot of it down.

These materials would have been ready for at least a month and they are going to have come from the same manufacturer so I'm pretty sure the UK sets will have exactly the same issues and we'll known soon enough.

I'm seeing a reasonably significant number of people cancel their sets of the back of those initial reports. and I have to admit I'm in two minds about it. It just had to the EVA set, the one UE set I was really looking to.

I'm in the same boat.

The BDs I ordered last Wednesday evening got dispatched yesterday, but they haven't arrived yet.

I wonder if Anime Limited will release the second season of Kakegurui in 2022. I cancelled my order for the Sentai release in favour of AL's CE of Kakegurui's first season since they hinted at having licensed the second season too. I hope we don't have to wait for a year or several years like we had to with the first season.

1638974563521.png

... and I agree. Given AL have responded well in the past is what drives my frustration with this situation, with all the noise about the repeated issues with the German sets (and there is a lot on Twitter) AL haven't done anything to acknowledge the situation, just a "We're looking into it" message on social media and email would calmed a lot of it down.

These materials would have been ready for at least a month and they are going to have come from the same manufacturer so I'm pretty sure the UK sets will have exactly the same issues and we'll known soon enough.

I'm seeing a reasonably significant number of people cancel their sets of the back of those initial reports. and I have to admit I'm in two minds about it. It just had to the EVA set, the one UE set I was really looking to.

The BDs I ordered last Wednesday evening got dispatched yesterday, but they haven't arrived yet.
The facts that the AL logo can be found on the German box, that AL or Gkids have not yet published a picture of the inside of the media holder and that AL has not yet commented on it are in any case cause for concern. I am already very sure that it will be the same media holder.

By the way, there are some pictures of the disc holder on the German Amazon page for the product: Neon Genesis Evangelion Komplettbox BD (Limited Collector's Edition [Blu-ray]: Amazon.de: Anno, Hideaki: DVD & Blu-ray
My return arrived today. Should have my money back by Friday :D

On the other hand, you have nothing to lose. I guess you have already paid for the UE? If the problems with the German version are also confirmed with the English version, you can always send the box back. At worst, it won't cost you more than time.

I got an email about the delay of Evangelion ultimate saying how mine would be later because I didn't order in the first batch but I did; either that or I'm misremembering and there were more than 1000 in the first batch (there were around 350 left when I ordered).

Very disappointed that it didn't drop on my doorstep for my birthday but it's AL :p delays are nothing new.

Edit: wow... Just seen all the posts about the poor quality of the German version. I think it's overpriced as it is so if it's anything less than perfect I'll be returning it for a refund & downgrading. I had trouble justifying it in the first place as I always feel UE's are absolutely terrible value for money but I wanted the artbook & the old dub.
Eva is one of the first series I saw that got me into anime & the only time I've ever splashed on a UE.

Last edited:
Before I resort to bothering them during the busy Christmas sales period, and going from past experience, does anyone here think I could still get replacement discs for Rezero Part 1, knowing I got it in one of the 2019 mystery boxes?

Is there precedent for asking for replacement discs this late after initial launch and not having actually bought it at full price?

Back